SOCCER: FA Cup Final on FOX on Saturday
UFC: Top Welterweights Condit and Alves Headline Six-Bout Main Card
on FOX Sports 1 UFC Fight Night
NASCAR: Tripleheader from Dover this weekend on FOX, FOX Sports 1
#ICYMI: A Soldier’s Story – Major Stephen Reich
FA CUP FINAL ON FOX THIS SATURDAY
Arsenal vs. Aston Villa, FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30 (12:00 PM ET)
- Talent:Sky Sports’ Martin Tyler and Stewart Robson call the match along with FOX Sports’ analyst Brad Friedel providing on-site reports at the legendary Wembley Stadium. Rob Stone hosts pregame, halftime and postgame coverage from the FOX Network Center in Los Angeles with analysts Alexi Lalas, Eric Wynalda and Warren Barton.
- This Week: This year’s final features reigning champions Arsenal looking for their record 12th triumph, and Aston Villa, appearing in the final for the first time in 15 years.
FOX SPORTS PACKS A NASCAR TRIPLEHEADER INTO THIS WEEKEND’S ACTIVITIES FROM DOVER
FOX Sports offers a NASCAR tripleheader this weekend from Dover International Speedway, kicking off the first of four consecutive NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES races airing live on FOX Sports 1 to close out FOX Sports’ portion of the 2015 Cup Series season. More than 21 hours of live coverage from Dover includes the NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES and NASCAR XFINITY SERIES races, culminating with the Cup Series race live on FOX Sports 1 on Sunday, May 31 (1:00 PM ET), with pre-race coverage beginning at 11:30 AM ET with NASCAR RACEDAY.
Carl Edwards took the checkered flag last week at Charlotte for his first Cup Series win of the season and first with Joe Gibbs Racing. Edwards, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kurt Busch, Denny Hamlin, defending champion Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano have locked up spots in the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup via wins in the season’s first 12 races.
Saturday’s NASCAR XFINITY SERIES race is the final of four XFINITY Series races broadcast on FOX in 2015, with FOX Sports’ last two XFINITY Series races of 2015 airing on FOX Sports 1. Adam Alexander calls Saturday’s race at 2:30 PM ET alongside Michael Waltrip and driver analyst Kevin Harvick. Harvick, the reigning NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES champion, is one of five NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES drivers announced as part of a rotation in the FOX and FOX Sports 1 booth for FOX Sports’ coverage of the 2015 NASCAR XFINITY SERIES season. Danica Patrick is scheduled as analyst on June 13 from Michigan (1:30 PM ET on FOX Sports 1), while four-time champion Jeff Gordon, 2012 champ Brad Keselowski, Clint Bowyer and Harvick also have called races throughout the season.
In the NASCAR XFINITY SERIES, Chris Buescher leads Ty Dillon leads (-4), followed by defending champion Chase Elliott (-28), Darrell Wallace Jr. (-30) and Regan Smith (-41) after 11 races.
The NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES opens the weekend from Dover on Friday, May 29 on FOX Sports 1 (5:30 PM ET) with its sixth of 23 races this year and the first of four consecutive. Heading into Dover, defending champion Matt Crafton leads Erik Jones (-16), followed by Tyler Reddick (-18), Johnny Sauter (-25) and John Wes Townley (-57) after five races. On-track action from Dover begins Friday, May 29 at 10:00 AM ET on FOX Sports 1 with NASCAR XFINITY SERIES practice.
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACING
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 31 (1:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Mike Joy; analysts Darrell Waltrip and Larry McReynolds; reporters Jamie Little, Chris Neville, Vince Welch and Matt Yocum
- Talent: Host Chris Myers; analysts Darrell Waltrip and Michael Waltrip; reporters Jamie Little, Chris Neville and Matt Yocum
LARRY MCREYNOLDS SAYS IT WAS NO SURPRISE KYLE BUSCH WAS STRONG OUT OF THE GATE IN HIS FIRST POINTS RACE BACK FROM INJURY LAST WEEK AT CHARLOTTE:
“It was no surprise at all Kyle Busch ran as well as he did because we know he’s an extraordinary driver, athlete and person. Although he qualified 17th, I thought he had a top-five car most of the night. He had to pit with 20 laps to go, but in my book, that was another victory for Joe Gibbs Racing that night in just his second time back in a car and in a race that was four times the length of the All-Star Race. Now we’re headed to Dover, where Kyle Busch has two Sprint Cup wins.”
