NASCAR: 25 HOURS OF COVERAGE ON RACING’S BIGGEST WEEKEND
COLLEGE BASEBALL: BIG EAST & BIG 12 CHAMPIONS CROWNED ON FOX SPORTS 1
GOLF: PATRIOT GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP HONORS VETERANS ON MEMORIAL DAY
#ICYMI: Katie Nolan sits down with Odell Beckham Jr. to assess the “Madden Rating” of his day-to-day skills
FOX SPORTS LIVE FROM CHARLOTTE FOR 25 HOURS ON RACING’S BIGGEST WEEKEND
FOX Sports packs the biggest racing weekend of the year with more than 25 hours of live NASCAR coverage from Charlotte Motor Speedway beginning Thursday, May 21, and continuing through Memorial Day Weekend. Racing begins with Saturday’s NASCAR XFINITY SERIES race (2:30 PM ET) and culminates with the 56th running of NASCAR’s longest race, the COCA-COLA 600, live on FOX on Sunday, May 24 (6:00 PM ET), with pre-race coverage beginning at 5:30 PM ET with FOX NASCAR SUNDAY.
A special FOX NASCAR SUNDAY is dedicated to military service members who have fallen in the line of duty in the past year. FOX Sports, as it has for several years, recognizes these service members on a graphic scroll displaying their names and service branch.
Jamie Little, who in February became the first female to cover both the DAYTONA 500 and the INDIANAPOLIS 500 for live network TV, is doing “the double” between the Indy 500 and the COCA-COLA 600 this weekend. Little is traveling with Jeff Gordon to document his day driving the Indy 500 pace car before flying back to Charlotte that afternoon to compete in his final COCA-COLA 600. The feature airs in Sunday’s FOX pre-race show, after which a longer version airs Monday, May 25 on NASCAR RACE HUB (6:00 PM ET on FOX Sports 1). Little has served as a pit reporter for the Indy 500 numerous times.
Saturday’s NASCAR XFINITY SERIES race is the third of four XFINITY Series races broadcast on FOX in 2015. Adam Alexander calls Saturday’s race alongside Michael Waltrip and driver analyst Clint Bowyer. Bowyer is one of five NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES drivers announced as part of a rotation in the FOX and FOX Sports 1 booth for FOX Sports’ coverage of the 2015 NASCAR XFINITY SERIES season. Also scheduled as guest analysts are defending NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES champion Kevin Harvick, four-time champion Jeff Gordon, 2012 champ Brad Keselowski and Danica Patrick.
Jimmie Johnson took the checkered flag two weeks ago at Kansas in the last point-paying event for the Cup Series. Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kurt Busch, Denny Hamlin, defending champion Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano have locked up spots in the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup via wins in the season’s 11 opening races.
In the NASCAR XFINITY SERIES, Chris Buescher leads Ty Dillon leads (-8), followed by defending champion Chase Elliott (-31), Darrell Wallace Jr. (-37) and Brian Scott (-42) after 10 races. On-track action from Charlotte begins Thursday, May 21 at 2:30 PM ET on FOX Sports 1 with NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES practice.
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACING
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 24 (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Mike Joy; analysts Darrell Waltrip and Larry McReynolds; reporters Jamie Little, Chris Neville, Vince Welch and Matt Yocum
FOX NASCAR SUNDAY PRE-RACE SHOW
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 24 (5:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Chris Myers; analysts Darrell Waltrip and Michael Waltrip; reporters Jamie Little, Chris Neville, Vince Welch and Matt Yocum
- This Week: A special FOX NASCAR SUNDAY is dedicated to military service members who have fallen in the line of duty in the past year. FOX Sports recognizes these service members on a graphic scroll displaying their names and service branch. In addition, Jamie Little travels with Jeff Gordon to Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday to document his day as he drives the Indianapolis 500 pace car before flying back to Charlotte to compete in the COCA-COLA 600. A feature on his day airs on FOX NASCAR SUNDAY.
LARRY MCREYNOLDS ON WHAT DRIVER COULD BEAT JIMMIE JOHNSON OR KEVIN HARVICK ON A MILE-AND-A-HALF TRACK:
“Kurt Busch, Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski or Martin Truex Jr. are the best bets to dethrone Johnson and Harvick at a mile-and-a-half track at this time. If I had to choose just one, I’d go with Logano. But the one thing his team is having a tough time with right now is keeping up with the track as it changes throughout the race. They’re fast at the beginning of the race and can lead a bunch of laps, but need to be more aggressive with their adjustments as the track changes during the course of the race.”
