ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest running and most celebrated pregame show – will make its 12th stop on the campus of the University of Michigan on Saturday, Oct. 17. The Emmy Award-winning show, airing Saturday from 9 a.m. – noon on ESPN, is the precursor to No. 7 Michigan State at No. 12 Michigan at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN. Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman and Todd McShay will have the call of the game.
Host Rece Davis – in his first season at the College GameDay desk – is joined by analysts Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, George Whitfield and Gene Wojciechowski.
College Football Live will originate from the College GameDay set Friday, Oct. 16, at 2 p.m. on ESPN with Ponder, Howard and Pollack at the desk.
College GameDay Fun Facts:
- This is the sixth time in the last 28 shows that Michigan State will play in the game at the site of GameDay. That’s the most appearances by any team in that span (Alabama is second with five). MSU is 3-2 in the previous five games.
- This is the third Michigan vs. Michigan State game GameDay has attended. Each of the previous two were in East Lansing (1997, 1999) with each team winning once.
- This is the 24th time GameDay will be at a Michigan game. The Wolverines are 14-9 in the previous 23.
- This is the 12th time Michigan will host GameDay and the first time since Sept. 7, 2013, vs. Notre Dame. It is the first time Michigan will host for a Big Ten game since Nov. 17, 2007, when the Wolverines lost to Ohio State 14-3 in what was Lloyd Carr’s final game at Michigan Stadium. Michigan is 10-2 when hosting GameDay, with the other loss coming in 1994, vs. Penn State.
- Corso has picked Michigan nine times, going 7-2 in those nine games, and has also picked against Michigan nine times going 6-3 in those nine. He has picked against Michigan four times at the Big House, going 1-3 in those four games.
- This will be the first time since 2008 that Corso has had a losing record in headgear picks after seven weeks, but he’s never been 2-5 after seven weeks.
- It marks the 12th time GameDay will be at the site of a Michigan State game. Spartans are 5-6 in previous eleven games, including this year’s win over Oregon.
- Corso has picked the Spartans three times – and been correct twice. He incorrectly picked the Spartans to win the matchup with Ohio State last year. Corso is 5-2 when picking against Michigan State (as he was in picking Oregon last month).