The World’s First-Ever NBC Sports Grill & Brew Is Now Officially Open at Universal CityWalk
ORLANDO, Fla. (Oct. 22, 2015) – Tonight, NBC Sports commentators Bob Costas, Cris Collinsworth, Hines Ward and Michele Tafoya were joined by top sports figures to celebrate the grand opening of the first-ever NBC Sports Grill & Brew at Universal CityWalk. After walking the red carpet, the NBC Sunday Night Football travel team led attendees in a commemorative toast to mark the official opening of the all-new restaurant.
Costas, Collinsworth, Ward and Tafoya were joined by these NBC Sports commentators:
- Paul Burmeister, Co-Host, Pro Football Talk; Reporter, Football Night in America
- Mike Florio, NFL Insider, Football Night in America; Host, Pro Football Talk
- Doug Flutie, Game Analyst, Notre Dame
- Rodney Harrison, Analyst, Football Night in America & Pro Football Talk
- Keith Jones, Studio Analyst, NHL on NBC
- Rebecca Lowe, Host, Premier League on NBC
- Liam McHugh, Host, NHL on NBC, Notre Dame football & PBC
- Mike Milbury, Studio Analyst, NHL on NBC
- Jeremy Roenick, Studio Analyst, NHL on NBC
- Charlie Rymer, Co-host, Golf Channel’s Morning Drive
- Steve Sands, Reporter, Golf Channel on NBC
- Kathryn Tappen, Reporter, Notre Dame football & FNIA; Host, NHL on NBC
- Lauren Thompson, Co-host, Golf Channel’s Morning Drive
- Gary Williams, Co-host, Golf Channel’s Morning Drive
NBC Sports Grill & Brew creates an entirely new level of sports dining experience by combining the sophistication of a VIP sports suite with the excitement and adrenaline of the game. Designed to reflect the excellence of NBC Sports’ award-winning coverage, the all-new restaurant features:
- A massive, more-than-120-foot-wide HD stadium screen that towers over the entrance of the restaurant and plays some of the greatest moments in NBC Sports history
- Nearly 100 HD TV screens, so every fan can enjoy the best in live and in-depth sports coverage no matter where they sit
- An expansive menu featuring more than 75 items, including everything from the best in game day food like the “Grand Slam” burger and fire grilled chicken wings to filet mignon, grilled shrimp skewers, fresh salads and even a seven-layer “Big Banana Cake”
- Open-fire grills in the heart of the restaurant, so everyone can watch the chefs in action
- More than 100 unique beer selections, ranging from craft beers to regional brews to 862 Orlando – an exclusive draft you can only find at NBC Sports Grill & Brew
NBC Sports Grill & Brew continues the epic growth at Universal CityWalk. The two-tiered, 30-acre complex features a collection of themed restaurants, shops and nightclubs, including The Cowfish, VIVO Italian Kitchen, Emeril’s Restaurant Orlando, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food and Rising Star.
NBC Sports Grill & Brew is located just outside the entrance of Universal Studios Florida. For more information about Universal CityWalk, visit: https://www.universalorlando.com.
About Universal Orlando Resort
For 25 years, Universal Orlando Resort has been creating epic vacations for the entire family – incredible experiences that place guests in the heart of powerful stories and adventures. Guests can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, grab a Krusty burger in Springfield, join the ranks of the Minions and so much more.
Universal Orlando’s two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, are home to some of the world’s most exciting and innovative attractions. Its on-site resort hotels, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, and Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort are destinations unto themselves. Its entertainment complex, Universal CityWalk, offers dining and entertainment for every member of the family. And just minutes away is Wet ‘n Wild, a family water park.
Universal Orlando Resort has unveiled 18 new guest experiences in the past five years – powerful attractions, incredible dining opportunities and a dramatically themed hotel. And more is on the way. Coming in 2016 is Universal Orlando’s fifth on-site hotel, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort; and Skull Island: Reign of Kong, a groundbreaking attraction in Islands of Adventure. And in 2017 will come Universal’s Volcano Bay, an entirely new water theme park experience.