To tweet: http://es.pn/1Dpw9UP
ESPN No. 1 for 15th Consecutive Year in Annual Beta Cable Operator Study
For the 15th consecutive year, operators named ESPN the no. 1 network with the most average perceived value among all networks measured in Beta Research Corp’s annual Cable Operator Evaluation Study. ESPN was also ranked the no. 1 most important network in their cable systems for the 11th straight year – and 14 of the past 15 years – with 91 percent of operators describing the network as “very important” for subscriber retention and acquisition. Other findings among operators include:
- ESPN2 ranked second in average perceived value for the 10th consecutive year and fourth most important network to operators’ cable systems.
- Disney Channel ranked third in greatest perceived value and second in importance of network.
- Disney and ESPN Media Networks ranked no. 1 for the most visited and highest rated (excellent or very good) affiliate website.
Among unaided mentions, operators voted ESPN and Disney and ESPN Media Networks as the no. 1 network and organization most helpful in driving VOD or SVOD efforts and providing new online content delivery options. Both the network and group were also voted most helpful in marketing support, TV Everywhere efforts, high-definition programming and selling high-speed internet, HDTV and/or video on demand.
Further, in the Beta Local Ad Sales Executive study – also released today – ESPN ranked no. 1 among unaided mentions for the 11th straight year as the network with the most valuable programming to help create local ad sales revenue among major networks. Additionally, Disney and ESPN Media Networks ranked no. 1 in the study for the following:
- Most appealing demographics (11th straight year).
- Percent of local ad sales executives who visit the network group’s affiliate site (seventh consecutive year).
- Percent of site visitors rating the site very good or excellent.
- Providing original research and early notification of promotional opportunities.
The Beta Cable Operator study conducted 100 telephone interviews with a range of representatives from individual cable systems between August and October 2014. The purpose of the study was to determine operator perceptions of basic cable networks/organizations.
The Beta Local Ad Sales Executive study was conducted between October and November 2014 among local ad sales executives from local cable systems to determine their perceptions of basic cable network organizations.