Up to 55 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Games on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN360.com; Begins May 29 First Time ESPNU in High Definition; ESPN360.com to Simulcast Every ESPN & ESPN2 Telecast; Content Across Social Networking Sites to be Incorporated ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU will televise up to 55 games of the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship from May 29 to June 24, including complete coverage from two Regional and all eight Super Regional sites and every College World Series game. ESPN360.com will simulcast every ESPN and ESPN2 telecast. ESPNU will offer both Regional series in high definition on ESPNU HD, marking the first time a Regional or Super Regional series will be televised in high definition. For the seventh straight year, ESPN and ESPN2 will combine to televise the entire Men’s College World Series from Omaha, Neb. (June 13-24), including the best-of-three Series Final, with every game in high definition on ESPN HD or ESPN2 HD. In addition to traditional coverage, ESPN.com and other digital platforms will include unique, original coverage from the College World Series. In addition to its own digital platforms, ESPN will utilize social networking sites Facebook (ESPN College World Series) and Twitter (will be launched as http://twitter.com/ESPN_CWSKyle) to provide fans with updates and behind-the-scenes insight into the Tournament. Details include:
- Select teams will receive flip cameras to personally capture their journey to Omaha. ESPN.com will feature “best of” flipcam video clips, with extended footage available on both Facebook and ESPN.com. The initial eight teams are UC Irvine, Georgia, Florida State, Texas, Cal State Fullerton, LSU North Carolina and Arizona State.
- ESPN.com and the College World Series Facebook page will also serve as a location for fans to post comments and photos, and play trivia games.
- ESPN analyst Kyle Peterson will provide commentary, updates, his perspective of the action and baseball news via Twitter from the Super Regionals through the conclusion of the College World Series.
Coverage will begin Friday, May 29 with four Regional games from two sites on ESPNU. The Tallahassee, Fla. site will include Ohio State vs. Georgia at noon ET and Marist vs. Florida State at 4 p.m. The Irvine, Calif. site will be highlighted by San Diego State, led by pitcher Stephen Strasburg who is 13-0 with a 1.24 ERA and expected to be the number one overall draft pick in the upcoming MLB Draft, vs. Virginia at 7 p.m. and 2008 College World Series Champion Fresno State vs. UC Irvine at 11 p.m. Five of the eight analysts working the Regionals and Super Regionals have played in the College World Series, highlighted by one who won the National Championship (Morgan Ensberg with USC in 1998): Robin Ventura (Oklahoma State), Kyle Peterson (Stanford), Phil Nevin (Cal-State Fullerton) and Keith Moreland (Texas).
- Regionals: For the fifth consecutive year, ESPNU will offer complete coverage of two Regional sites (May 29-June 1), beginning with four games on Friday, May 29:
- Each site will feature four teams competing in a double-elimination format and each site winner (a total of 16 sites) will advance to the Super Regionals.
- Clay Matvick and Peterson will work games from the Tallahassee. Fla. site while Justin Kutcher and Nevin will call games from the Irvine, Calif. site.
- Super Regionals: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN360.com will combine to televise every game of the eight best-of-three Super Regional sites (up to 24 games) June 5-8:
- Up to eight of ESPN and ESPN2’s possible 12 windows will feature two games and whip-around to the best action from both games for viewers in most of the nation (except in the home market of the competing teams where the game of local interest will be the primary telecast).
- ESPNU will televise at least eight games, including four games exclusively. In addition, the network will simulcast an ESPN2 Game 3 telecast.
- Each Super Regional winner will advance to the College World Series.
- Coverage will feature eight commentator teams (site assignments are to be determined): Matvick and Peterson; Kutcher and Ensberg; Dan McLaughlin and Ventura; Dave Ryan and Mike Rooney; Bob Wischusen and Brian Jordan; Mike Gleason and Jim Bowden; Eric Collins and Moreland; and Pam Ward and Eric Young.
- College World Series: For the seventh straight year, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN360.com will combine to televise the entire College World Series (up to 17 games), including the best-of-three College World Series Finals. ESPN’s 30th consecutive year of coverage will begin June 13 and conclude June 24.