DARRELL WALTRIP ON WHETHER JIMMIE JOHNSON CAN MATCH DALE EARNHARDT BOTH IN NUMBER OF WINS (76) AND CHAMPIONSHIPS (SEVEN) THIS SEASON:
“Johnson will match Dale Earnhardt’s 76 wins this year. His car is good enough, and the new aerodynamics and horsepower package seems to suit him well. Whether he gets that seventh championship this year, though, is too hard to say this early in the season. If his car runs like it has been running, Johnson stands a good chance. He’s in great shape and winning a lot, and that’s what it will take to close the deal.”
JEFF HAMMOND ON THE MOMENTUM DENNY HAMLIN AND THE NO. 11 TEAM CARRY INTO THE COCA-COLA 600 WITH THEIR ALL-STAR WIN:
“It’s huge. You come in knowing you are capable of coming up with the right setup at this track. You’re confident you understand what went on Saturday night and how it will translate to Sunday night. You’ll put that type of setup in your car for the 600. You brought a great race car to the All-Star Race but should be bringing a better car for the 600 because it’s a long race and you need a car that will take a lot of adjustments and be well-balanced.”
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 24 (4:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Danielle Trotta; analysts Larry McReynolds and Kenny Wallace; reporters Alan Cavanna and Kaitlyn Vincie
- This Week: A feature with Kenny Wallace and Kasey Kahne at Fort Bragg; an interview with Denny Hamlin; a piece on the relationship Barney Visser, a Vietnam War vet and owner of the No. 78 Chevrolet team, has with the family of a fallen Vietnam War soldier with whom he first became acquainted at their induction ceremony in Denver, who are his guests at Charlotte on Sunday; and the “24 Salute” reflects on Jeff Gordon’s first win and early racing days.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACING
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 23 (2:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Adam Alexander; analysts Phil Parsons and Michael Waltrip; reporters Vince Welch, Jamie Little and Matt Yocum
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 23 (2:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Danielle Trotta; analyst Larry McReynolds; reporters Vince Welch, Jamie Little and Matt Yocum
NASCAR RACE HUB & NASCAR RACE HUB WEEKEND EDITION
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, May 20 (6:00 PM ET), Thursday, May 21 (5:00 PM ET); Friday, May 22 (6:00 PM ET), Monday, May 25-Thursday, May 28 (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Co-hosts Adam Alexander, John Roberts and Danielle Trotta; analysts Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond and Wally Dallenbach; reporters Alan Cavanna, Andrew Doud and Kaitlyn Vincie
- This Week: On Wednesday, May 20, live coverage of the announcement revealing the five new members of the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Ryan Blaney in-studio and Kaitlyn Vincie is with the Chip Ganassi Racing drivers at the “Little 600,” an annual go-kart race preceding the COCA-COLA 600; On Thursday, May 21, the debut of a new video from Darrell Wallace Jr. featuring Danielle Trotta and Larry McReynolds, and Andrew Doud goes for a ride-along with David Ragan at Charlotte Motor Speedway; on Friday, May 22, a feature about the 1975 World 600, which marked the first career start for Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Richard Petty’s first 600 win; an interview with Chase Elliott as he prepares for his first Coca-Cola 600, a feature on the No. 20 Toyota rear-tire changer, who is a former Marine, and a profile on a fan who has attended the Charlotte race for 30 years, setting up his motorhome with a white picket fence, fake lawn and mailbox each year.
