Chicago, IL (November 9, 2015) – Comcast SportsNet Chicago, the television home of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, was the recipient of four Emmy Awards from the Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. The 57th annual ceremony was held in Chicago on Saturday, Nov. 7.
“We are honored to receive these awards from our peers in the industry, but, more importantly, I’m even prouder of the non-stop dedication of our entire staff for the brilliant work they do on a daily basis,” said Phil Bedella, VP/GM of Comcast SportsNet Chicago.
To date, Comcast SportsNet Chicago has earned a total of 33 Emmy Awards since it launched on October 1, 2004. Note the following Emmy Award winners for the 2014-15 television season:
1) Category #7-b: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Program Series
- Bears Classics: Payton Forever: Sarah Lauch, William Parker, Greg Dely, Eric Fogle, Jeff Korbitz, Michael Cappozzo, Kristina Quinn, Brett Fisher, Kevin Cross, Bill Kurtis, Todd Williams, Jason Dolan, Producers.
2) Category #7-d: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Sporting Event/Game – Live/Unedited Program/Special
- Blackhawks Hockey on Comcast SportsNet Chicago: Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; Mike Leary, Dave Turner, Mark Harper, Producers; Dave Ross, Associate Producer; Pat Foley, Play-by-Play Announcer; Eddie Olczyk, Analyst; Luke Stuckmeyer, Reporter/Producer.
3) Category #19-b: Outstanding Achievement for Program Promotion (Non-News) Single Spot/Campaign
- CSN Chicago – Bulls 2014 Season Campaign: Jay Wadhwa, Executive Producer; Jeremy Murayama, Producer.
4) Category #26-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off-Air: Editor – Promotions/PSAs/Commercials
- Justin Schoenrock – Blackhawks Playoffs Image.
Comcast SportsNet Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with Emmy Award-winning regional sports news and analysis via SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, blogs and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 11 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, which serves Baltimore and Washington D.C., Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, The Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia and SportsNet New York. For more information, visit ComcastSportsNet.com. For more information about NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.