UFC: Record 16 Hours of Live UFC Programming on FOX Sports 1
For RED, WHITE & FIGHT WEEK
NASCAR: Special Thursday Night Daytona Edition
of NASCAR RACE HUB in Prime Time
JOCKEY CLUB: Horse Racing from Monmouth Park
#ICYMI: BIG STICKS WITH KEN GRIFFEY JR. Premiered Last Week With Red Sox Slugger David Ortiz; Next Episode, Featuring Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen,
Airs July 12 at 2:00 PM ET
FOX SPORTS LIVE – IN-DEPTH NBA FREE AGENCY COVERAGE, TEAM-BY-TEAM NFL PREVIEWS, UFC FIGHT WEEK INTERVIEWS LEAD THE WAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Ryan Field, Cole Wright, Cobi Jones, Gabe Kapler, Joel Klatt, Bill Reiter, Andy Roddick, Adrian Wojnarowski.
- This Week: With NBA free agency having commenced on Tuesday, FOX SPORTS LIVE has it covered from top to bottom with the sport’s preeminent news-breaker, Yahoo Sports/FOX Sports 1 NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski, in-studio on Wednesday night. Wojnarowski was on the show for the dawn of free agency Monday and Tuesday, providing up-to-the-minute news on the comings and goings of basketball’s biggest stars. Also debuting on the show this week were FOX SPORTS LIVE team-by-team NFL Preview packages. In the pieces, a panel featuring Jay Glazer, Joel Klatt, Donovan McNabb, Randy Moss and Brian Urlacher sit down to analyze one team per night, weighing each club’s offseason transactions and attempting to forecast their prospects for the 2014 season. FOX Sports and the UFC’s “Red, White & Fight Week” begins in Las Vegas, and FOX SPORTS LIVE has several appearances from fighters of all ranks and classes. On-site interviews with Chris Weidman, Lyoto Machida, Urijah Faber, Ronda Rousey, Alexis Davis, BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar and UFC President Dana White appear on the show between Wednesday – Friday nights in anticipation of Saturday night’s UFC 175 and Sunday’s THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER 19 finale card.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – BUCCANEERS’ PRO BOWL SAFETY GOLDSON IN STUDIO WEDNESDAY, SHOW PREEMPTED THURSDAY, STERLING TRIAL COVERAGE EARLY NEXT WEEK
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET), preempted Thursday, July 3
- Talent: Mike Hill, Molly McGrath, Warren Barton, Royce Clayton, Cobi Jones, Andy Roddick, Frank Thomas, Adrian Wojnarowski, Eric Wynalda.
- This Week: Wednesday’s show is marked by an in-studio visit from Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ two-time Pro Bowl safety Dashon Goldson. Goldson stops by to recap an offseason of change in Tampa and preview the Bucs’ upcoming season in the always hotly contested NFC South. NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice at Daytona preemptS the show on Thursday, but AMERICA’S PREGAME returns Friday in advance of all of the weekend action. On Monday, Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s probate trial commences as he continues to challenge his wife, Shelly Sterling’s, legal right to sell the franchise. FOX Sports 1 correspondent Kevin Vaughan is on-hand filing reports from the proceedings, and legal analyst Rob Becker also gives insights as to the strategies and implications of what transpires in the court room.
The United States Men’s National Team saw its inspiring run come to an end in the knockout stage on Tuesday, but AMERICA’S PREGAME and FOX SPORTS LIVE’S robust coverage of the World Cup continues on a nightly basis. There are no tournament games on Wednesday or Thursday, but National Soccer Hall of Famer Cobi Jones is in-studio for recap analysis and previews of the weekend matches. Warren Barton and National Soccer Hall of Famer Eric Wynalda return to the studio for Friday and Saturday coverage, while Sports Illustrated senior soccer writer and FOX Sports 1 contributor Grant Wahl continues to file daily reports from Brazil.
FOX SPORTS 1 FEATURES A RECORD 16 HOURS OF LIVE UFC PROGRAMMING FOR “RED, WHITE & FIGHT WEEK”: This year, FOX Sports 1 celebrates the July 4th holiday weekend as never before with the culmination of “Red, White & Fight Week,” featuring 16 hours of live UFC programming, including two huge UFC fight cards and a pair of 90-minute UFC TONIGHT specials live from Las Vegas. In what can only be described as a UFC fan’s dream, “Red, White & Fight Week” delivers a record number of UFC programming hours for Saturday’s UFC 175 and its two title fights, as well as for the epic finale of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: TEAM EDGAR VS. TEAM PENN, as UFC legends and this season’s coaches, Frankie Edgar and BJ Penn, headline five hours of fights live from Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Sunday, July 6.