- Next Week: Driver/guest analyst AJ Allmendinger on Monday, May 25; driver/guest analyst Joey Logano on Tuesday, May 26
REGIONALIZED PRIMETIME MLB COVERAGE SATURDAY ON FOX SPORTS & NATIONAL GAME OF THE WEEK AIRS ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 30
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Milwaukee Brewers: Brian Anderson & Bob Brenly (4:00 PM ET)
- Network/When: FOX Sports, Saturday, May 30
- Los Angeles Dodgers at St. Louis Cardinals: Joe Buck, Tom Verducci, Harold Reynolds & Ken Rosenthal (7:00 PM ET)
- Boston Red Sox at Texas Rangers: Kenny Albert, Eric Karros & Jon Paul Morosi (7:00 PM ET)
- Kansas City Royals at Chicago Cubs: Len Kasper & CJ Nitkowski
- This Week: The MLB on FOX Sports 1 pregame show is preempted this week
- Network/When/On-air Talent: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, weekdays
- Thursday, May 21 (12:00 AM ET) Talent: Kevin Burkhardt, Frank Thomas & Mark Sweeney
- Friday, May 22 (8:00 PM ET) Talent: Ryan Field, Frank Thomas & Mark Sweeney
- Monday, May 25 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Greg Wolf, CJ Nitkowski & Jon Paul Morosi
- Tuesday, May 26 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Chris Myers, CJ Nitkowski & Jon Paul Morosi
- Wednesday, May 27 (7:00 PM ET) Talent: Chris Myers, CJ Nitkowski & Jon Paul Morosi
- Show Description: MLB WHIPAROUND is FOX Sports 1’s nightly in-progress highlights and analysis studio show. The 60-minute program features live look-ins at games from across the country, courtesy of FOX Sports’ Regional Sports Networks, in addition to recaps and analysis from some of the games most respected journalists and former players.
BASEBALL: BIG EAST AND BIG 12 CHAMPIONS CROWNED SUNDAY ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX SPORTS 2
- Sunday, May 24:
- Big 12 Championship Final
- FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO (1:00 PM ET)
- Dave Barnett and Pat Combs
- BIG EAST Championship Final Game 1
- FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO (2:00 PM ET)
- Rich Ackerman and Jason Isringhausen
- BIG EAST Championship Final Game 2 (if necessary)
- FOX Sports 2 & FOX Sports GO (5:30 PM ET)
- Rich Ackerman and Jason Isringhausen
- Sunday, May 24:
- This Week: The BIG EAST and Big 12 conferences crown their baseball champions this weekend on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. On Sunday, May 24, at 1:00 PM ET, the last two teams standing in the Big 12 Championship take the diamond at Oneok Field in Tulsa, Okla., with an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament on the line. Then, at 2:00 PM ET on FOX Sports 2, the BIG EAST’s two remaining squads hit the field at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Neb., looking to punch their tickets into the national bracket. In the tournament’s double-elimination format, a possible second championship game could be played later that evening, also on FOX Sports 2.
GARBAGE TIME WITH KATIE NOLAN TAKES ON SPORTS’ BIGGEST STORIES SUNDAYS AT 9:30 PM ET
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 24 (9:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Katie Nolan
- This Week: Katie Nolan continues to tackle the hottest topics in sports, interjecting her wit, sarcasm and comedy in the weekly show GARBAGE TIME WITH KATIE NOLAN on FOX Sports 1. This week, Katie breaks down today’s mind-numbing stadium experience, checks in on our Google sports searches, and talks with comedian Nick Swardson about his beloved Vikings.
FOX SPORTS LIVE – NBA AND NHL PLAYOFF RECAPS NIGHTLY, MLB HIGHLIGHTS, NFL OWNERS MEETING COVERAGE, UFC 187 PREVIEWS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Don Bell, Ryan Field, Donny Marshall, Petros Papadakis, Bill Reiter.
- This Week: FOX Sports 1’s flagship nightly highlight, news and opinion show rolls on this week featuring extended highlights and analysis, covering the action from across the spectrum of sports. With both the NBA and NHL playoffs reaching their conference final stages, FOX SPORTS LIVE has it covered, recapping all of the nightly action off the top of the show. FOX Sports 1 analyst and former NBA veteran Donny Marshall is in studio, breaking down all of the night’s biggest moments from the hardwood. On the NHL front, coverage continues with highlights and postgame reactions live from site at the conclusion of games. The Major League Baseball schedule is in full swing and highlights come in nightly from around the league. The spring NFL Owners Meetings are underway in San Francisco this week and through three days there have yet to be any shortage of headlines. FOX Sports 1 NFL reporters Mike Garafolo and Peter Schrager are on hand covering all of the daily storylines, providing insights and updates throughout the remainder of the week. In preparation for Saturday night’s UFC 187 championship pay-per-view event in Las Vegas, FOX SPORTS LIVE ramps up coverage, featuring an interview with UFC president Dana White on Thursday night, hits from the event weigh-in on Friday and extensive postfight integration live from site on Saturday evening.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – NIGHTLY PLAYOFF GAME PREVIEWS, PREEMPTED THURSDAY, LIVE FRIDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Hill, Molly McGrath, Corey Maggette, Donny Marshall, Kirk Morrison, Ephraim Salaam, Brian Scalabrine, Jenny Taft, Frank Thomas.
