Complementing the Network’s Week-Long Golf Central Live From the PGA
Championship Coverage, Episode to Feature Interview with Three-Time Major
Winner Jordan Spieth from Bellerive Ahead of Career Grand Slam Pursuit
St. Louis Sports Icons Ozzie Smith & Joe Buck to Join Vantage Point
to Discuss Influence of Golf in Greater St. Louis Metropolitan Area
- LOUIS, (Aug. 7, 2018) – Premiering Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET on Golf Channel from Bellerive Country Club in St. Louis, NBC Sports’ award-winning host Mike Tirico will help set the stage ahead of the 100th PGA Championship on Vantage Point with Mike Tirico. An extension of the network’s Golf Central Live From the PGA Championship coverage throughout the week, Vantage Point will be led by a conversation between Tirico and three-time major champion Jordan Spieth, who will be vying for the career Grand Slam at Bellerive.
“I’m really looking forward to our show from Bellerive,” said Tirico. “From Jordan trying to make history, to two names synonymous with St. Louis sports, and some insight into this year’s biggest topics in golf, it’s a great mix of personalities that we’ve lined up for the hour.”
Vantage Point additionally will recount signature PGA Championship moments from year’s past and uncover personal stories relevant to the fabric of the week. Other highlights within the show will include:
- A feature on St. Louis’ golf legacy, followed by a discussion with St. Louis sports icons Ozzie Smith and Joe Buck on golf’s influence in the Greater St. Louis Metropolitan area.
- A feature that considers whether Tiger Woods can win another major championship, including assertions from Golf Channel’s Brandel Chamblee and Jaime Diaz.
- Golf Channel’s Sean Foley joining Tirico to offer his take on the current landscape in the professional game, and weighing in on golf’s current crop of stars.
- An interview with Suzy Whaley (Vice President, PGA of America).
Vantage Point with Mike Tirico will complement the network’s Golf Central Live From the PGA Championship coverage, which will feature more than 60 live hours of comprehensive news coverage throughout the week.
-NBC Sports Group-