UFC TONIGHT – UFC 175 TITLE FIGHTS PREVIEWED, PLUS WEIDMAN, MACHIDA, ROUSEY AND FABER INTERVIEWS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, July 2 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenny Florian, Daniel Cormier, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: On UFC TONIGHT, Kenny Florian and guest host Daniel Cormier preview UFC 175. The weekend’s headliners, Chris Weidman, Lyoto Machida and Ronda Rousey, are interviewed about their upcoming title fights. Urijah Faber talks about his upcoming UFC 175 bout. Ariel Helwani and Karyn Bryant add reports.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER – BATTLE FOR SPOTS IN FINALE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, July 2 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar
- This Week:On this episode of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER, the remaining finale spots are determined in two semifinal fights. First, it’s a middleweight battle as Dhiego Lima takes on Roger Zapata. Then, light heavyweights Matt Van Buren and Daniel Spohn bring their heavy hands to the cage, facing off in the most vicious bout of the season.
SPECIAL UFC 175 WEIGH-IN FEATURED AS PART OF AMERICA’S PREGAME, TATE MAKES HER ANALYST DEBUT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Friday, July 4 (6:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Miesha Tate, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: FOX Sports 1 presents the UFC 175 weigh-in as part of a special 90-minute AMERICA’S PREGAME. The 22 fighters take the scales ahead of the exciting UFC 175, including headliners Chris Weidman, Lyoto Machida, Ronda Rousey and Alexis Davis. Current UFC light heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier, former UFC middleweight Brian Stann and FOX Sports 1 host Jay Glazer welcome top UFC women’s bantamweight contender Miesha Tate, as she makes her debut as television analyst.
SPECIAL FRIDAY NIGHT UFC TONIGHT LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS FEATURES THE BIGGEST NAMES IN THE UFC
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Friday, July 4 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Kenny Florian, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: A special 90-minute Friday edition of UFC TONIGHT takes place in front of a live audience from the stage at Mandalay Bay Events Center. FOX Sports 1’s Jay Glazer hosts the program with UFC TONIGHT’s Kenny Florian, Karyn Bryant and Ariel Helwani, where they breakdown the next day’s action and capture the fanfare that is UFC International Fight Week. They are joined by UFC president Dana White, UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta, heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez, lightweight champion Anthony Pettis, legends Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes and Dan Severn, plus former champions Rashad Evans and Dominick Cruz.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE WEIGH-IN SHOW
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2, Saturday, July 5 (4:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The fighters, including UFC legend BJ Penn and former champion Frankie Edgar and THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER Season 19 finalists, tip the scales as they attempt to make weight before the exciting Sunday fights.
UFC 175 PREFIGHT SHOW PREVIEWS WEIDMAN VS. MACHIDA AND ROUSEY VS. DAVIS TITLE FIGHTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, July 5 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Brian Stann, Daniel Cormier, Miesha Tate, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The UFC 175 PREFIGHT SHOW previews the middleweight title fight between champion Chris Weidman and No. 3-ranked Lyoto Machida, and women’s bantamweight title fight between champion Ronda Rousey and No. 2-ranked Alexis Davis. Host Jay Glazer, UFC lightweight heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier, women’s bantamweight contender Miesha Tate and former middleweight Brian Stann break down the fights.
UFC 175 PRELIMS FEATURE FOUR EXCITING FIGHTS INCLUDING URIJAH FABER
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, July 5 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- This Week:The two-hour UFC 175 PRELIMS feature an exciting bantamweight bout between No. 2-ranked Urijah Faber (30-7) and No. 11-ranked Alex Caceres (10-5, 1NC). Kenny Robertson (13-3) faces Ildemar Alcantara (20-6) in a welterweight fight. Middleweights Chris Camozzi (19-7) and Bruno Santos (13-1) and bantamweights George Roop (15-11-1) and Rob Font (10-1) kick off the prelims.
UFC 175 POSTFIGHT SHOW RECAPS TWO TITLE FIGHTS, INTERVIEWS WINNERS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, July 5 (1:30 AM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Miesha Tate, Ariel Helwani
- This Week:The UFC ON FOX crew recaps UFC 175 and analyzes the middleweight and women’s bantamweight title fights. The one-hour review also features exclusive interviews with the winners.
