MLB: Postseason Debuts on FOX Sports 1 With NLDS Presented By Budweiser This Weekend
NFL: Arizona Cardinals Look to Stay Undefeated on FOX
COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Top-25 Big 12 Battle Kicks Off FOX Doubleheader
#ICYMI: College Football Analyst Joel Klatt Has Harsh Words for University of Michigan and Head Coach Brady Hoke
MLB POSTSEASON COMES TO FOX SPORTS 1 FOR FIRST TIME WITH NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES PRESENTED BY BUDWEISER
MLB postseason coverage comes to FOX Sports 1 for the first time as America’s new sports network televises up to eight games of the National League Division Series presented by Budweiser. Coverage begins with a Game 1 doubleheader on Friday, Oct. 3, as the San Francisco Giants take on the NL East Champion Washington Nationals. Later that day, the NL West Champion Los Angeles Dodgers host the NL Central Division Champion St. Louis Cardinals. Joe Buck, Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci call the action for the Cardinals/Dodgers series with reports from Ken Rosenthal. Matt Vasgersian, John Smoltz and Jon Paul Morosi cover the Giants/Nationals series.
FOX Sports provides more hours of pre and postgame coverage devoted to the MLB postseason than in any year prior. FOX, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes have more than 60 hours of pre, between-game and postgame coverage planned, including expanded 90-minute editions of AMERICA’S PREGAME and special editions of FOX SPORTS LIVE. Schedules for the National League Division Series presented by Budweiser on FOX Sports 1 through Saturday, Oct. 4, are below.
- NLDS Pregame
- FOX Deportes, Friday, Oct. 3 (2:00 PM ET)
- FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, Oct. 3 (2:30 PM ET)
- San Francisco Giants at Washington Nationals Game 1
- FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Friday, Oct. 3 (3:00 PM ET)
- FOX SPORTS LIVE
- FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, Oct. 3 (6:00 PM ET)
- St. Louis Cardinals at Los Angeles Dodgers Game 1
- FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Friday, Oct. 3 (6:30 PM ET)
- FOX SPORTS LIVE
- FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday, Oct. 3 (9:00 PM ET)
- NLDS Pregame
- FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (4:30 PM ET)
- San Francisco Giants at Washington Nationals Game 2
- FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (5:30 PM ET)
- NLDS Pregame
NFL ON FOX CONTINUES WITH SIX REGIONALIZED GAMES, HIGHLIGHTED BY UNDEFEATED CARDINALS TAKING ON PEYTON MANNING & THE BRONCOS
The NFL on FOX continues this week with six regionalized games, including five at 1:00 PM ET and the undefeated Arizona Cardinals at last year’s AFC Champion Denver Broncos at 4:05 PM ET. In the early window, the New York Giants host the Atlanta Falcons, while the Carolina Panthers welcome the Chicago Bears. The St. Louis Rams travel to Philadelphia to take on the Eagles, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers head to New Orleans to face the Saints, and the Buffalo Bills, led by newly announced starting quarterback Kyle Orton, meet the Lions in Detroit.
FOX Sports’ NFL coverage begins each Sunday on FOX Sports 1 with FOX NFL KICKOFF at 11:00 AM ET with host Joel Klatt and analysts Donovan McNabb, Dave Wannstedt and Randy Moss. On the FOX broadcast network, FOX NFL SUNDAY immediately follows FOX NFL KICKOFF at 12:00 PM ET with co-hosts Terry Bradshaw and Curt Menefee alongside analysts Howie Long, Michael Strahan, Jimmy Johnson, insider Jay Glazer and rules analyst Mike Pereira.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 05
GAME PLAY-BY-PLAY/ANALYST/SIDELINE COV. TIME (ET)
Atlanta Falcons at New York Giants Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch 25% 1:00PM
& Pam Oliver
MetLife Stadium – East Rutherford, N.J.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Atlanta, Birmingham, Boston, Hartford, Memphis, Miami, New York, Providence, Richmond, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington, West Palm Beach
Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers Thom Brennanman, David Diehl 18% 1:00PM
& Laura Okmin
Bank of America Stadium – Charlotte, N.C.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dayton, Greensboro, Greenville, Louisville, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Raleigh
St. Louis Rams at Philadelphia Eagles Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston 7% 1:00PM
& On-field analyst Tony Siragusa
Lincoln Financial Field – Philadelphia, Pa.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Kansas City, Philadelphia, St. Louis
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints Dick Stockton, Kirk Morrison 7% 1:00PM
& Kristina Pink
Mercedes-Benz Superdome – New Orleans, La.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Fort Myers, New Orleans, Orlando, Tampa
Buffalo Bills at Detroit Lions Sam Rosen, Ronde Barber 5% 1:00PM
& Jennifer Hale
Ford Field – Detroit, Mich.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Buffalo, Detroit
Arizona Cardinals at Denver Broncos Joe Buck, Troy Aikman 37% 4:05PM
& Erin Andrews
Sports Authority Field at Mile High – Denver, Co.