MCREYNOLDS ON THE DISAPPOINTMENT OF MARTIN TRUEX JR. AGAIN LEADING THE MOST LAPS BUT FINISHING FIFTH LAST WEEKEND AT CHARLOTTE:
“That’s been the case a lot in 2015. But in talking to that team Sunday morning in the garage, based on their confidence in their car, leading the most laps in the 600 was not a big surprise. There were a lot of comers and goers but what I saw from Martin Truex Jr. and the No. 78 car was that they were good in the beginning, middle and the end from green flag to checkered flag. That’s two races in a row they’ve led the most laps – Kansas and Charlotte. I’m not saying they had the wrong strategy – they did not have the race-winning strategy — but the way they’re running, I’m confident they will make it to Victory Lane, possibly this week at Dover.”
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 31 (11:30 AM ET)
- Talent: Hosts Chris Myers and Danielle Trotta; analysts Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip and Kenny Wallace; reporters Jamie Little, Chris Neville, Vince Welch and Kaitlyn Vincie
- This Week: .An explanatory feature on early driver/team feedback regarding the new adjustable track bar option available to drivers inside the car; a piece on Martin Truex Jr.’s tough luck when leading and dominating races the last three years; the seven-year-old “NASCAR rapper” and interviews with Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin and Martin Truex Jr.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACING
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30 (2:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Adam Alexander; analysts Phil Parsons and Michael Waltrip; reporters Vince Welch, Jamie Little and Chris Neville
NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACING
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, May 29 (5:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Ralph Sheheen; analysts Phil Parsons and two-time series champion Todd Bodine; reporters Hermie Sadler and Matt Yocum
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, May 29 (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host John Roberts; analyst Ray Dunlap; reporters Hermie Sadler and Matt Yocum
- This Week: A look back at Kasey Kahne’s win two weeks ago at Charlotte; a flashback to Kyle Busch’s victory last year at Dover; a piece on analyst and two-time NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES champion Todd Bodine’s last win, which came in the 2012 race at Dover; a feature on Chad Boat; and an examination of John Wes Townley’s strong run at Charlotte and subsequent climb in the point standings.
NASCAR RACE HUB & NASCAR RACE HUB WEEKEND EDITION
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, May 27-Thursday, May 28 (6:00 PM ET); Saturday, May 30 (12:30 PM ET), Monday, June 1-Thursday, June 4 (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Co-hosts Adam Alexander, John Roberts and Danielle Trotta; analysts Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond and Wally Dallenbach; reporters Alan Cavanna, Andrew Doud and Kaitlyn Vincie
- This Week: Alan Cavanna sits down with Matt Kenseth at the Joe Gibbs Racing shop and a feature on NASCAR XFINITY SERIES driver Cale Conley on Wednesday, May 27
- Next Week: Driver/guest analyst Greg Biffle on Monday, June 1; crew chief/guest analyst Drew Blickensderfer on Tuesday, June 2
FIM MOTOGP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
NEXT STOP FOR MOTOGP: GRAND PRIX OF ITALY; YAMAHA EXTENDS LEAD
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 31 (7:30 AM ET)
- Talent: Jonathan Green, Nick Harris, Matt Birt, Dylan Gray
- This Week: Racing legend Valentino Rossi (Italy/Yamaha) maintains his points lead over Grand Prix of France winner Jorge Lorenzo (Spain/Yamaha) heading into this weekend’s Grand Prix of Italy. Moto3 (6:00 PM ET) and Moto2 (7:00 PM ET) air on FOX Sports 2 and FOX Sports GO on same-day delay.