- This Week: APG is off-air Thursday of this week during the NASCAR XFinity Series final practice from Charlotte. The show returns Friday in its normal 5:00 PM ET window, Amidst one of the most active pressure points on the sports calendar, APG continues to set the stage for all of the nightly action, including extensive preview coverage of the NBA and NHL playoffs. With games beginning in the early evening, the show goes to site, getting live reports from local correspondents who have covered the playoff teams throughout their regular seasons and provide insights and analysis in advance of each night’s biggest postseason games.
MLS SOCCER SUNDAY CONTINUES WITH DOUBLEHEADER ON FOX SPORTS 1
- New York Red Bulls vs. Philadelphia Union, FOX Sports 1/FOX Sports GO, FOX Deportes, Sunday, May 24 (5:00 PM ET)
- San Jose Earthquakes vs. Orlando City SC, FOX Sports 1/FOX Sports GO, FOX Deportes, Sunday, May 24 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: JP Dellacamera calls the first match alongside Brad Friedel and Grant Wahl reporting from the sideilne. John Strong calls the second match with Alexi Lalas and sideline reporter Julie Stewart-Binks.
FOX SPORTS TEAMS WITH FOLDS OF HONOR TO PRESENT THE PATRIOT GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Monday, May 25 (3:00PM ET)
- This Week: Folds of Honor, a non-profit organization that provides educational scholarships to families of military men and women who have fallen or been disabled in combat while serving in the United States armed forces, has teamed with FOX Sports to present the inaugural Patriot Golf Championship. Golfers around the nation submit their 18-hole score to compete against a professional golfer of their choice, with the pro’s scores being revealed on-air on FOX Sports 1 on Memorial Day. Tune in to see who can top the pros while raising money for a deserving cause.
UFC 187 HEADLINING TITLE FIGHT COMES DOWN TO CORMIER’S WRESTLING VS. JOHNSON’S STRIKING, SAYS FOX UFC ANALYST CRUZ
This weekend’s UFC 187: JOHNSON VS. CORMIER features two thrilling championship fights including Anthony Johnson facing Daniel Cormier for the vacant UFC light heavyweight title and middleweight champion Chris Weidman defending his belt against Vitor Belfort. In the headliner, FOX UFC analyst Dominick Cruz believes it’s a battle of styles. “At the end of the day, it’s DC’s wrestling versus Johnson’s striking. To be successful, Cormier has to go out there and put the pressure on Johnson and take the fight to him.” FOX Sports 1 airs the UFC 187 PREFIGHT SHOW (7:00 PM ET), UFC 187 PRELIMS (8:00 PM ET) and UFC 187 POSTFIGHT SHOW on Saturday, May 23. Watch the FOX SPORTS 1 UFC 187: JOHNSON VS. CORMIER preview: http://www.foxsports.com/video/UFC?vid=446619715645
UFC TONIGHT: UFC 187 PREVIEW, CORMIER AND WEIDMAN INTERVIEWS, CRUZ AND BISPING GUEST HOST
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 20 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz
- This Week: With two title fights at UFC 187 this Saturday, Karyn Bryant and guest hosts Michael Bisping and Dominick Cruz break down the fights, then interview light heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier and middleweight champion Chris Weidman.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: BATTLE WOUNDS
Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 20 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Dana White, Dan Lambert, Glenn Robinson
- This Week: This week on THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER, one of the fighters struggles to cope with the devastation of his loss, putting the future of his team at risk. Tensions in the house continue to rise when two fighters who previously fought in the Octagon rip open old wounds. Both teams face a crossroads as they enter the 50-point fight bracket and the pressure of the competition is taken to the next level. Click the link to see a preview: http://bit.ly/1BcrIdm
FOX SPORTS LIVE PRESENTS TUF TALK, RECAPS LATEST EPISODE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, May 20 (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Karyn Bryant, Dominick Cruz
- This Week: Host Karyn Bryant and analyst Dominick Cruz discuss the latest episode of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER with American Top Team’s Hayder Hassan and Jason Jackson from the Blackzilians. Cruz then breaks down this week’s fight.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT WEIGH-INS FEATURE ANALYSIS FROM FORMER BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP CRUZ
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, May 22 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz and Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The FOX SPORTS 1 UFC 187 WEIGH-INS features host Jay Glazer with analysts Michael Bisping and Dominick Cruz breaking down the fighters on the card as they attempt to make weight. Ariel Helwani interviews fighters during the show.
