VERSUS has Pre- & Postgame Coverage
Comcast SportsNet New England Provides Local Boston Coverage
“One game, one opportunity to be number one.” – NBC Sports Group hockey analyst Eddie Olczyk
“I can’t remember being this excited about a game I wasn’t playing in.” – NBC Sports Group hockey analyst Jeremy Roenick
NEW YORK – June 14, 2011 – The NBC Sports Group will surround Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins tomorrow night with game coverage on NBC, pre- and postgame coverage on VERSUS, local Boston coverage on Comcast SportsNet New England, digital coverage on NBCSports.com and social media content on Facebook and Twitter.
NBC: Coverage of the deciding game begins from Rogers Arena in Vancouver, Canada at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. Emmy-award winner Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick (play-by-play) and Eddie Olczyk (analyst) will anchor NBC Sports’ game coverage with analyst Pierre McGuire stationed “inside-the-glass.” The studio show will feature host Dan Patrick and analysts Keith Jones and Mike Milbury.
Olczyk: “There are times in sports where you say with envy: ‘This is it. Game 7. One game, one opportunity to be number one.’”
VERSUS: Hockey Central will start the NBC Sports Group’s national coverage at 7:30 p.m. ET with a 30-minute pre-game show. Immediately following NBC’s game coverage, VERSUS will present postgame coverage with highlights, news, analysis and player interviews, live on-location from Rogers Arena. Bill Patrick will host both programs with Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick serving as analysts and Darren Pang working as the in-arena reporter.
Roenick: “I can’t believe that in the best playoff season I’ve ever seen, and with the outstanding talent pool in the NHL, that the Stanley Cup Final will be decided in a seventh game. I can’t remember being this excited about a game I wasn’t playing in.”
CSN NEW ENGLAND: For viewers in Boston, Comcast SporstNet New England’s Game 7 coverage will begin at 6 p.m. ET with Chevrolet SportsNet Central. Anchors/reporters Mike Giardi and Kevin Walsh along with CSNNE.com Bruins Insider Joe Haggerty report live from Vancouver. Michael Felger and Tony Amonte anchor from Boston.
DIGITAL: NBCSports.com and VERSUS.com have combined forces to create a single, robust destination for hockey fans. The NBC Sports Group consolidated NHL content from both the NBCSports.com and VERSUS.com’s hockey sections onto the rapidly-growing NBCSports.com site. Game 7 coverage includes:
- Web-exclusive videos featuring NBC Sports Group hockey commentators previewing Game 7.
- “Star-Cam” will follow marquee players during the game and “Net-Cam” will provide a unique perspective from behind the goalie.
- ProHockeyTalk, which recently had its most-trafficked month ever, will update Game 7 news around the clock and will conduct a live in-game chat.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Fans can interact with Game 7 through a variety of NBC Sports and VERSUS social media platforms:
- Behind the Scenes: Through the joint “NHL on NBC and VERSUS” Facebook page and @NHLonNBC_VS on Twitter, fans receive exclusive behind-the-scenes photos, interviews and video.
- Team Tabs: Fans who “Like” the joint NBC and VERSUS Facebook page will have the opportunity to play a variety of games and upload fan photos.
- News: Fans can follow NBC and VERSUS Facebook and Twitter accounts to receive the most up to date news on Game 7 from ProHockeyTalk.
–NBC Sports Group–