- SportsCenter Special: Derek Jeter to Air Friday
- ESPN Radio to Broadcast Jeter’s Final Game at Yankee Stadium
- Sunday’s Outside The Lines to Examine Life in the Bronx without Jeter
ESPN will provide comprehensive coverage of Derek Jeter’s final week in Major League Baseball, highlighted by SportsCenter Special: Derek Jeter on Friday, Sept. 26, at 7:30 p.m. ET. Host Karl Ravech, analysts Curt Schilling, Aaron Boone, Mark Mulder and ESPN MLB Insiders Buster Olney, Tim Kurkjian and Keith Law will look back at Jeter’s career and accomplishments while examining his rank among all-time Yankees legends.
SportsCenter & Baseball Tonight
SportsCenter’s coverage throughout the week will include Pedro Gomez reporting from Yankee Stadium on Thursday, Sept. 25, leading up to and following Jeter’s final game in the Bronx and Jeremy Schaap reporting live from Fenway Park on Sunday, Sept. 28, prior to the final game of Jeter’s career.
Additional SportsCenter elements include a compilation of Jeter’s “ultimate” highlights, a remix of highlights from award-winning DJ and music video producer DJ Steve Porter, essays from ESPN MLB Insiders Buster Olney and Tim Kurkjian, a look back at the Jeter Farewell Tour with SportsCenter’s Neil Everett, a feature on the scout who scouted Jeter for the Yankees and excerpts of Jeter’s interview at the 2014 MLB All-Star Game with analyst Aaron Boone.
ESPN MLB analysts Eduardo Perez, Doug Glanville and Mark Mulder will also contribute to SportsCenter coverage from ESPN’s Bristol, Conn. campus while Baseball Tonight will preview and discuss Jeter’s farewell throughout the week with episodes at approximately 10 p.m. and 12 a.m. or 1 a.m. each night.
Outside The Lines
Chris Connelly reports on fans contemplating life in the Bronx without the Yankees’ star shortstop on Sunday, Sept. 28, at 8 a.m. on ESPN2.
Yankees Host Orioles on ESPN
ESPN will televise one of Jeter’s final games at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. when the Yankees host the Baltimore Orioles. Jon Sciambi, analyst Rick Sutcliffe and analyst/reporter Doug Glanville will provide commentary for the full national telecast.
Jon Sciambi and analyst Chris Singleton will provide commentary for ESPN Radio’s broadcast of Derek Jeter’s final game at Yankee Stadium on Thursday, Sept. 25, with pre-game coverage beginning at 6 p.m. The Freddie Coleman Show will follow directly with full post-game coverage. Jorge Sedano will also host an ESPN Radio special on Jeter’s career on Sunday, Sept. 28, at 7 p.m.
ESPN Digital and Print Media
ESPN.com, ESPN The Magazine and ESPN New York will offer special content chronicling Derek Jeter’s farewell and examining his legacy including:
- Contributions from ESPN MLB Insiders Buster Olney, Jayson Stark and Jim Caple;
- An examination of the marketing and merchandizing of Jeter from reporter Darren Rovell;
- A Numbers column from Peter Keating exploring Jeter’s ‘marquee value’ rating from the Fansourced issue of ESPN The Magazine, currently on newsstands;
- An exploration of Jeter’s role in American life from J.R. Moehringer for the Cleveland issue of ESPN The Magazine, which hits newsstands on Friday, Oct. 3;
- ESPN New York content from Andrew Marchand and Ian O’Connor exploring Jeter’s relationship with umpires and his future after baseball;
- Social media integration across platforms utilizing the hashtag #FarewellJeter
ESPN.com highlights will also include photo galleries of Jeter’s career and his Topps baseball cards over time, an interactive SportsNation ranking of his top 10 plays and a quiz about which retirement gifts came from various MLB teams.