NBA TV to Provide 95 Hours of All-Star Programming this weekend for
NBA All-Star 2012 in Orlando
NBA TV’s Fan Night presented by Sprint will feature the New Orleans Hornets taking on the Chicago Bulls on Tues., Feb. 28, at 8:00 p.m. (ET). This match-up was selected by fans who voted via nba.com, NBA’s Facebook page and Yahoo.com. The Fan Night crew with host Ernie Johnson and analysts Greg Anthony and Steve Smith will tip off coverage beginning at 7:30 p.m. (ET) with the Autotrader.com Pregame Show. Host Rick Kamla and analyst Steve Smith will conclude the evening with a postgame recap featuring highlights from the evening’s match-up.
Fan Night voting for next week’s match-up on Tues., March 6, will continue on nba.com/nbatv/fannight, the NBA Facebook page and Yahoo.com from Tues., Feb. 28 (8 a.m. ET) – Thurs., March 1 (Midnight ET). Fans will have the opportunity to select among the following games:
- Orlando Magic @ Charlotte Bobcats
- Atlanta Hawks @ Indiana Pacers
- Houston Rockets @ Boston Celtics
- New Jersey Nets @ Miami Heat
- New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks
Fans can stay connected to the latest NBA action every Tuesday with The Jump presented by Sprint. Host Jared Greenberg and analysts Brent Barry, Dennis Scott and ‘chat-master’ Sekou Smith will jumpstart Tuesday’s basketball coverage with the live, interactive show. Fans can submit questions and comments via NBA.com, Facebook or Twitter. The Jump presented by Sprint will stream live on Feb. 28, at 3 p.m. (ET) on NBA.com and will air at 6:00 p.m. (ET) on NBA TV.
During NBA All-Star, NBA TV will deliver fans more than 95 hours of dedicated All-Star programming including interviews with LeBron James, Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin and many other NBA All-Star participants.
NBA TV highlights throughout this weekend’s NBA All-Star 2012 include:
- · East and West All-Star Practices and Programming: NBA TV will provide fans exclusive access to All-Star programming all day on Saturday, Feb. 25, starting with All-Star East and West Practices at 11 a.m. (ET), followed by the Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown at 1:30 p.m. (ET), 2012 NBA D-League All-Star Game presented by 26 Seconds at 2 p.m. (ET) and the NBA TV All-Star Weekend Presented by Kia Motors at 11 p.m. (ET). Fans also will have the opportunity to catch special All-Star episodes of The Jump Presented by Sprint, The Beat, and NBA GameTime during the weekend.
- · David Stern All-Star Press Conference: NBA TV will present an exclusive presentation of Stern’s All-Star press conference live on Saturday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. (ET), which will lead up to TNT’s exclusive presentation of NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm.
- · Slam Dunk Marathon: Celebrating Slam Dunk champions over the past 25 years, NBA TV will air the Dunk-A-Thon Presented by Sprite beginning at Noon on Thursday, Feb. 23 as a buildup to this year’s festivities. The marathon will feature every slam dunk competition since 1984, along with a special presentation of the first slam dunk contest during the 1976 ABA All-Star Game, which featured Julius Erving’s mesmerizing dunk from the foul line.
- · Additional NBA TV Programming: NBA TV will capture the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge practice on Friday, Feb. 24 at 10:00 a.m. (ET) and will feature the Sprint Pre-Game Concert at NBA All-Star on Sunday, Feb. 26 at 5:00 pm. (ET).
NBA TV’s marquee roster of on-air talent for NBA All-Star includes former NBA Players, NBA Champions, Hall of Famers, NBA All-Stars, and Olympic Gold Medalists:
- · Anchors: Matt Winer, Vince Cellini, Rick Kamla and Jared Greenberg
- · Analysts: Former NBA players Shaquille O’Neal, Chris Webber, Steve Smith, Dennis Scott and Brent Barry, as well as NBA Insider David Aldridge.
- · TNT Talent: Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Steve Kerr, Reggie Miller, Mike Fratello, Craig Sager, and will join NBA TV throughout the weekend.
NBA 2011-2012 regular season games will resume on NBA TV on Tuesday, February 28 at 8:00 p.m. (ET) with the Fan Night game.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. This robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLeague.com and WNBA.com.
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., presents some of the best and most popular sporting events worldwide and is a leader in televised and online sports programming. With events airing on TBS and TNT, Turner Sports’ line-up includes NASCAR and NASCAR.COM, the NBA, Major League Baseball, professional golf, PGATOUR.COM and PGA.com. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA League Pass, NBADLeague.com and WNBA.com