Golf Channel Remains No. 1 Most-Affluent Network in All of Television for Both Total Day and Primetime in April
Golf Channel Digital Breaks Records with Best Monthly Traffic Ever
Viewership Momentum Leads to Compelling Stretch, Including World Golf Championships-Cadillac Match Play, THE PLAYERS Championship and 25 Consecutive Days of Live Golf
ORLANDO, Fla. (April 29, 2015) – Golf Channel posted its most-watched April ever and served 16.3 million unique viewers, which was driven by increases across the network’s programming schedule. For 24-hour Total Day (6AM-6AM), 132,000 average viewers per minute were tuned into Golf Channel in April, representing a 2% year-over-year increase compared to April 2014 (130,000) and the network’s most-watched month since August 2013 (138,000), as well as a 53% increase since Golf Channel joined NBC Sports Group, according to data released by The Nielsen Company.
GOLF CHANNEL APRIL VIEWERSHIP COMPARISON
2014 130,000 +2%
2013 128,000 +4%
2012 115,000 +15%
2011 101,000 +31%
2010 86,000 +53%
Additionally, Golf Channel retained its status in April as No. 1 most-affluent network in all of television with the highest median household income for total day viewership (#2 NBCSN and #3 CNBC round out the top three networks for this metric). Golf Channel also was the No. 1 most-affluent network in all of television in primetime (#2 NBCSN).
GOLF CHANNEL DIGITAL POSTS RECORD TRAFFIC ACROSS ALL KEY PLATFORMS AND METRICS
While monthly digital traffic data is not final until the end of the calendar month and will include two days of live coverage of the WGC-Cadillac Match Play, Golf Channel Digital’s traffic through Tuesday, April 28 already has set several records, according to Adobe Site Catalyst:
- Golf Channel Digital 90.98 million page views (+40% YOY) – Best Month Ever Record
- Golf Channel Digital 17.23 million visits (+37% YOY) – Best Month Ever Record
- GolfChannel.com 5.6 million unique visitors (+23% YOY) – Best Month Ever Record
Additionally, Golf Live Extra generated 674,000 live stream starts (+38% YOY) and 13.33 million minutes watched (+93% YOY) so far in April 2015.
UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS ON GOLF CHANNEL AND GOLF CHANNEL ON NBC
Golf Channel will carry momentum of this record viewership and traffic into May with a slate of live golf coverage and in-depth news and analysis, including:
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Match Play (Wednesday, April 29 – Sunday, May 3): With the new World Cup-style group format, Golf Channel and NBC will feature the match-play action from TPC Harding Park all this week. And Saturday’s Quarterfinal Matches will be featured in primetime on NBC at the conclusion of the Kentucky Derby.
- THE PLAYERS Championship (Thursday, May 7 – Sunday, May 10): More than 90 hours of live coverage during the week devoted to featuring the year’s top field in golf, including Golf Central’s Live from THE PLAYERS and Morning Drive onsite at TPC Sawgrass.
- 25 Consecutive Days of Live Golf (Thursday, May 14 – June 7): Starting Thursday, May 14, Golf Channel will link 25 straight days of live golf, which will include PGA TOUR, LPGA Tour, European Tour, Web.com Tour and Champions Tour events, as well as coverage Mondays through Wednesdays of the LET Turkish Airlines Ladies Open (May 18-20), NCAA Women’s Golf National Championships (May 25-27) and NCAA Men’s Golf National Championships (June 1-3).
ABOUT GOLF CHANNEL
Golf Channel is a multimedia, golf entertainment and services company based in Orlando, Fla. Serving the most-affluent audience in all of television, Golf Channel – co-founded by Arnold Palmer in 1995 and now part of NBC Sports Group – is available in more than 200 million homes in 84 countries and 13 languages around the world. Exclusive partnerships with the world’s top tours allow Golf Channel to feature more live golf coverage than all other networks combined, as well as a programming schedule distinguished by golf’s highest-quality news, instruction and original content. Golf Channel’s digital platforms, headed by GolfChannel.com, are the leading golf destinations on the Internet, delivering unmatched coverage of the world of golf. Fans are able to enjoy 24/7 live streaming of Golf Channel content through Golf Live Extra and select programming is simulcast via SiriusXM’s PGA TOUR Radio. In addition, Golf Channel connects the world to golf through a wide array of digital and lifestyle services including Golf Channel Mobile, a comprehensive app covering golf’s latest headlines, scores and analysis; GolfNow, the world’s largest online tee time booking platform and golf course technology partner, which includes the GolfNow Mobile App, featuring on-course GPS tracking, in-round scoring and game tracking; GolfAdvisor.com, a golf course ratings and review portal for golfers, by golfers; a North American network of Golf Channel Academy instructional facilities; and Golf Channel Am Tour, the world’s largest amateur golf tour.
– NBC Sports Group –