FOX SPORTS 1 UFC 187 PREFIGHT SHOW: TWO TITLE FIGHTS PREVIEWED
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 23 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz and Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Host Glazer and analysts Bisping and Cruz preview the exciting night of fights, including the light heavyweight title fight between Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier and the middleweight bout between champion Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort. Glazer, Bisping and Cruz also analyze the other matchups on the main card and prelims.
FOX SPORTS 1 UFC 187 PRELIMS FEATURE FOUR EXCITING BOUTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 23 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Joe Rogan, Mike Goldberg
- This Week: The two-hour FOX SPORTS 1 UFC 187 PRELIMS feature four exciting bouts, including a key flyweight matchup between No. 1 ranked John Dodson (17-6) and No. 9 Zach Makovsky (19-5). No. 8 ranked welterweight Dong Hyun Kim (19-3-1, 1NC) faces Josh Burkman (28-11), while middleweights Uriah Hall (11-4) and Rafael Natal (19-6-1) face off. No. 4 ranked strawweight Rose Namajunas (3-2) and Nina Ansaroff (6-4) get the prelims started.
UFC 187 POSTFIGHT SHOW ON FOX SPORTS 1 RECAPS TITLE FIGHTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, May 23 (1:30 AM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz and Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Host Glazer and analysts Bisping and Cruz break down the evening’s biggest bouts including the headliner between Anthony Johnson and Daniel Cormier. They also interview the winner of the middleweight title fight between Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort.
UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER: DOS ANJOS ON THE BRINK, ALVES INTERVIEW AND TORRES FULL BLAST
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Sunday, May 24 (12:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik
- This Week: Watch Rafael Dos Anjos’ never-before-told account of one of the biggest upsets in UFC title fight history. From extraordinary fight week access, to never-before-seen angles of the Brazilian’s brilliant five rounds that shocked Anthony “Showtime” Pettis. Then, resurgent welterweight Thiago Alves sits down with Jon Anik in Florida to discuss his recent impressive performances and his ongoing hunt for UFC gold. Plus, women’s strawweight contender Tecia Torres gives her exclusive Octagonside commentary as two of her biggest rivals, Carla Esparza and Joanna Jedrzejczyk, battle for the Strawweight belt.
10-ROUND LIGHTWEIGHT BATTLE BETWEEN GESTA VS. MOLINA HEADLINE GOLDEN BOY’S FOX FIGHT NIGHT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Friday, May 22 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Beto Duran, Doug Fischer and Jessica Rosales
- This Week: Philadelphia’s Eric “The Outlaw” Hunter (19-3, 9 KOs) kicks off Memorial Day Weekend when he faces seasoned contender Antonio Escalante (29-7, 20 KOs) of El Paso, Texas in a 10-round super welterweight bout as the main event for Golden Boy Live. Then, Southern California native and unbeaten featherweight Abraham “Chamaco” Lopez (17-0-1, 12 KOs) is featured in a 10-round co-main televised event. Added to the action, in the televised opening bout, Chinese heavyweight sensation Taishan (4-0, 2 KOs), faces Lance Gauche in a four-round heavyweight opening televised bout.
RUDY & NEAL GO FISHING FEATURES STORY OF HEALING THROUGH SPORT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Monday, May 25 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Neal Stark, Rudy Watt
- This Week: RUDY & NEAL GO FISHING is a story about fishing as therapy – a nontraditional approach to help veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The show features Neal Stark, a hairdresser working in South Florida, who is also a tournament angler. In his spare time, he runs a non-profit foundation called Fishing with America’s Finest and takes veterans suffering from PTSD to fish as a form of recreational therapy. Watch the unlikely pairing of Neal and Army veteran Rudy Watt, who head out together for the first time. While on the trip, Rudy begins to heal and open up to Neal. Watch a preview here: https://vimeo.com/91612525