ESPN has selected Pac-12 Conference college football games for the 2011 season, including 10 for Saturday telecasts and one for the Friday after Thanksgiving. The network previously announced three Thursday and two Friday night conference telecasts. Overall, ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 will combine to televise 20 Pac-12 home games, with additional selections announced as the season progresses. Highlights:
- The early selections will include multiple games involving six teams ranked in the College Football Live preseason top 25 poll, highlighted by:
- Three of last season’s BCS National Championship Game participant No. 3 Oregon: at Arizona Saturday, Sept. 24, at 10:15 p.m. on ESPN or ESPN2; against California Thursday, Oct. 6, at 9 p.m. on ESPN; and against USC Saturday, Nov. 19, at 8 p.m. on ABC.
- Four of No. 7 Stanford, led by quarterback Andrew Luck and new head coach David Shaw: at Arizona Saturday, Sept. 17, at 10:45 p.m. on ESPN; against Washington Saturday, Oct. 22, at 8 p.m. on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2; at USC Saturday, Oct. 29, at 8 p.m. on ABC; and against No. 17 Notre Dame Saturday, Nov. 26, at 8 p.m. on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.
- A minimum of three Saturday late-night games, including two on Saturday, Sept. 24, will be offered: No. 3 Oregon at Arizona at 10:15 p.m. on ESPN or ESPN2, and USC at No. 25 Arizona State at 10:15 p.m. on ESPN or ESPN2.
- ESPN’s popular Thursday night ESPN College Football Primetime series will feature three consecutive weeks of telecasts originating from Pac-12 home sites, all at 9 p.m.: California at No. 3 Oregon (Oct. 6), USC at California (Oct. 13) and UCLA at Arizona (Oct. 20).
- ESPN2 will televise new conference members Utah (at intrastate rival BYU Saturday, Sept. 17, at 9:15 p.m.) and Colorado (against USC Friday, Nov. 4, at 9 p.m.).
2011 Pac-12 Schedule as of May 10 (additional selections will be announced):
|Sat, Sep 3||3:30 p.m.||Minnesota at USC **||ABC|
|Fri, Sep 9||10:30 p.m.||No. 23 Missouri at No. 25 Arizona State *||ESPN|
|Sat, Sep 17||3:30 p.m.||No. 20 Texas at UCLA||ABC and ESPN ***|
|9:15 p.m.||Utah at BYU||ESPN2|
|10:45 p.m.||No. 7 Stanford at Arizona||ESPN|
|Sat, Sep 24||10:15 p.m.||No. 3 Oregon at Arizona||ESPN or ESPN2|
|10:15 p.m.||USC at No. 25 Arizona State||ESPN or ESPN2|
|Thu, Oct 6||9 p.m.||California at No. 3 Oregon *||ESPN|
|Thu, Oct 13||9 p.m.||USC at California *||ESPN|
|Thu, Oct 20||9 p.m.||UCLA at Arizona *||ESPN|
|Sat, Oct 22||8 p.m.||Washington at No. 7 Stanford||ABC, ESPN or ESPN2|
|Sat, Oct 29||8 p.m.||No. 7 Stanford at USC||ABC|
|Fri, Nov 4||9 p.m.||USC at Colorado *||ESPN2|
|Sat, Nov 19||8 p.m.||USC at No. 3 Oregon||ABC|
|Fri, Nov 25||10:15 p.m.||California at No. 25 Arizona State||ESPN|
|Sat, Nov 26||8 p.m.||No. 17 Notre Dame at No. 7 Stanford||ABC, ESPN or ESPN2|
* Previously announced
** Split national telecast
*** Reverse mirror in which ESPN will regionalize two games on ABC to markets not receiving the telecast
ESPN and the Pac-12
ESPN and the Pac-12 Conference recently announced a new 12-year agreement for extensive conference action across multiple ESPN platforms beginning with the 2012-13 season and continuing through 2024-25. The deal will deliver more than 80 Pac-12 events each year, highlighted by more football games than the previous agreement, including the Pac-12 Football Championship Game every other year; the addition of an extensive schedule of men’s regular-season basketball games, as well as select Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Tournament matchups and the Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Tournament Championship every other year; and for the first time rights to women’s college basketball and Olympic sports content.