NFL Films-Produced Series on Historic NFL Drafts Airs Thursdays at 9:00 PM ET on NFL Network
Finale Airs Wednesday, April 29 on Eve of 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago
Examines NFL Drafts From 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 & 2005
Before the 2015 NFL Draft kicks off, the NFL Films-produced series Caught in the Draft returns for a second season, providing a comprehensive look back at five previous drafts: 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 and 2005.
Premiering Thursday, April 2 at 9:00 PM ET on NFL Network and airing every Thursday leading up to the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago, the five-episode series examines five specific drafts which had a profound impact on the National Football League and helped to transform the NFL Draft into the enormous event it has become. The season finale airs on Wednesday, April 29, one night before the start of the 2015 NFL Draft. In addition to NFL Network, Caught in the Draft is also available within the NFL Network 24/7 stream in NFL Mobile.
Actor Oliver Platt narrates the series.
Provided below is a list of each episode of Caught in the Draft and when it airs on NFL Network:
- 1965: Spies, Superstars & Babysitters (April 2) – The 1965 Draft was the most fiercely fought event between the rival National and American Football Leagues. It was a fierce battle for such future Hall of Fame greats Joe Namath, Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers. The two arch-enemies competed for the top college talent by breaking gentlemen’s agreements, testing limits of NCAA boundaries, and even sabotaging each other with “dirty tricks” and deceptions that mirrored the real-world Cold War and the spy movies and TV shows of the era. Features interviews with Joe Namath, Dick Butkus, Gale Sayers, Craig Morton, Fred Biletnikoff, Ron Wolf and more.
- 1975: Agents of Change (April 9) – In a draft that would be remembered for Walter Payton, top pick Steve Bartkowski sets the NFL world afire by asking his college dorm-mate Leigh Steinberg to negotiate his contract. Features interviews with Leigh Steinberg, Gil Brandt, Hollywood Henderson, Dan Fouts, Steve Bartkowski, Robert Brazile and more.
- 1985: Schemes and Dreams (April 16) – Bill Walsh trades up with the New England Patriots and lands wide receiver Jerry Rice. But was that the original plan? For the first time, former Cincinnati Bengals head coach Sam Wyche reveals Walsh’s frantic efforts to trade for the top-billed receiver in the draft, Eddie Brown, while Bernie Kosar stuns the world by entering the supplemental draft and landing in Cleveland. Features interviews with Jerry Rice, Bruce Smith, Randall Cunningham, Doug Flutie, Herschel Walker, Ernie Accorsi and more.
- 1995: Expansion (April 23) – Despite wowing at the NFL Scouting Combine, workout warrior Mike Mamula struggles on the field. Highly-touted running back Kijana Carter has a disappointing career, while draft afterthoughts Terrell Davis and Curtis Martin become stars. Features interviews with Tom Coughlin, Tony Dungy, Derrick Brooks, Curtis Martin, Terrell Davis, Kijana Carter and more.
- 2005: How Low Will Aaron Go? (April 29) – Aaron Rodgers drops in the draft while waiting in the Green Room, while former New York Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi enjoys his best draft ever. Features interviews with Aaron Rodgers, Justin Tuck, Mike McCarthy, Bill Polian, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown and more.
Through archival sources and fresh interviews, Caught in the Draft provides viewers with the most compelling stories from each draft and offers a look inside at just how differently drafts were conducted in the past, and how the nature of the game as it was played in each of those times dictated the types of players selected. Additionally, each episode of Caught in the Draft features graphics and music related to that period of time, truly putting viewers “in the moment” of each decade.
Exclusively for Verizon customers, NFL Mobile offers live streams of NFL Network’s Caught in the Draft via smartphones for fans on the go. Access to the live stream is included at no extra charge with The More Everything Plan from Verizon. Customers not on The More Everything Plan can subscribe to NFL Mobile Premium for $5/month. For more information, visit vzw.com/nfl. Data usage applies for app download and use. Available on iOS, Android, Windows 8, and Blackberry devices.
Every Monday – Friday leading up to the 2015 NFL Draft, Path to the Draft airs at 6:00 PM ET on NFL Network with analysts Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks), Charles Davis (@CFD22), Curtis Conway (@CurtisConway80), Brian Baldinger and Charley Casserly, and host Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano). For all of the latest news and analysis leading up to the draft, visit NFL.com/cfb and follow on Twitter (@NFL_CFB).
ABOUT NFL NETWORK
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
Currently in more than 72 million homes, NFL Network has carriage agreements with each of the country’s largest television providers including Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Cablevision, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on the NFL Mobile from Verizon app (NFL.com/mobile), the NFL app delivered on XBOX from Microsoft, and through Watch NFL Network (NFL.com/watch), with participating cable and satellite providers. For more information, log on to NFL.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.
– NFL MEDIA –