MARKETS INCLUDE: Albuquerque, Austin, Baltimore, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nashville, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, Seattle, Tulsa
BIG 12/PAC-12 DOUBLEHEADER HIGHLIGHTS FOX SPORTS WEEK 6 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
o Florida Atlantic at FIU
- FOX Sports Regional Networks & FOX Sports GO, Thursday, Oct. 2 (7:00 PM ET)
- Mark Followill, Brian Baldinger and Lesley McCaslin
o Iowa State at No. 21 Oklahoma State
- FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (12:00 PM ET)
- Tim Brando and Brady Quinn
o Marshall at Old Dominion
- FOX Sports Regional Networks & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (12:00 PM ET)
- Brendan Burke, Ben Leber, Christian Steckel
o No. 4 Oklahoma at No. 25 TCU
- FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (3:30 PM ET)
- Gus Johnson, Charles Davis and Molly McGrath
o Kansas at West Virginia
- FOX Sports Regional Networks & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (4:00 PM ET)
- Mark Followill, Brian Baldinger, Lesley McCaslin
o UTEP at LA Tech
- FOX College Sports & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (7:00 PM ET)
- Mike Morgan, JC Pearson, Steffi Sorensen
- FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (7:30 PM ET)
- Joe Davis, Joey Harrington and Kris Budden
- Arizona State at No. 16 USC
This Week: This weekend’s action features four top-25 teams, including a battle of ranked Big 12 foes, as No. 25 TCU hosts No. 4 Oklahoma in the first game of a FOX college football doubleheader. The 3-0 Horned Frogs make their season debut in the rankings this week and look to derail an undefeated Oklahoma team that has emerged as one of the top programs in the country. Coverage begins at 3:00 PM ET with FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREGAME, hosted by Rob Stone with analysts Joel Klatt and Dave Wannstedt.
FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREGAME LEADS INTO BATTLE OF RANKED BIG 12 FOES
- Network/When: FOX & FOX Sports GO, Saturday, Oct. 4 (3:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Rob Stone, Joel Klatt and Dave Wannstedt are in studio, while Gus Johnson, Charles Davis and Molly McGrath check in live from Fort Worth.
This Week: This week, get to know one of Oklahoma’s top defenders, Charles Tapper, who played basketball in high school, but was still recruited by the Sooners. Joel Klatt examines Oklahoma’s defensive evolution, while Dave Wannstedt discusses how TCU has slid under the national radar. The group breaks down highlights from around the country on one of the best college football weekends of the season so far.
FOX SPORTS LIVE – NIGHTLY MLB PLAYOFF POSTGAME ANALYSIS, ANDY DALTON 1-ON-1 WITH McNABB ON FRIDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Cole Wright, Ryan Field, Jay Glazer, Gabe Kapler, Joel Klatt, Matt Leinart, Donovan McNabb, Randy Moss, Petros Papadakis, Brady Quinn, Ephraim Salaam, Clay Travis.
