ESPN College GameDay Built by The Home Depot – college football’s longest running and most celebrated pregame show – will make its second appearance from Pan Am Plaza in Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship on Saturday, Dec. 6. The Emmy Award-winning show – 9 a.m.-noon on ESPN – is in advance of title matchup, No. 5 Michigan State vs. No. 4 Iowa, likely with a slot in the College Football Playoffs at stake.
Host Rece Davis – in his first season at the College GameDay desk – is joined by analysts Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, as well as contributors Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi and Gene Wojciechowski.
College Football Live will originate from the College GameDay set Friday, Dec. 4, at 2 p.m. on ESPN with Ponder, Howard and Pollack at the desk.
College GameDay Fun Facts:
- This is the first Associated Press top-5 matchup of Big Ten teams that GameDay has attended since the No. 1 vs. No. 2 Ohio State vs. Michigan game in 2006.
- This is the fourth time in the 2015 season Michigan State will play at the GameDay The last team featured four times prior to a bowl game was LSU in 2011. Only three other teams have been involved in four pre-bowl GameDay sites: Alabama 2008, Ohio State 2006 and Oklahoma 2000.
- This is the eighth time in the last 35 shows that Michigan State will play in the game at the site of College GameDay. That’s the most appearances by any team in that span (Alabama is second with 6). MSU is 5-2 in the previous seven games.
- This marks the 14th time GameDay will be at the site of a Michigan State game. Spartans are 7-6 in previous 13 games, including 3-0 this year with wins over Oregon, Michigan and Michigan State.
- Corso has picked the Spartans three times – and been correct twice. He incorrectly picked the Spartans to win the matchup with Ohio State last year. Corso is 5-4 when picking against Michigan State. He has picked against the Spartans all three times this year vs. Oregon, Michigan and Ohio State.
- This is the sixth time Iowa has been involved in a GameDay location, but the first since Sept. 26, 2009, when the Hawkeyes upset Penn State. The Hawkeyes are 1-4 in the previous five.
- Corso has picked Iowa twice and lost both times, and is 1-1 when picking against Iowa.