GRAMMY-WINNING COUNTRY MUSIC STAR DARIUS
RUCKER TO BE FEATURED ON FEHERTY, MONDAY,
AUGUST 28 AT 9 P.M. ET ON GOLF CHANNEL
VIDEO: Rucker Details How He Squeezes Golf into Busy Schedule
ORLANDO, Fla. (August 24, 2017) – Three-time Grammy Award-winning country music artist and former Hootie and the Blowfish front man, Darius Rucker, will join David Feherty on his self-titled, Emmy-nominated “Outstanding Weekly Studio Show,” Feherty presented by Farmers Insurance, premiering Monday, Aug. 28 at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel.
Filmed in Nashville, Tenn., the interview – which takes place over a few holes of golf in addition to a sit-down conversation at the Country Music Hall of Fame – covers a range of topics, including:
- The origin of his popular “Monday After the Masters” golf event, along with why he chose to venture into the sports agency business.
- Rucker’s friendship with Davis Love III, and why the 2016 Ryder Cup was the best golf he’s ever witnessed in-person.
- A crash course in song writing.
- His affinity for golf, and how his game is currently better than ever, despite a hectic tour schedule.
- Recounting the first time Hootie and the Blowfish were given the opportunity to perform on The Late Show with David Letterman.
Golf’s most recent major champion – Justin Thomas – will round out the seventh season of Feherty, premiering Monday, Sept. 4 at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel.
Described as “golf’s iconoclast,” by Rolling Stone, and “the last unscripted man on TV,” by Men’s Journal, Feherty is coming off a banner year in 2016. Highlights include: sitting down with now four U.S. Presidents: Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump; serving as an NBC Olympic correspondent in Rio; appearing on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon; being profiled on the Emmy award-winning HBO original series, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel; and playing a key role in NBC Sports’ unprecedented 12-week stretch of premier golf events beginning with The Open and concluding with the Ryder Cup.
-NBC Sports Group-