SPECIAL SUNDAY UFC TONIGHT LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS FEATURES THE BIGGEST NAMES IN THE UFC
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, July 6 (3:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann
- This Week: A special 90-minute Sunday edition of UFC TONIGHT begins live from the UFC Fan Expo at Mandalay Bay, featuring special guest appearances by some of the biggest names in the UFC. The crew welcomes UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks and UFC lightweight champion and THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER Season 20 coach Anthony Pettis, among others. Additionally, fighters from the previous night of fights join host Jay Glazer, Daniel Cormier and Brian Stann on-set.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE PREFIGHT SHOW PREVIEWS NIGHT’S ACTION
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, July 6 (6:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE PREFIGHT SHOW live from inside the arena previews the night of exciting action, including breaking down the battle between coaches and former UFC champions BJ Penn and Frankie Edger.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE PRELIMS FEATURES FOUR EXCITING BOUTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, July 6 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik, Kenny Florian
- This Week: The prelims of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE kicks off the evening of fights with four exciting bouts. Bout order will be announced on Thursday, July 3.
UFC LEGEND BJ PENN FACES FORMER CHAMP EDGAR IN THE UTLIMATE FIGHTER FINALE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, July 6 (9:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik, Kenny Florian
- This Week: In the main event of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE, the TUF coaches face off in their third battle in the Octagon – UFC legend BJ Penn and former champion Frankie Edgar are preceded on the six-fight main card by TUF Season 19 contestants fighting for a six-figure UFC contract and a Harley Davidson. The main card also features a matchup between heavyweights Derrick Lewis (10-2, 1NC) and Guto Inocente (6-0). Finale bout order will be announced on Thursday, July 3.
FOX SPORTS LIVE RECAPS THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE WITH INTERVIEWS OF WINNERS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, July 6 (12:00 AM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The UFC ON FOX analyst crew joins FOX SPORTS LIVE to recap THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE and analyzes the headlining fight between BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar. The review also features exclusive interviews with the winners of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER.
GOMEZ’S AGGRESSIVE STYLE COULD BE DIFFERENCE OVER PAREDES AT FOX FIGHT NIGHT GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, SAYS MALIGNAGGI
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Deportes, Wednesday, July 9 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Brian Custer, Paulie Malignaggi
- This Week: An exciting Wednesday night FOX FIGHT NIGHT GOLDEN BOY LIVE! features former world title contender Alfonso Gomez (23-6-2, 12 KOs) against Ed “The Lion” Paredes (35-3-1, 23 KOs) in the 10-round welterweight main event, along with rising stars Joseph Diaz Jr. (10-0, 7 KOs) and Diego De La Hoya (5-0, 4 KOs) live from The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. FOX Sports 1 analyst Paulie Malignaggi believes that 33-year-old Gomez has experience that will give him the edge. “I’m a big fan of Alfonso Gomez and his aggressive style. He’s an underrated fighter who’s only lost to the best in the world, and I don’t know if Ed Paredes is going to take him lightly, but if he does, he’s going to be in for a long night. If Paredes is on top of his game, though, this will be an interesting fight to call. Joseph Diaz has a great amateur background and shows a lot of poise in the ring. I expect him to do big things in this game, and I can say the same thing about Diego De La Hoya. They are two of the best prospects in the sport today.”
FOUR MLB GAMES COMING TO FOX SPORTS & FOX SPORTS 1 THIS SATURDAY WITH REGIONALIZED PRIME-TIME CONTESTS
- Network: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, July 5 (4:00 PM ET)
o Arizona Diamondbacks at Atlanta Braves: Justin Kutcher & C.J. Nitkowski
- Network/When: FOX Sports Broadcast Network, Saturday, July 5 (7:00 PM ET).
o Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox: Joe Buck, Tom Verducci, Harold Reynolds & Ken Rosenthal
o San Francisco Giants at San Diego Padres: Matt Vasgersian & Eric Karros
o Texas Rangers at New York Mets: Kenny Albert & Cliff Floyd
MLB WHIPAROUND CONTINUES ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When/On-air Talent: FOX Sports 1, weekdays
o Thursday, July 3 (10:00 PM ET) – Ryan Field, Frank Thomas & Gabe Kapler
o Friday, July 4 (10:00 PM ET) – Kevin Burkhardt, Frank Thomas & Mark Sweeney
o Monday, July 7 (10:00 PM ET) – TBD
o Tuesday, July 8 (10:00 PM ET) – TBD
o Wednesday, July 9 (9:00 PM ET) – TBD
- What: This nightly program expands FOX Sports 1’s commitment to baseball coverage with quick-turnaround highlights of in-progress games, MLB news and analysis. The hour-long program originates from Los Angeles.