TUDOR UNITED SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP
IMSA RACING HEADS TO DETROIT’S BELLE ISLE PARK
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30 (12:00 PM ET); replays on FOX Sports 1, Sunday, May 31 (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Bob Varsha, Calvin Fish, Brian Till, Jamie Howe
- This Week: With 26 cars entered – nine Prototype, seven Prototype Challenge, 10 GT Daytona – the TUDOR United Sportscar Championships heads to Detroit’s Belle Isle Park for the Chevrolet Sports Car Classic presented by the Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers, the final street circuit of the season. The 100-minute race serves as Round 5 for the Prototypes and Round 4 for the Prototype Challenge and GT Daytona cars. Of note, there has yet to be a repeat Prototype winner on the season. Two TUDOR regulars competed at Indy: Townsend Bell finished 14th; James Davison wound up 27th. Several drivers are leaving after the Detroit race and flying to Le Mans to get seat time in the Sunday test for the upcoming 24 Hours of Le Mans.
REGIONALIZED PRIMETIME MLB COVERAGE SATURDAY ON FOX SPORTS & NATIONAL GAME OF THE WEEK AIRS ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Milwaukee Brewers: Brian Anderson & Bob Brenly (4:00 PM ET)
- Network/When: FOX Sports, Saturday, May 30
- Los Angeles Dodgers at St. Louis Cardinals: Joe Buck, Tom Verducci, Harold Reynolds & Ken Rosenthal (7:00 PM ET)
- Boston Red Sox at Texas Rangers: Kenny Albert, Eric Karros & Jon Paul Morosi (7:00 PM ET)
- Kansas City Royals at Chicago Cubs: Len Kasper & CJ Nitkowski
- This Week: The MLB on FOX Sports 1 pregame show is preempted this week. Host Kevin Burkhardt & analyst Frank Thomas provide necessary MLB updates from FOX Sports 1 studios as needed.
- Network/When/On-air Talent: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, weekdays
- Thursday, May 28 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Kevin Burkhardt, Frank Thomas & Mark Sweeney
- Friday, May 29 (7:30 PM ET) Talent: Kevin Burkhardt, Frank Thomas & Mark Sweeney
- Monday, June 1 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Kevin Burkhardt, CJ Nitkowski & Ken Rosenthal
- Tuesday, June 2 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Chris Myers, CJ Nitkowski & Dontrelle Willis
- Wednesday, June 3 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Chris Myers, CJ Nitkowski & Dontrelle Willis
- Show Description: MLB WHIPAROUND is FOX Sports 1’s nightly in-progress highlights and analysis studio show. The 60-minute program features live look-ins at games from across the country, courtesy of FOX Sports’ Regional Sports Networks, in addition to recaps and analysis from some of the games most respected journalists and former players.
AGGRESSIVE CONDIT ONE TO WATCH IN UFC FIGHT NIGHT: CONDIT VS. ALVES, SAYS FOX UFC ANALYST BISPING
This weekend’s FOX SPORTS 1 UFC FIGHT NIGHT: CONDIT VS. ALVES features two top ranked welterweights, No. 4 Carlos Condit (29-8) and No. 12 Thiago Alves (26-9) in an exciting showdown. FOX UFC analyst Michael Bisping believes Condit is the one to watch in the fight: “The moment the fight starts, he’s trying to take the other guy out. He’s always moving forward with punches and kicks. When he fought Rory MacDonald, he was down two rounds, and he went out and took him out in style to win. Don’t miss this fight.” FOX Sports 1 airs the UFC FIGHT NIGHT PREFIGHT SHOW (7:00 PM ET), UFC FIGHT NIGHT PRELIMS (8:00 PM ET), main card (10:00 PM ET) and FOX SPORTS LIVE postfight coverage (1:00 AM ET) on Saturday, May 30.
