“SportsNet Central: Road to a Championship” NLCS Preview TONIGHT at 10:30 PM CT
Game 1 coverage on Saturday, October 17
“Cubs Pregame Live” at 6:00 PM CT on CSN+
“Cubs Postgame Live” at approx. 10:00 PM CT on CSN
Game 2 coverage on Sunday, October 18
“Cubs Pregame Live” at 6:00 PM CT on CSN
“Cubs Postgame Live” at approx. 10:00 PM CT on CSN
Chicago, IL (October 16, 2015) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of National League Championship Series-bound Chicago Cubs, will be providing fans with LIVE, expanded, surrounding coverage of the Cubs huge upcoming playoff series against the New York Mets.
Beginning TONIGHT at 10:30 PM CT, Comcast SportsNet will provide viewers with a special NLCS Preview show entitled, SportsNet Central: Road to a Championship. This half-hour show, hosted by CSN’s Cubs Pre/Postgame Live tandem of David Kaplan (@thekapman) and Todd Hollandsworth (@hollytime28) will provide fans with a full, detailed preview of the Cubs-Mets series, including workout day on-site reports at Citi Field from Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull (@Kelly_Crull) and CSNChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney (@CSNMooney), along the latest team/player news, interviews, season-long match-up highlights, and an ALCS overview that features Kansas City vs. Toronto.
Game 1 (Saturday, October 17) and Game 2 (Sunday, October 18) of the NLCS will take place in New York and Comcast SportsNet will deliver live, expanded editions of Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto and Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois featuring Kaplan and Hollandsworth, along with LIVE up-to-the-minute on-site Citi Field reports from Crull and Mooney.
Please note the following details for Comcast SportsNet’s surrounding Cubs-Mets NLCS coverage in New York this coming weekend:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17
6:00 PM – Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto (NOTE: airing on CSN+) – Hosted by David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth, this special ONE-HOUR edition of Cubs Pregame Live will break down and preview Game 1 of the NLCS featuring numerous interviews, a complete series overview, a recap of regular season Cubs-Mets head-to-head highlights, along with live, on-site reports from Kelly Crull and Patrick Mooney.
10:00 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois – An expanded edition of Cubs Postgame Live, hosted by Kaplan and Hollandsworth, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 1, plus, additional live on-field post-game reports and much more.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18
6:00 PM – Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto – Hosted by David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth, this special ONE-HOUR edition of Cubs Pregame Live will break down and preview Game 2 of the NLCS featuring a thorough Game 1 recap, pitching match-up previews, numerous interviews, along with live, on-site reports from Crull and Mooney.
10:00 PM (time approx.) – Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois – An expanded edition of Cubs Postgame Live, hosted by Kaplan and Hollandsworth, will feature Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conference, live locker room player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 2, plus, additional live on-field post-game reports and a look ahead to NLCS making its way Wrigley Field beginning Tuesday.
IMPORTANT NOTE: On Saturday, October 17, Cubs Pregame Live will air exclusively on CSN+. CSN+ is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, RCN, and WOW! homes among others; viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER for complete channel location details.
In addition to the comprehensive Cubs NLCS coverage on Comcast SportsNet, viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com throughout the playoffs even more comprehensive 24/7 coverage, including:
- Live stream of Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity).
- “Cubs Pulse presented by AT&T U-Verse,” a one-stop social media and behind-the-scenes destination that reveals the latest real time trending topics, player buzz and expert insight from Twitter and Instagram. Plus, “Cubs Pulse” aggregates all Cubs player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #CubsTalk.
- “Cubs In-Game Live,” – featuring STATS Inc.’s enhanced Game Zone real-time tracking system – is a second screen platform for PCs, tablets and mobile devices that combine state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live game broadcasts.
- Push Alerts: CSN Chicago will deliver Cubs push notifications for breaking team and player news, “Insider” reports, plus game reminder alerts via CSN Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
- CubsTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Cubs playoffs news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. BullsTalk is under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBasketballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and Golf Central. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk and BearsTalk, PrepsTalk and B1GTalk which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
- CSNChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney will provide extensive team/player news, special feature stories, and much more throughout the NLCS. Follow him on Twitter @CSNMooney for 24/7 inside access. Cubs digital reporter and producer Tony Andracki will also provide Cubs reports/features on the beat with Mooney. Follow @CSNCubs on Twitter for full team coverage, giveaways, fan photos and the very latest team news.
- CSNChicago.com’s state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded Cubs playoffs content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
- CSNChicago.com, NBC Sports and HardBallTalk.com will also produce Cubs content in tandem, which will include on-camera segments and digital reports.
- Yahoo: Via the Yahoo Sports – NBC Sports Network digital alliance, CSNChicago.com’s Cubs content will be available via sports.yahoo.com.
- Cubs coverage on CSNChicago.com/Cubs is presented by Toyota.
NOTE: Comcast SportsNet’s surrounding coverage details for GAMES 3 & 4 (and Game 5 if nec.) from Wrigley Field next week, along with Games 6 & 7 (if nec.) back in New York, will be announced on Monday, Oct. 19.
Comcast SportsNet Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, blogs and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 11 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, which serves Baltimore and Washington D.C., Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, The Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia and SportsNet New York. For more information, visit ComcastSportsNet.com. For more information about NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.