FOX SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS – 3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
SOCCER: U.S. Women’s National Team Preps for World Cup
with Match Versus Ireland on FOX Sports 1
NASCAR: Sprint Cup Racing from Kansas on FOX Sports 1
MLB: Royals & Tigers; Braves at Nationals Saturday on FOX Sports 1
#ICYMI: FOX MLB Reporter Jon Paul Morosi Tips Cap to Sports Emmy Winning Colleague Ken Rosenthal: http://foxs.pt/1F5J8iP
#ICYMI2: FOX Sports Live’s Jay and Dan Admire Majesty of Champions League Theme Song http://bit.ly/1FQ2VS1
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE SEMIFINALS KICK OFF WITH FIRST LEG
o Sevilla vs. Fiorentina, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Thursday, May 7 (2:30 PM ET)
o Napoli vs. Dnipro, FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO, Thursday, May 7 (2:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Rob Stone hosts pregame, halftme and postgame coverage alongside Alexi Lalas, Eric Wynalda and Warren Barton. John Strong and Lalas call the first semifinal, while JP Dellacamera and Brian Dunseth calls the second semifinal.
- This Week: The last four teams in one of Europe’s top club competitions battle for a spot in the UEFA Europa League Final.
U.S. WOMEN’S NATIONAL TEAM FACES IRELAND IN WOMEN’S WORLD CUP PREPARATION THIS SUNDAY
o USA vs. Republic of Ireland, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, FOX Deportes, Sunday, May 10 (2:30 PM ET)
- Talent: JP Dellacamera calls the match on-site alongside Tony DiCicco and Cat Whitehill, with Jenny Taft on the sideline. Rob Stone hosts pregame, halftime and postgame coverage with analysts Eric Wynalda, Leslie Osborne and Heather Mitts.
- This Week: The series begins at Avaya Stadium, the new home to the MLS San Jose Earthquakes, as the USWNT takes on the Republic of Ireland on Mother’s Day. Live pre-match coverage begins at 2:30 PM ET with kickoff slated for 3:00 PM ET.
MLS SOCCER SUNDAY CONTINUES WITH FIRST EVER NEW YORK RIVALRY
o New York City FC vs. New York Red Bulls, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, FOX Deportes, Sunday, May 10 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: John Strong calls the match alongside Alexi Lalas and sideline reporter Katie Witham live from Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J.
- This Week: New York City FC and New York Red Bulls face off on the field for the first time ever in an epic clash as both teams try to become the King of New York.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMIFINALS WRAP UP NEXT WEEK ON FOX SPORTS 1
o Bayern Munich vs. Barcelona, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Tuesday, May 12 (2:00 PM ET)
o Real Madrid vs. Juventus, FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 13 (2:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Rob Stonehosts pregame, halftime and postgame coverage alongside analysts Alexi Lalas, Eric Wynalda and Warren Barton.
- This Week: FOX Sports 1 features four of the biggest teams in the world on European club soccer’s biggest stage as Cristiano Ronaldo’s Real Madrid meets legendary Italian side Juventus, and Lionel Messi and Barcelona battle German powerhouse Bayern Munich to reach the UEFA Champions League Final.
AL CENTRAL & NL EAST ACTION CONTINUES ON FOX SPORTS 1 THIS SATURDAY
Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 9
- Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers: Joe Davis & Eric Karros (1:00 PM ET)
- Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals: Justin Kutcher, CJ Nitkowski & Ken Rosenthal (4:00 PM ET)
- This Week: The MLB on FOX Sports 1 pregame show (12:30 PM ET) precedes Royals at Tigers with host Kevin Burkhardt and analysts Dontrelle Willis & JP Morosi. In this week’s program, FOX Sports 1 delivers an all-access feature on Royals relief pitcher Ryan Madson. Additionally, Willis gives viewers his Top 5 teams in the majors and reveals the secret to pitching to Miguel Cabrera. Cabrera and Willis were traded together from the Marlins to the Tigers back in 2007.
