ORLANDO, Fla. (May 5, 2017) – World Golf Hall of Fame member Hale Irwin will join David Feherty on his self-titled, Emmy-nominated “Outstanding Weekly Studio Show” – Feherty presented by Farmers Insurance® – premiering Monday, May 8 at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel.
The 20-time PGA Tour winner and all-time leader in PGA TOUR Champions victories (45) joins the Emmy-nominated television personality to discuss a number of topics over the course of the interview, including:
- The opportunity for professionals – like him – to find new success through a “second career” after turning 50 and earning eligibility on the PGA TOUR Champions
- Recalling his match against Bernhard Langer at the “War by the Shore” 1991 Ryder Cup
- A strong belief that golf’s governing bodies should “roll back” the golf ball
- What about his game made him seemingly built to win the U.S. Open (three times)
- Comparing and contrasting football to golf; recounting his days as a multi-sport athlete at the University of Colorado, as a defensive back and NCAA Individual national champion
- A belief in his own work ethic, and how he wasn’t going to be “out-efforted,” knowing his talent alone didn’t necessarily size up against the best in the game during his era
In addition to Irwin, another upcoming episode of Feherty will feature All-Star point guard for the Golden State Warriors, Stephen Curry (Monday, May 15 at 9 p.m. ET).
Described as “golf’s iconoclast,” by Rolling Stone, and “the last unscripted man on TV,” by Men’s Journal, Feherty is coming off a banner year in 2016. Highlights include: sitting down with now four U.S. Presidents: Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump; serving as an NBC Olympic correspondent in Rio; appearing on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon; being profiled on the Emmy award-winning HBO original series, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel; and playing a key role in NBC Sports’ unprecedented 12-week stretch of premier golf events beginning with The Open and concluding with the Ryder Cup.
-NBC Sports Group-