Golf Channel Digital Sets Record Marks Leading to Best Monthly Traffic Ever
Golf Channel Remains No. 1 Most-Affluent Network in All of Television for Both Total Day and Primetime in July
Viewership Momentum Leads into PGA Championship Week, Exciting Playoff Stretch and International Team Events on Golf Channel & NBC, Including: FedExCup Playoffs, Evian Championship, Solheim Cup and The Presidents Cup
ORLANDO, Fla. (July 30, 2015) – Fueled by its most-watched Open Championship Week on-record, Golf Channel has posted its most-watched July ever and served 14.1 million unique viewers (+7% YOY). A record 112,000 viewers per minute tuned into Golf Channel in July (Mon-Sun 6AM-6AM), representing a 20% year-over-year increase compared to July 2014 (93,000) according to data released by The Nielsen Company.
GOLF CHANNEL JULY VIEWERSHIP COMPARISON
2014 93,000 +20%
2013 95,000 +18%
2012 95,000 +18%
2011 70,000 +60%
2010 72,000 +56%
Additionally, Golf Channel retained its status in July as No. 1 most-affluent network in all of television with the highest median household income for total day viewership (No. 2 VH1 Classic, No. 3 CNBC round out the top three networks for this metric). Golf Channel also was the No. 1 most-affluent network in all of television in primetime (No. 2 VH1 Classic, No. 3 E! Entertainment).
GOLF CHANNEL DIGITAL POSTS RECORD TRAFFIC ACROSS ALL KEY PLATFORMS AND METRICS
While monthly digital traffic data is not final until the end of the calendar month and will include two days of live coverage of the Quicken Loans National, Golf Channel Digital’s traffic through Tuesday, July 28 already has set several monthly records, according to Adobe Site Catalyst:
- Golf Channel Digital 96.4 million page views (+51% YOY) – Best Month Ever Record
- Golf Channel Digital 18.1 million visits (+39% YOY) – Best Month Ever Record
- GolfChannel.com 6.0 million unique visitors (+9% YOY)
Additionally, 8.8 million minutes (+96% YOY) of digital content has been streamed via Golf Live Extra and 24/7 players on mobile and desktop devices through July 28.
UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS ON GOLF CHANNEL AND GOLF CHANNEL ON NBC
Golf Channel and Golf Channel on NBC will carry momentum of this record viewership and traffic into the final stretch of the golf season, with a slate of live golf coverage and in-depth news and analysis, including:
- PGA Championship Week (August 10-16): Golf Channel will televise nearly 60 hours of live news coverage surrounding the 2015 PGA Championship from Whistling Straits in Wisconsin, beginning Monday, Aug. 10. Golf Central’s Live From the PGA Championship will lead the network’s programming throughout the week, with live reports, analysis and developing storylines from the final men’s major championship of the season.
- The FedExCup Playoffs (Beginning Thursday, Aug. 27): The PGA TOUR season culminates with the four-event FedExCup Playoffs, with $10 million being awarded to the 2015 FedExCup Champion. Golf Channel and Golf Channel on NBC will provide viewers with exclusive coverage of the Playoffs, beginning with The Barclays (Aug. 27-30: Plainfield, N.J. – First and Second Round coverage / Early-Round Weekend Coverage); the Deutsche Bank Championship (Sept. 4-7: Norton, Mass.); the BMW Championship (Sept. 17-20: Lake Forest, Ill.) and the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola (Sept. 24-27: Atlanta, Ga.)
- The Evian Championship (Sept. 10-13): The fifth and final major on the LPGA Tour schedule, the Evian Championship in France will air live on Golf Channel beginning Thursday, Sept. 10, and the conclusion of Final Round play will air Sunday, Sept. 13 on NBC.
- The Solheim Cup (Sept. 18-20): The 14th edition of the biennial International Match Play competition pits the top female golfers from the United States against Europe’s best. Golf Channel’s live coverage begins on Friday, Sept. 18 in Germany and the United States team will look to avenge their first loss ever on home soil after falling to the Europeans at Colorado Golf Club in 2013.
- The Presidents Cup (Oct. 8-11): Jack Nicklaus Golf Club in South Korea will play host to the 11th Presidents Cup, a biennial International competition between the Unites States and the rest of the world (outside of Europe). Golf Channel will air live overnight coverage of all four days of competition beginning Thursday, Oct. 8, and NBC will air highlights on Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 10-11.
ABOUT GOLF CHANNEL
Golf Channel is a multimedia, golf entertainment and services company based in Orlando, Fla. Serving the most-affluent audience in all of television, Golf Channel – co-founded by Arnold Palmer in 1995 and now part of NBC Sports Group – is available in more than 200 million homes in 84 countries and 13 languages around the world. Exclusive partnerships with the world’s top tours allow Golf Channel to feature more live golf coverage than all other networks combined, as well as a programming schedule distinguished by golf’s highest-quality news, instruction and original content. Watch Golf Channel anywhere: On Demand, online or across mobile and connected TVs through Golf Live Extra. Golf Channel’s digital platforms, headed by GolfChannel.com, are the leading golf destinations on the Internet, delivering unmatched coverage of the world of golf. In addition, Golf Channel connects the world to golf through a wide array of digital and lifestyle services including Golf Channel Mobile, a comprehensive app covering golf’s latest headlines, scores and analysis; GolfNow, the world’s largest online tee time booking platform and golf course technology partner, which includes the GolfNow Mobile App, featuring on-course GPS tracking, in-round scoring and game tracking; GolfAdvisor.com, a golf course ratings and review portal for golfers, by golfers; a North American network of Golf Channel Academy instructional facilities; and Golf Channel Am Tour, the world’s largest amateur golf tour.