- Network/When/On-air Talent: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, weekdays
- Thursday, May 7 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Kevin Burkhardt, Mark Sweeney & Jon Paul Morosi
- Friday, May 8 (12:00 AM ET) Talent: Kevin Burkhardt, Mark Sweeney & Jon Paul Morosi
- Monday, May 11 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Chris Myers & CJ Nitkowski
- Tuesday, May 12 (12:00 AM ET) Talent: Chris Myers & CJ Nitkowski
- Wednesday, May 13 (12:00 AM ET) Talent: Kevin Burkhardt & CJ Nitkowski
- Show Description: MLB WHIPAROUND is FOX Sports 1’s nightly in-progress highlights and analysis studio show. The 60-minute program features live look-ins at games from across the country, courtesy of FOX Sports’ Regional Sports Networks, in addition to recaps and analysis from some of the game’s most respected journalists and former players.
FOX SPORTS’ USGA COVERAGE TEES OFF THIS WEEK WITH INAUGURAL U.S. AMATEUR FOUR-BALL
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 6 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Joe Buck, Greg Norman, Brad Faxon, David Fay, Juli Inkster, Buddy Marucci, Corey Pavin, and Holly Sonders
- This Week: FOX Sports presents its first USGA championship with semifinal and championship match coverage from the inaugural U.S. Amateur Four-Ball at the Olympic Club in San Francisco, Calif. The 10th USGA championship held at the course, the match-play format highlights battles between two-man teams. The week began with 128 sides and it’s down to the final four with the action culminating tonight.
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES LIVE ON FOX SPORTS 1 THIS WEEKEND FROM KANSAS; NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RETURNS TO ACTION FRIDAY NIGHT
Riding the momentum of Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s first win of the season last Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway, FOX Sports 1 telecasts Saturday’s NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES race live from Kansas Speedway (7:30 PM ET with pre-race coverage beginning on NASCAR RACEDAY at 7:00 PM ET), the second of six Cup Series races on the network in 2015. FOX Sports 1 offers 17 hours of live coverage from Kansas Friday and Saturday, including the return of the NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES to action on Friday, May 8 after a five-week break.
On Tuesday evening, FOX NASCAR received an Emmy for Outstanding Live Sports Series as the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences presented its 36th Annual Sports Emmy Awards in New York. The Emmy Award marked FOX NASCAR’s 18th in 14 years of coverage (2001-’14) in a category that also featured nominations for ESPN College Football, ESPN Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Football.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. took the checkered flag last week at Talladega for his first victory of the 2015 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES season. Earnhardt Jr., Kurt Busch, Denny Hamlin, defending champion Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano likely have locked up spots in the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup via wins in the season’s 10 opening races.
While the NASCAR XFINITY SERIES enjoys a weekend off, the NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES returns to action at Kansas on Friday, May 8 on FOX Sports 1 (8:30 PM ET) for its fourth of 23 races this year and first since March 28. Headed into Kansas, defending champion Matt Crafton leads a tight points battle over Tyler Reddick (-2), followed by Erik Jones (-6), Johnny Sauter (-16) and James Buescher (-28).
In 2015, FOX broadcasts 10 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES races and FOX Sports 1 telecasts six, in addition to the NASCAR SPRINT ALL-STAR RACE. Also airing on FOX Sports 1 this season are NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES races from Martinsville (March 29), Dover (May 31 at 1:00 PM ET), Pocono (June 7 at 1:00 PM ET), Michigan (June 14 at 1:00 PM ET) and Sonoma (June 28 at 3:00 PM ET), in addition to the NASCAR SPRINT ALL-STAR RACE from Charlotte Motor Speedway (May 16 at 9:00 PM ET).
