This season’s Big Monday presented by Bud Light men’s college basketball doubleheader will include the debut of the Atlantic Coast Conference and the return of the Big 12. Airing every Monday during conference play from January 13 to March 3, the ACC will make its debut in ESPN’s popular weekly series in the 7 p.m. ET window, prior to the Big 12 matchup at 9 p.m. The Big 12 has had a presence on Big Monday since the league’s inception in 1996-97.
All games will be available through WatchESPN, accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to Gold members and on Apple TV to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.
Featuring some of the top teams in the nation according to ESPN.com writer Jason King’s preseason top 25 poll, the Big Monday schedule has several highlights:
· New league members Notre Dame, Pitt and No. 9 Syracuse will be featured at least once in the series, including Notre Dame at 2013 Final Four participant Syracuse on Feb. 3.
· North Carolina, projected No. 12 nationally, will be showcased three times, including its final Big Monday game against Notre Dame on March 3.
· Preseason No. 6 Duke will play in two January games – at home vs. Virginia on Jan. 13 and at Pittsburgh on Jan. 27.
o Duke adds Jabari Parker to its roster in 2013-14 – ranked No. 2 nationally by ESPN.com
· Virginia highlights the schedule with three appearances, while Maryland will make two.
· Oklahoma State, slated at No. 11 in preseason polls, will play in four of the last six weeks on the schedule, including closing out the Big Monday schedule against Kansas State on March 3.
· Ranked in the early polls at No. 5 nationally, Kansas also dons the schedule four times.
o The Jayhawks will feature one of the top incoming freshman in the nation in No. 1 ranked Andrew Wiggins by ESPN.com
· Preseason No. 19 and 2013 NIT Champions Baylor will make two appearances – at Kansas on Jan. 20 and at home vs. Oklahoma State on Feb. 17.
· In a rematch of one of last year’s most exciting Big 12 contests, No. 25 Iowa State will open the Big Monday schedule on Jan. 13 at home against Kansas before traveling to Oklahoma State on Feb. 3.
Overall, ESPN outlets will offer more than 100 games from both conferences during the 2013-14 season. Full conference schedules will be release in the coming weeks.
2014 ESPN Big Monday presented by Bud Light Men’s Basketball Schedule
Note: All game televised on ESPN (Schedule subject to change)
|January 13||7 p.m.||Virginia at Duke|
|9 p.m.||Kansas at Iowa State|
|January 20||7 p.m.||North Carolina at Virginia|
|9 p.m.||Baylor at Kansas|
|January 27||7 p.m.||Duke at Pitt|
|9 p.m.||Oklahoma State at Oklahoma|
|February 3||7 p.m.||Notre Dame at Syracuse|
|9 p.m.||Iowa State at Oklahoma State|
|February 10||7 p.m.||Maryland at Virginia|
|9 p.m.||Kansas at Kansas State|
|February 17||7 p.m.||North Carolina at Florida State|
|9 p.m.||Oklahoma State at Baylor|
|February 24||7 p.m.||Syracuse at Maryland|
|9 p.m.||Oklahoma at Kansas|
|March 3||7 p.m.||Notre Dame at North Carolina|
|9 p.m.||Kansas State at Oklahoma State|