ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest running and most celebrated pregame show – will visit Stillwater, Okla., for the fifth time on Saturday, Nov. 28, in advance of Saturday Night Football on ABC presented by Wells Fargo featuring the annual “Bedlam” inter-state rivalry – No. 6 Oklahoma State hosting No. 7 Oklahoma at 8 p.m. (Rankings to be updated tonight, Tuesday, Nov. 24). The Emmy Award-winning show runs 9 a.m.-noon on ESPN.
Host Rece Davis – in his first season at the College GameDay desk – is joined by analysts Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso and David Pollack, as well as contributors Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, George Whitfield and Gene Wojciechowski. Herbstreit will call the game with Chris Fowler and reporter Heather Cox.
Rather than at his usual spot on the show, Desmond Howard will be in Ann Arbor, Mich., where his #21 jersey will be retired prior to No. 12 Michigan’s rivalry game against No. 3 Ohio State (Noon, ABC) Saturday. Howard will provide live segments from Michigan during College GameDay.
College GameDay Fun Facts:
- GameDay home teams have lost five of the last six weeks (4-7 on the year) with the only win in that span being Alabama over LSU.
- Corso is 3-9 in headgear picks this year, his first losing season since 2002.
- This is the 31st time GameDay has been to the site of an Oklahoma game; the Sooners are 21-9 in the previous 30.
- Corso is 10-4 when picking OU and 4-10 when he picks against the Sooners. He has picked Oklahoma State twice with the Cowboys going 1-1 in those games.
- This is the fifth time the show has been in Stillwater with Oklahoma State going 1-3 in the previous four trips.
- This is the fifth time GameDay has been to Bedlam with Oklahoma winning all four prior meetings (3-0 in Stillwater, 1-0 in Norman).