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACING
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 9 (7:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Mike Joy; analysts Darrell Waltrip and Larry McReynolds; reporters Jamie Little, Chris Neville and Matt Yocum
DARRELL WALTRIP SAYS BIGGEST CHANGE IN DALE EARNHARDT JR. IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS HAS TO DO WITH COMPARISONS TO HIS FATHER:
“From what I’ve observed, Dale Jr. finally quit listening to people comparing him to his father. He was always judged against his father and could never live up to those expectations, and that really weighed on him. Dale Jr. finally let go of that, said ‘This is who I am and this is what I’ve accomplished. I am not my father.’ Dale Jr. has won two Daytona 500s, multiple races, is a 12-time most popular driver and has had an amazing career. That’s a lot to be proud of, and he finally has accepted and recognized that.”
LARRY MCREYNOLDS SAYS EARNHARDT JR.’S CREW CHIEF, GREG IVES, IS ONE OF MOST POPULAR MEN IN ALABAMA THIS WEEK:
“If you’re going to win your first race with Dale Jr., Talladega is the place to do it. Greg Ives could run for governor in Alabama right now and probably win. I’m not sure anyone has stepped onto a Sprint Cup pit box carrying the type of resume Ives does with his background. He was the lead engineer for five of Jimmie Johnson’s six championships, and then he took Chase Elliott as a rookie driver last year and won three races and the XFINITY Series championship.”
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 9 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Chris Myers; analysts Darrell Waltrip and Michael Waltrip; reporters Jamie Little, Chris Neville and Matt Yocum
NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACING
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, May 8 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Adam Alexander; analysts Phil Parsons and Michael Waltrip; reporters Hermie Sadler and Vince Welch
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, May 8 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host John Roberts; analyst Todd Bodine; reporters Hermie Sadler and Vince Welch
- This Week: A flashback to Kyle Busch’s win at Kansas last year; a look back at Joey Logano’s win at the series’ last race at Martinsville; a Johnny Sauter feature; a review of the post-race skirmish between the Nos. 00, 88 and 29 at Martinsville; a lighthearted word association game with drivers; and an update on non-NASCAR races run by Truck Series drivers during their off weeks.
NASCAR RACE HUB & NASCAR RACE HUB WEEKEND EDITION
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, May 6-Thursday, May 7 (6:00 PM ET), Friday, May 8 (1:30-2:30, 3:30-4:30 & 6:00-6:30 PM ET), Monday, May 11-Thursday, May 14 (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Co-hosts Adam Alexander, John Roberts and Danielle Trotta; analysts Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond and Wally Dallenbach; reporters Alan Cavanna, Andrew Doud and Kaitlyn Vincie
This Week: On Wednesday, May 6, Kaitlyn Vincie takes viewers inside the NASCAR Fan and Media Engagement Center; on Thursday, May 7, “Crunching the Numbers” feature on Kansas.
- Next Week: Driver/guest analyst David Ragan on Monday, May 11; crew chief/guest analyst Drew Blickensderfer on Tuesday, May 12.
FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIP
FULLY ELECTRIC FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIP DEBUTS AT HISTORIC MONACO
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 9 (10:00 PM ET, LIVE)
- Talent: Bob Varsha, Dario Franchitti, Jack Nicholls, Nicki Shields, Robert Llewellyn
- This Week: Adding to an already exciting inaugural season, the FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIP is in picturesque Monte Carlo this weekend for the Monaco ePrix on the historic 1.76-kilometer, 12-turn street course, a slightly modified version of the famed GP circuit. Without question, Round 7 on the racing calendar has long been circled by all of the weekend’s participants. Said Varsha: “You can bet that this Saturday’s race has been circled in red on every Formula E driver’s calendar from the beginning, for several reasons. Firstly, anything connected with Monaco represents glamor and excitement, so success there has a bigger impact than it would elsewhere. This is especially true for motor racing, an annual presence on the narrow streets of the principality, in fact the very same streets, for nearly 90 years. The event also represents the first European round in this inaugural season of the FIA’s all-electric championship. And it’s worth noting that Monaco is home to a substantial number of international racing drivers, including three who are entered in the ePrix: championship leader Lucas di Grassi, world endurance champion Sebastien Buemi and F1 veteran Bruno Senna. Win the race and you can go brag afterward to a uniquely qualified crowd down at the bistro!” Heading into this weekend’s race, Lucas di Grassi (Audi Sports ABT) sits atop the point standings with 75, followed by Nelson Piquet (74, NEXTEV TCR) and Nicolas Prost (69, e.dams-Renault). For more information on the FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIP, please visit http://www.fiaformulae.com/ and follow @FIAFORMULAE and @FOXSports on Twitter.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: AMERICAN TOP TEAM VS. BLACKZILIANS TILTING THE SCALES
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 6 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Dana White, Dan Lambert, Glenn Robinson
- This Week: Tensions build as American Top Team battles personal demons and struggles to keep their team spirit intact. Meanwhile, the stress of the competition takes a toll on one of the Blackzilians, which forces them to have to make some tough decisions. Later, when an ATT fighter needs help from the Blackzilians and is denied, both teams are poised for a full-blown war. Click the link for a preview of this week’s episode: http://foxs.pt/1Eb635j
FOX SPORTS LIVE PRESENTS RECAP OF THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 6 (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Dominick Cruz
- This Week: Host Karyn Bryant and analyst Dominick Cruz discuss the latest episode of the new season of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER and interview American Top Team member Steve Carl and Blackzilian Tyrone Spong.