UFC TONIGHT: UFC FIGHT NIGHT PREVIEW, PLUS CORMIER, CONDIT AND RUTTEN INTERVIEWS, BISPING GUEST HOSTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 27 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenny Florian, Daniel Cormier, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani, Michael Bisping
- This Week: Daniel Cormier returns as host and discusses his title fight victory at UFC 187. Michael Bisping guest hosts, and with host Kenny Florian, breaks down the upcoming UFC FIGHT NIGHT: CONDIT VS. ALVES, then interviews headliner Carlos Condit. Plus, the crew catches up with former heavyweight champion Bas Rutten who was recently named to the UFC Hall of Fame. Karyn Bryant and Ariel Helwani add reports.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: FIGHT THROUGH THE PAIN
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 27 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Dana White, Dan Lambert, Glenn Robinson
- This Week: This week on THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER, American Top Team readies themselves for their next fight, drawing on personal rituals and studying their opponents’ techniques. Meanwhile, the Blackzilians must push the morale of their team to face their upcoming challenges and stay strong through the turbulence of the competition.
FOX SPORTS LIVE PRESENTS TUF TALK, RECAPS LATEST EPISODE, PLUS JACKSON AND CARL INTERVIEWS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 27 (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Michael Bisping
- This Week: Host Karyn Bryant and analyst Michael Bisping discuss the latest episode of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER with American Top Team’s Steve Carl and Jason Jackson of the Blackzilians. Bisping then breaks down this week’s fight.
FOX SPORTS 1 UFC FIGHT NIGHT WEIGH-INS FEATURE ANALYSIS FROM FORMER BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP CRUZ
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, May 29 (3:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz, Yves Edwards and Heidi Androl
- This Week: The FOX SPORTS 1 UFC FIGHT NIGHT WEIGH-INS features host Karyn Bryant with analysts Michael Bisping, Yves Edwards and Dominick Cruz breaking down the fighters on the card as they attempt to make weight. Heidi Androl interviews fighters during the show.
FOX SPORTS 1 UFC FIGHT NIGHT PREFIGHT SHOW: CONDIT VS. ALVES PREVIEW
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz, Yves Edwards and Heidi Androl
- This Week: Host Bryant and analysts Bisping, Edwards and Cruz preview the exciting night of fights, including the welterweight headliner between top-ranked welterweights Carlos Condit and Thiago Alves and the other fights on the main card and prelims.
FOX SPORTS 1 UFC FIGHT NIGHT PRELIMS FEATURE BATTLE OF TOP-RANKED FLYWEIGHTS, PLUS THREE MORE BOUTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik, Brian Stann
- This Week: The two-hour FOX SPORTS 1 UFC FIGHT NIGHT PRELIMS feature four exciting bouts, including a featherweight bout between Rony Jason (15-5) and Damon Jackson (9-1). No. 4 ranked flyweight Jussier Formiga (17-3) faces No. 11 Wilson Reis (19-5), while Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (14-4) faces undefeated Nicolas Dalby (13-0) in a welterweight fight. Lucas Martins (15-2) and undefeated Mirsad Bektic (9-0) get the prelims started with a featherweight bout.
FOX SPORTS 1 UFC FIGHT NIGHT MAIN CARD FEATURES SIX EXCITING BOUTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik, Brian Stann
- This Week: The three-hour FOX SPORTS 1 UFC FIGHT NIGHT main card is headlined by the return of No. 4 ranked welterweight Carlos Condit (29-8) versus No. 12 Thiago Alves (26-9). No. 8-ranked featherweight Charles Oliveira (19-4, 1NC) faces No. 9 Nik Lentz (27-6-2, 1NC), while KJ Noons (12-6, 1NC) squares off against Alex Oliveira (10-2-1, 1NC) in a welterweight brawl. Light heavyweights Francimar Barroso (16-4) and Ryan Jimmo (19-4) collide, and lightweights Francisco Trinaldo (16-4) and Norman Parke (21-3-1) keep the action moving. Wendell Oliveira (24-8) and undefeated Darren Till (12-0) kick off the main card with a welterweight bout.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT POSTFIGHT COVERAGE ON FOX SPORTS LIVE RECAPS EVENING’S FIGHTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30 (1:00 AM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz, Yves Edwards and Heidi Androl
- This Week: Host Bryant and analysts Bisping, Edwards and Cruz break down the evening’s biggest bouts including the headliner between Carlos Condit and Thiago Alves. They also recap the other exciting fights.
UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER: ROUSEY’S ENTOURAGE, FIGHT NIGHT MANILA RECAP, SWICK’S RETURN TO THAILAND
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 31 (12:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Megan Olivi
- This Week: Watch an exclusive behind-the-scenes with UFC champion Ronda Rousey during the filming of Entourage, featuring stars Adrian Grenier, Kevin Connolly, Jerry Ferrara and Kevin Dillon. Then, witness never-before-seen sights and sounds from the UFC’s much-anticipated debut in the Philippines, from exclusive backstage access to all-new angles of the night’s greatest action. Plus, a decade after his memorable performance as a cast member of the original season of The Ultimate Fighter, Mike Swick returns to Thailand to repay a country that helped fuel his UFC career.
STREET LEAGUE KICKS OFF 2015 TOUR WITH SLS NIKE SB PRO OPEN FROM BARCELONA
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Thursday, May 28 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Andrew Cannon, Felix Arguelles, Geoff Rowley and Paul Zitzer
- This Week: The first contest of the SLS season, the SLS Nike SB Pro Open, kicks off with the world’s best street skateboarders competing at the newly built outdoor skate plaza in the skate mecca of Barcelona, Spain. It serves as the international gateway into the League through which the two highest scoring non-SLS Pros advance into the SLS Nike SB World Tour, becoming a career-forging opportunity to make their mark alongside today’s greats of street skateboarding like Paul Rodriguez, Shane O’Neill, and reigning SLS Champ Nyjah Huston. For existing SLS Pros, the contest is a chance to gain vital Championship Points for the season, compete for a piece of the $76,500 purse, and fight to claim the prized Golden Ticket: the express pass straight into the SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship this fall from Chicago. With this winner-takes-all first-place prize open to all finalists — both non-SLS and current League Pros alike — innovation and elevation for the standard of skateboarding is guaranteed. To win, the skateboarders not only have to conquer the challenging obstacles of the custom-built skate plaza, but also continually one-up their competitors with trick difficulty, consistency and style, down to the last trick.
RED BULL AIR RACE MAKES FIRST VISIT TO JAPAN
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 31 (9:00 AM ET)
- Talent: Nick Fellows, Mike Mangold
- This Week: For the first time in the eight-year history of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship, the world’s fastest motorsport competition flies into the heart of Japan. Following the season-opening race in Abu Dhabi won by Britain’s Paul Bonhomme, the most highly skilled pilots on the planet turn their attention to the man-made beach of Makuhari Seaside Park in Chiba, a city with a proud aviation tradition and the location of Japan’s first civilian airfield built in 1912. Bonhomme, who won the overall title in 2009 and 2010, has his work cut out for him against a hard-charging pack of pilots battling for podium spots, including defending champion Nigel Lamb of Britain, Matt Hall of Australia, Pete McLeod of Canada and Hannes Arch of Austria. “Chiba features the straightest course I’ve ever seen, so we can expect some fast lines going through the 11 air gates,” says FOX Sports 1 analyst Mike Mangold. “But it’s the turns on each end that will make the difference in crowning a champion.”
RED BULL CLIFF DIVING SEASON KICKS OFF IN COLUMBIA
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Monday, June 1 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Trace Worthington, David Boudia
- This Week: The Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series kicks off a new season in Colombian waters. Local legend Orlando Duque is one of 14 cliff divers who dive from almost 90 feet in their bid for glory in this first of eight competitions this year. Overall, athletes from seven nations have spent their off-seasons perfecting their techniques, including reigning champion Gary Hunt, Russia’s graceful Artem Silchenko, the sport’s figurehead Orlando Duque, Mexico’s Jonathan Paredes, and the American duo of Steven LoBue and David Colturi. “This is a homecoming for cliff diving’s most famous athlete, Duque, but that won’t matter to defending champion Gary Hunt,” says FOX Sports 1 host Trace Worthington. “What matters is how all the divers manage the incredible 90-foot drop from the roof of the Convention Center into the waters of Cartagena.” Here is a preview of what’s to come on FOX Sports 1 all year long: http://win.gs/1Fb7Mbo
UNCOMPROMISING FEATURES BASKETBALL STAR KYRIE IRVING
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Thursday, May 28 (4:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Kyrie Irving
- This Week: UNCOMPROMISING is a documentary series from FOX SPORTS ORIGINALS in partnership with Budweiser, highlighting the untold stories of athletes who are living their dreams by staying true to themselves. The second episode features basketball prodigy Kyrie Irving, who was born in Australia and lost his mother when he was four. He experienced a devastating foot injury his freshman year in college, and only played 11 games at Duke before being selected with the first draft pick and ultimately becoming the NBA Rookie of the Year. The episode wraps with life in the NBA, LeBron James’ return to Cleveland and what’s next for the young player.