NASCAR HEADS TO WORLD CENTER OF RACING FOR JULY 4TH WEEKEND — When the NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES last competed at Daytona International Speedway — in February’s Daytona 500 — NASCAR’s favorite son broke his lengthy winless streak to punch his ticket to the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. In his return to the “World Center of Racing” on Saturday night, Dale Earnhardt Jr. remains a favorite at the 2.5-mile superspeedway and hopes to become just the sixth driver in history to win the Daytona 500 and the July Daytona race in the same season. But first he must battle his Hendrick Motorsports teammates, the strong Team Penske contingent and everyone else hoping a win in the “wild card” race paves his or her way to the playoffs. FOX Sports 1 kicks off July 4th weekend from Daytona with live shoulder programming surrounding the NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES and NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
FOX Sports GO, the app that provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, offers live coverage of all practice and qualifying sessions and shoulder programming telecast on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. Customers of participating video providers may access the live streams of the race through the FOX Sports GO app for iOS and Android devices, as well as on desktops through FOXSportsGO.com.
NASCAR RACE HUB
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Monday through Thursdays (5:00 PM ET; 9:00 PM ET prime-time special on Thursday, July 3)
- Talent: Co-hosts Steve Byrnes, Danielle Trotta and Adam Alexander; Matt Clark, Bob Dillner, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds
- This Week: Thursday’s special, prime-time edition, hosted by Steve Byrnes and Matt Clark, includes a Dale Earnhardt Jr. feature; analysis of Danielle Trotta’s interview with NASCAR President Mike Helton; a feature on Jeff Gordon’s remaining window of opportunity to win a fifth championship and Carl Edwards’ chances to win his first; and a look at Turner Scott Motorsports crew member Ashley Parlett.
- Next Week: Driver/guest analyst AJ Almendinger on Monday, July 7
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, July 5 (5:30 PM ET)
- Talent: John Roberts, Jeff Hammond, Kenny Wallace, Krista Voda and Rutledge Wood
- This Week: Jeff Hammond’s sit-down interview with Daytona 500 pole winner and NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES rookie Austin Dillon; a look back at this year’s rookie race as the season approaches the second half; and interviews with Tony Stewart, Brad Keselowski, Jamie McMurray and Kyle Larson.
SHERWOOD LOOKS TO WIN THIRD IN A ROW AT RED BULL X-FIGHTERS MADRID
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Monday, July 7 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Troy Manering, Andy Bell, reporter Ronnie Renner
- This Week: The Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour makes its third stop of the season at the famous Las Ventas bullfighting ring in the Spanish capital city of Madrid, where New Zealand’s Levi Sherwood looks to win his third straight, after his emphatic victories in the season opener in Mexico City and a spectacular triumph in Osaka, Japan. FOX Sports 1 host Troy Manering believes the competition will challenge Sherwood this time around: “Madrid’s Red Bull X-Fighters stop marks the middle point of the 2014 season and Sherwood is looking to extend his leading position,” says Manering. “However, France’s Thomas Pagès and a strong rider field will make this a tough battle.” After Madrid, Spain, the five-leg tour continues on to Munich, and the world tour final in Pretoria, South Africa. Watch this preview clip featuring some of the best tricks: http://www.redbullxfighters.com/en_US/video/best-tricks-las-ventas-ever
JOCKEY CLUB ON FOX SPORTS 1 RETURNS WITH HORSE RACING FROM MONMOUTH PARK
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, July 7 (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Greg Wolf is joined by analyst Richard Migliore, analyst/handicappers Simon Bray and Andy Serling and reporter Alyssa Ali.
- This Week: A full weekend of horse racing takes place from Monmouth Park in Oceanport, N.J., culminating with the running of the Grade 3 Salvator Mile and the 63rd running of the Grade 1 United Nations Stakes.
TRASH TALK TAKES CENTER STAGE ON BACK OF THE SHOP
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, July 8 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Carlos Gomez and Francisco Rodriguez from the Milwaukee Brewers, Chris Young of the New York Mets and Super Bowl Champion receiver Plaxico Burress all take their turn with Jordan the barber.
- This Week: A new series from FOX Sports Originals and Relativity Media, BACK OF THE SHOP showcases some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment as they talk smack, let their opinions fly and share hilarious stories. In this week’s episode, Super Bowl Champion wide receiver Plaxico Burress, New York Mets outfielder Chris Young and the Milwaukee Brewers’ Carlos Gomez and Francisco Rodriguez discuss trash talk on the field, in the stands and even trash talk each other over who’s tougher – baseball or football players.
“We were watching some [NFL] game last year, and somebody had a punctured lung or something like that, and they played through it,” Young says. “A broken arm – they’re out there on the field with a cast on. I’m like, man, in baseball, you get a tweaked hammy and you’re going to shut it down. But going out there day after day after day, I’d have to argue that it takes a toll on your body – not as much, though.”
“I’m trying to figure out how standing in right field with a bag of sunflower seeds in your back pocket takes a toll on your body,” Burress jokes.
“It does, man,” Young responds. “You don’t understand – it’s rough!”