Athletics at Tigers Marks MLB Network’s First-Ever Postseason Game Telecast
MLB Network’s Matt Vasgersian and Jim Kaat to Call the Game
Game Marks Kaat’s First MLB Postseason Telecast in 17 Years
Secaucus, N.J., October 5, 2012 – For the first time in its four-year history, MLB Network will exclusively televise a Postseason game as Matt Vasgersian and Jim Kaat call Game Two of the American League Division Series featuring the Oakland Athletics at Detroit Tigers this Sunday, October 7 at 12:00 p.m. ET, live from Comerica Park.
- The game marks Kaat’s return to an MLB Postseason telecast for the first time in 17 years and Vasgersian’s first-ever MLB Postseason call after being the play-by-play voice for the Milwaukee Brewers and San Diego Padres for eleven seasons before joining MLB Network in 2009.
- Bob Costas will join Kaat in the broadcast booth to call MLB Network’s second exclusive LDS game telecast on Wednesday, October 10.
o Wednesday’s game will mark Costas’s first MLB Postseason game call since the 2000 ALCS.
- Sam Ryan will serve as reporter for both LDS game telecasts on MLB Network.
- Both game telecasts will be available across the country exclusively on MLB Network, including Detroit and Oakland’s home television territories.
- MLB Network will air complete coverage of the 2012 Postseason, including previews, highlights, analysis, interviews and press conferences across all of its studio programming. MLB Tonight will air live before and after every Postseason game, with reporters on-site at each ballpark during the Division Series and Championship Series, and MLB Tonight and Intentional Talk on the road during the World Series.
- 2008 World Series champion Jimmy Rollins and two-time American League champion Omar Vizquel will serve as in-studio guest analysts on MLB Tonight during the League Division Series.
- MLB Network will keep its social media followers updated with the latest news, quotes, interview clips and breakdowns using #MLBTonight, #Postseason and #WorldSeries through its presence on Facebook and Twitter. Fans can also stay up to date by following MLB Network’s on-air personalities on Twitter.
- MLB Network is available on each of the top 10 video distributors in the U.S. and local channel listings are available at www.FindMLBNetwork.com.
MLB Network is the ultimate television destination for baseball fans, featuring the Emmy Award-winning MLB Tonight, live games, original programming, highlights, and insights and analysis from the best in the business, including Bob Costas, Peter Gammons, Jim Kaat, Al Leiter and Harold Reynolds. MLB Network debuted on January 1, 2009 as the largest launch in cable television history and is currently distributed in 70 million homes. For more information and to find MLB Network in your area, go to www.mlbnetwork.com.