GARBAGE TIME WITH KATIE NOLAN TAKES ON SPORTS’ BIGGEST STORIES SUNDAYS AT 9:30 PM ET
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 31 (9:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Katie Nolan
- This Week: Katie Nolan continues to tackle the hottest topics in sports, interjecting her wit, sarcasm and comedy in the weekly show GARBAGE TIME WITH KATIE NOLAN on FOX Sports 1. In case you missed it, last week Katie let a ping pong lottery determine the course of the show, chatted with Will Leitch and more. This week, Katie is joined by members of the U.S. Women’s National Team before the squad heads to Canada for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015™ in Canada.
FOX SPORTS LIVE – NBA AND NHL FINALS RECAPS NIGHTLY, MLB HIGHLIGHTS, NFL OFFSEASON PRACTICE COVERAGE, COUNTDOWN TO FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP™ ROUNDTABLES BEGIN WEDNESDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Don Bell, Ryan Field, Donny Marshall, Petros Papadakis, Bill Reiter.
- This Week: FOX Sports 1’s flagship nightly highlight, news and opinion show rolls on this week featuring extended highlights and analysis, covering the action across the spectrum of sports. With both the NBA and NHL playoffs reaching their respective finals, FOX SPORTS LIVE has it covered, recapping all of the nightly action off the top of the show. FOX Sports 1 analysts and former NBA veterans Donny Marshall and Brian Scalabrine are in studio each night, breaking down all of the night’s biggest moments from the hardwood. On the NHL front, coverage continues from the Stanley Cup Finals as the league reaches its crescendo. The Major League Baseball schedule is in full swing and highlights come in nightly from around the league. Additionally, NFL teams are in the midst of their offseason workout calendars and storylines are aplenty, with looming contract disputes and training camp position battles already beginning to make headlines. Each night, FOX SPORTS LIVE incorporates reports and sounds from team facilities, keeping fans up to speed on all of the news from around the league. Wednesday night’s show marks the first of a special 10-part, FIFA Women’s World Cup™ 2015 preview countdown series that dives into a different aspect of the international tournament’s biggest storylines in anticipation for the action that kicks off on in less than two weeks on FOX Sports’ family of networks. The first installment airs Wednesday night, taking an in-depth look at the “History of the WWC” and segments continue to be revealed each night leading into the Saturday night, June 6, commencement of tournament play.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – NIGHTLY FINALS GAME PREVIEWS, BLAZERS’ SHARPSHOOTER MATTHEWS IN-STUDIO THURSDAY, PREEMPTED FRIDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Hill, Molly McGrath, Donny Marshall, Kirk Morrison, Ephraim Salaam, Brian Scalabrine, Frank Thomas.
- This Week: Amidst one of the most active pressure points on the sports calendar, APG continues to set the stage for all of the nightly action, leading with extensive preview coverage of both the NBA and NHL finals series, in addition to updates on breaking news and analysis on all of the day’s biggest stories. With games beginning in the early evening, the show goes to site, getting live reports from local correspondents who have covered the championship-contending teams throughout their respective regular seasons. Thursday’s show is highlighted by the in-studio presence of Portland Trail Blazers’ guard Wesley Matthews, who drops by to provide his assessment of the playoffs thus far and his prediction for what will unfold in the NBA Finals. Nightly Major League Baseball reports also come in from ballparks around the country, previewing each night’s biggest stories as the 162-game season surges past its quarter pole. The show is preempted on Friday as FOX Sports 1 provides live coverage of the NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES race from Dover.