ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest running and most celebrated pregame show – returns to the University of Alabama and the Walk of Champions outside of Bryant-Denny Stadium for the second time this season in advance of the No. 7 Alabama hosting No. 4 LSU on Saturday, Nov. 7. The Emmy Award-winning – airing from 9 a.m.-noon on ESPN – is visiting this top rivalry for the eighth time in GameDay’s history, the most of any matchup.
Host Rece Davis – in his first season at the College GameDay desk – is joined by analysts Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, George Whitfield and Gene Wojciechowski. Herbstreit will be on the call of the game with Chris Fowler and reporter Heather Cox.
College Football Live will originate from the College GameDay set Friday, Nov. 6, at 2 p.m. on ESPN with Ponder, Howard and Pollack at the desk.
College GameDay Fun Facts:
- This is the eighth LSU-Alabama game GameDay has attended. The Tide have won five of the previous seven meetings, but LSU is 2-1 in Tuscaloosa (Alabama is 3-0 in Baton Rouge and 1-0 in Bowl Games). The eight visits to LSU-Alabama are the most of any matchup. Miami-Florida State and Florida-Florida State are second with seven meetings.
- Corso is 16-8 when picking Alabama with the 24 times picking Alabama representing the most times he has put on a team’s headgear. Corso lost earlier this year when picking the Tide to beat Ole Miss, and he has picked against a Nick Saban-coached Alabama team five times, and been wrong four of those five times.
- This is the 12th time GameDay has originated from Tuscaloosa with the Tide going 5-3 under Saban with GameDay in town.
- Including bowls and SEC Championship Games, this is the 24th time GameDay will originate from an LSU game. LSU is 15-8 in the previous 23.
- Corso is 12-3 when picking LSU and 5-3 when picking against LSU.
- Corso is 3-6 in headgear picks this year and hasn’t strung together consecutive winning weeks.