FIGHT STORIES FEATURES URIJAH FABER IN COMEDIC ANIMATED SERIES
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Tuesday, May 12 (10:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Urijah Faber
- This Week: FIGHT STORIES is a comedic animated series where UFC fighter Urijah Faber interviews celebrities about their most memorable, heroic and entertaining fights. This episode features stories from comedian Josh Wolf, actor Skylar Astin and Mario Lopez.
UNDEFEATED MANUEL AVILA FACES ERIK RUIZ IN 10-ROUND SUPER BANTAMWEIGHT MAIN EVENT AT LA FIGHT CLUB
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Thursday, May 7 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Beto Duran, Doug Fischer, Mario Lopez and Jessica Rosales
- This Week: Undefeated Manuel “Tino” Avlia (16-0, 7 KOs) takes on Mexican-American fighter Erik Ruiz (13-2, 6 KOs) in a 10-round super bantamweight bout in the main event at the highly anticipated third installment of Golden Boy Promotions monthly hit series LA FIGHT CLUB. Set to make his LA FIGHT CLUB debut, promising undefeated fighter Diego De La Hoya (9-0, 6 KOs) of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico takes on fellow Mexican Ramiro “Zurdo” Robles (12-2-1, 6 KOs) of Guanajuato, in what is sure to be a high intensity eight-round featherweight co-main event. Colombian native and current Angeleno Oscar “El Jagura” Negrete (8-0, 3 KOs) defends his current undefeated status against seasoned fighter Luis “Titi” Maldonado Jr. (38-13-1, 29 KOs) from Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico in a six-round super bantamweight match up.
SOFTBALL: BIG EAST CHAMPION CROWNED ON FOX SPORTS 2
- Friday, May 8:
- BIG EAST Softball Championship Semifinal 1:
- Friday, May 8:
No. 2 DePaul vs. No. 3 Seton Hall
- FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO (2:00 PM ET)
- Eric Collins and Brooke Weisbrod
- BIG EAST Softball Championship Semifinal 2
No. 1 St. John’s vs. No. 4 Villanova
- FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO (4:30 PM ET)
- Eric Collins and Brooke Weisbrod
- Saturday, May 9:
- BIG EAST Softball Championship Final
- FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO (2:00 PM ET)
- Eric Collins and Brooke Weisbrod
- This Week: The BIG EAST Softball Championship Presented by New York Life returns to The Ballpark at Rosemont outside of Chicago, with the top four teams in the conference’s regular standings vying for the trophy and an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. FOX Sports 2 has all three games, as play opens in the afternoon on Friday, May 8, with second-seeded DePaul facing No. 3 Seton Hall, followed by top-seeded St. John’s against Villanova. On Saturday, May 9, the BIG EAST crowns its champion as Friday’s winners face off at 2:00 PM ET.