- This Week: The Major League Baseball playoffs are now underway, and FOX SPORTS LIVE is right in the thick of things with nightly postgame recaps and analysis, covering all the October action. Analysts Gabe Kapler and Eric Karros are in-studio each night breaking down the critical plays, and baseball takes center stage on Friday, Oct. 3, as postseason baseball debuts on FOX Sports 1. That day, FOX SPORTS LIVE has break-in coverage following the afternoon game in addition to a postgame show as the network airs both National League Division Series Game 1s. Nightly NFL coverage continues with the regular-season schedule having reached its quarter-pole. On Friday night, six-time Pro Bowl quarterback and FOX Sports 1 NFL analyst Donovan McNabb sits down with current Cincinnati Bengals signal-caller Andy Dalton for a 1-on-1 interview. Dalton has the Bengals off to a fine start as one of the league’s only two remaining unbeaten teams, so McNabb traveled to Cincinnati to find out if the fourth-year pro can help the franchise get over the first-round playoff hump in 2014.
FOX SPORTS LIVE: COUNTDOWN TO KICK OFF ROLLS ON
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 & FOX Sports GO, Friday evenings (This week: 12:00 AM ET)
- Talent: Bruce Feldman, Todd Fuhrman, Joel Klatt, Matt Leinart, Stewart Mandel, Petros Papadakis, Clay Travis, Dave Wannstedt.
- This Week: College football coverage remains an emphasis during the week, leading up to FOX SPORTS LIVE: COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF at 12:00 A.M. ET. The format features an hour-long programming block counting down the sport’s biggest stories of the week. The show boasts a stable of insiders and information men that includes Bruce Feldman, Stewart Mandel and Clay Travis, who provide up-to-the-minute reporting and insight on programs from across the nation. Former players Joel Klatt, Petros Papadakis and Matt Leinart are also on-hand, joining longtime collegiate and professional coach Dave Wannstedt for game analysis and breakdowns as they count down topics from 10 to 1.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – MLB PLAYOFF ANALYSIS IN-STUDIO AND SITE HITS FROM MOROSI, ROSENTHAL; THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL PREVIEWS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET), pre-empted Friday, Oct. 3
- Talent: Mike Hill, Molly McGrath, Julie Stewart-Binks, Royce Clayton, Jay Glazer, Joel Klatt, Kirk Morrison, CJ Nitkowski, Ephraim Salaam.
- This Week: The show is off on Friday, Oct. 3, as postseason baseball debuts on FOX Sports 1 with the National League Division Series presented by Budweiser. Throughout the week, FOX Sports 1 MLB analysts CJ Nitkowski and Royce Clayton join the show to preview all of the playoff action, and insiders Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal are live on-site for up-to-the-minute news and interviews with managers and players. In advance of Thursday night’s NFC North showdown between the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers, NFL insider Mike Garafolo provides live site hits and reporting from Lambeau Field in Green Bay, while Jay Glazer is in-studio with updates on injuries and playing statuses, including that of Vikings’ rookie starting quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who has been limited this week with an ankle injury.
SAFFIEDINE’S LEG KICKS COULD BEST MACDONALD, SAYS EVANS
A clash of top-10 welterweights headlines UFC® FIGHT NIGHT ON FOX SPORTS 1: MACDONALD vs. SAFFIEDINE on Saturday, Oct. 4 (10:00 PM ET), when No. 2-ranked Rory MacDonald (17-2) battles No. 9-ranked Tarec Saffiedine (15-3). MacDonald has won seven of his past eight bouts, while the former Strikeforce champion Saffiedine has his sights set on a title shot if he can extend his current five-fight win streak. However, MacDonald could be vulnerable to Saffiedine’s leg kicks, says UFC on FOX analyst Rashad Evans: “I think it’s going to take more than the jab for MacDonald. That jab will leave him in a vulnerable spot. Those leg kicks from Saffiedine will get there before the jabs. He’s really going to have to mix it up by wearing him down, get some clinches in there, make it more of a brawl, and that’s his best chance to win this fight.” To watch UFC on FOX analysts preview the fight, click: http://bit.ly/1uxjAoy
UFC WEIGH-IN SHOW: NO. 1-RANKED LIGHTWEIGHT MELENDEZ JOINS AS ANALYST