NBC SPORTS DIGITAL “BYTES”
July 2, 2015 – Vol. 60
NBC Sports Digital “Bytes” is a collection of highlights, information and metrics for NBC Sports Digital properties. Previous editions can be found on NBCSportsGroupPressbox.com.
NBC Sports Digital Posts Second Quarter Gains
Live content from the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs and Final, Premier League, and Triple Crown horse racing contributed to NBC Sports Group’s digital sites posting an 8% second-quarter gain in time spent on the sites versus the same quarter last year (1.56 billion total minutes vs. 1.45 billion).
Additional second-quarter metric highlights include:
- Golf Channel Digital posted its best quarter ever for both page views (267 million views) and average monthly unique devices (6 million devices) to site and mobile app.
- Short form VOD web content finished the quarter with nearly 18.5 million starts, an increase of 69% over the same period last year (11 million).
- The “American Pharoah Ends Triple Crown Drought” VOD clip was viewed 1.3 million times – nearly three times more than the top performing VOD clip in the same period last year (“California Chrome Wins Preakness Stakes”; 453,000 starts).
Rotoworld.com Posts Best June Ever
Boosted by coverage of the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs and Final, the NBA Finals and MLB, Rotoworld.com posted its best June ever with 3.4 million uniques and 14.1 million visits, up 16% and 8%, respectively, over June 2014. Following are the most-visited player pages on Rotoworld.com during June:
- Stephen Curry (NBA, Golden State Warriors)
- LeBron James (NBA, Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Kyrie Irving (NBA, Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Bryce Harper (MLB, Washington Nationals)
- Carlos Correa (MLB, Houston Astros)
- Joey Gallo (MLB, Texas Rangers)
- Byron Buxton (MLB, Minnesota Twins)
- Kevin Love (NBA, Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Dwyane Wade (NBA, Miami Heat)
- Alex Rodriguez (MLB, New York Yankees)
NBC Sports Social Media Deploy Around-the-Clock Coverage for NASCAR on NBC Debut
To gear up for the launch of NBC Sports Group’s 10-year chapter as the home of NASCAR’s championship run, NBC Sports’ social media team is deploying around-the-clock coverage across all of NBC Sports’ social media platforms this week.
Throughout the week, NBC Sports Group will debut exclusive NASCAR content, including Twitter Takeovers, Vine tours of the track at Daytona, and ‘A Day in the Life’ Instagram takeovers. Click here for more information.
NBC Sports Live Extra Gears Up For NASCAR On NBC with Exclusive Camera Angles and Interactive Features
NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs, will provide racing fans with unparalleled interactive digital access to every NASCAR Sprint Cup series race, including exclusive camera angles, custom diver information, and insider track information. Sprint Cup Series coverage begins with the 57th running of the Coke Zero 400 Powered by Coca-Cola race this Sunday at 7 p.m. ET on NBC. Click here for more information.
CSNwashington.com and CSNbaltimore.com Present “Best of the Best”
On Monday, June 29, CSN Mid-Atlantic launched an interactive, multiplatform campaign to determine the top Washington Redskin and Baltimore Raven of the last 50 years. The bracket-style tournaments started with each teams’ 16 greatest players of the Super Bowl era, which will be pared down by fan voting at CSNwashington.com and CSNbaltimore.com over four weekly rounds. The campaign will culminate when the “best-of-the-best” are revealed July 28, the day before NFL training camps kickoff. The matchups and results will be highlighted nightly on “Countdown to Training Camp” and across the network’s digital and social platforms throughout the month-long tournament.
ICYMI on NBC SportsWorld, NBC Sports Digital’s Long-Form Website
Ahead of NASCAR’s debut on NBC, Joe Posnanski headed out to California to spend time with six-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson. Johnson opens up about how he first fell in love with the sport, what it would mean to pass Dale Earnhardt on the all-time wins list, and why his Management By Strengths profile test might not have the results that most would expect. Click here for the long form story on NBC SportsWorld.
— NBC SPORTS DIGITAL —