BASEBALL: KANSAS MEETS TCU IN BIG 12 SHOWDOWN
- Sunday, May 10:
- Kansas at No. 3 TCU
- FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO (2:00 PM ET)
- Dave Barnett and Pat Combs
- Sunday, May 10:
- This Week: TCU sits atop the Big 12 standings at 13-5, looking to lock up the top seed in the Big 12 Tournament, while Kansas sits toward of the middle of the pack, hoping to make up ground before the conference season comes to a close. FOX Sports 2 presents the series finale between the two teams on Sunday, May 10 at 2:00 PM ET.
GARBAGE TIME WITH KATIE NOLAN TAKES ON SPORTS’ BIGGEST STORIES SUNDAYS AT 9:30 PM ET
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 10 (9:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Katie Nolan
- This Week: Katie Nolan continues to tackle the hottest topics in sports, interjecting her wit, sarcasm and comedy in the weekly show GARBAGE TIME WITH KATIE NOLAN on FOX Sports 1. In case you missed it, last week Nolan sat down with actor Stephen Amell and NBC Sports’ Kay Adams, played an exciting game of Derby Horse or Hipster Band and more. This week, three-time Olympic gold medal beach volleyball sensation Kerri Walsh Jennings stops by the studio.
FOX SPORTS LIVE – NBA AND NHL PLAYOFF RECAPS NIGHTLY, MLB, HIGHLIGHTS, 1-ON-1 WITH MICHIGAN’S HARBAUGH SATURDAY, TRUCKS AND SPRINT CUP POST-RACE SHOWS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Don Bell, Ryan Field, Jim Jackson, Petros Papadakis, Bill Reiter, Peter Schrager.
- This Week: FOX Sports 1’s flagship nightly highlight, news and opinion show rolls on this week featuring extended highlights and analysis, covering the action from across the spectrum of sports. With both the NBA and NHL playoffs squarely in focus, FOX SPORTS LIVE has it covered, recapping all of the nightly action off the top of the show. FOX Sports 1 analyst and former 14-year NBA veteran Jim Jackson is in studio, breaking down all of the night’s biggest moments from the hardwood. On the NHL front, coverage continues with highlights and postgame reactions live from site at the conclusion of games. The Major League Baseball schedule is in full swing and new FOX Sports 1 MLB analyst Dontrelle Willis is in studio every night, providing insights and analysis following highlights from around the league. FOX Sports 1 college football insider Bruce Feldman recently concluded his spring practice tours with a trip through Ann Arbor, Mich., to see new head coach Jim Harbaugh and his Michigan Wolverines. On Saturday night’s show, Feldman sits down with the always intense Harbaugh to discuss his decision to leave the NFL and take over at his alma mater, his expectations for his first season in the fall and what it will take to restore the prestige of the Michigan program. Friday and Saturday shows this week effectively serve as post-race editions, with live integrations following both NCWTS and Sprint Cup action from Kansas on those respective nights.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – NIGHTLY PLAYOFF GAME PREVIEWS, SCHRAGER HOSTS WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Hill, Molly McGrath, Jill Arrington, Jim Jackson, Ken Rosenthal, Ephraim Salaam, Brian Scalabrine, Peter Schrager
- This Week: APG airs at 5:00 PM ET Monday through Thursday this week, setting the stage for all of the nightly action, including extensive preview coverage of the NBA and NHL playoffs. With games beginning in the early evening, APG goes to site, getting live reports from local correspondents who have covered the playoff teams throughout their regular seasons and provide insights and analysis in advance of the postseason games. Additionally, FOX Sports 1 NBA analysts Jim Jackson and Brian Scalabrine are in studio this week, breaking down the playoff matchups. Also special to Wednesday and Thursday shows is special guest host Peter Schrager, filling in for Hill. Schrager, FOXSports.com’s senior NFL writer who makes regular contributions to the show, makes his debut as host Wednesday evening. Due to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying session at Kansas on Friday afternoon on FOX Sports 1, the show is preempted and off the air, returning Monday evening at 5:00 PM ET.