- Every ESPN and ESPN2 game will be offered in high definition on ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD.
- For the second year, all three games of the Championship Series will be televised live in primetime (Monday, June 22 to Wednesday, June 24).
- Commentator teams include Mike Patrick or Sean McDonough with analyst Orel Hershiser and reporter Erin Andrews; Karl Ravech or Sean McDonough with analyst Robin Ventura and reporter Kyle Peterson.
- Patrick will call the Championship Series with Hershiser, Ventura, Andrews and Peterson.
SportsCenter From Omaha In addition to game coverage, Karl Ravech and Erin Andrews will rotate as hosts of live segments from Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha for SportsCenter June 15-17. College World Series Production Elements ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN360.com’s coverage of the Men’s College World Series will feature several notable production elements:
- For the second year, O.A.R’s single This Town from their album All Sides will be utilized throughout the coverage.
- Similar to ESPN’s Major League Baseball coverage, ESPN and ESPN2 will utilize an on-field handheld camera on College World Series telecasts for the third year. The handheld camera will bring viewers closer to the action with in-game live shots of home run celebrations, head coaches’ trips to the mound, batters in the on-deck circle and more.
- Every umpire will wear a microphone for live and short turn-around audio, capturing the sounds of the game from all angles on the field.
NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Schedule NCAA Baseball Regionals Presented on ESPNU by Capital One
|Fri., 5/29||noon||ESPNU HD||Ohio State vs. Georgia (from Tallahassee, Fla.)||1||Matvick and Peterson|
|Fri., 5/29||4 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Marist vs. Florida State (Tallahassee)||2||Matvick and Peterson|
|Fri., 5/29||7 p.m.||ESPNU HD||San Diego State vs. Virginia (from Irvine, Calif.)||1||Kutcher and Nevin|
|Fri., 5/29||11 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Fresno State vs. UC Irvine (Irvine)||2||Kutcher and Nevin|
|Sat., 5/30||noon||ESPNU HD||Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2 (Tallahassee)||3||Matvick and Peterson|
|Sat., 5/30||4 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2 (Tallahassee)||4||Matvick and Peterson|
|Sat., 5/30||7 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2 (Irvine)||3||Kutcher and Nevin|
|Sat., 5/30||11 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2 (Irvine)||4||Kutcher and Nevin|
|Sun., 5/31||noon||ESPNU HD||Winner Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4 (Tallahassee)||5||Matvick and Peterson|
|Sun., 5/31||4 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5 (Tallahassee)||6||Matvick and Peterson|
|Sun., 5/31||7 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Winner Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4 (Irvine)||5||Kutcher and Nevin|
|Sun., 5/31||11 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5 (Irvine)||6||Kutcher and Nevin|
|Mon., 6/1||7 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5 (Tallahassee)||7*||Matvick and Peterson|
|Mon., 6/1||11 p.m.||ESPNU HD||Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5 (Irvine)||7*||Kutcher and Nevin|
* If necessary Road to Omaha Super Regionals Presented on ESPN by Capital One Date Time (ET) Network Matchup
|Fri., 6/5||noon||ESPN / ESPN360.com||Site 1 – Game 1|
|Fri., 6/5||2 p.m.||ESPN2 / ESPN360.com||Site 2 – Game 1|
|Fri., 6/5||7 p.m.||ESPN / ESPN360.com||Site 3 – Game 1|
|Fri., 6/5||10:30 p.m.||ESPN2 / ESPN360.com||Site 4 – Game 1|
|Sat., 6/6||noon||ESPNU||Site 5 – Game 1|
|Sat., 6/6||noon||ESPN2 / ESPN360.com**||Site 1 – Game 2|
|Site 2 – Game 2|
|Sat., 6/6||3 p.m.||ESPNU||Site 6 – Game 1|
|Sat., 6/6||6 p.m.||ESPNU||Site 7 – Game 1|
|Sat., 6/6||5 p.m.||ESPN / ESPN360.com**||Site 3 – Game 2|
|Site 4 – Game 2|
|Sat., 6/6||9 p.m.||ESPNU||Site 8 – Game 1|
|Sun., 6/7||noon||ESPN / ESPNU / ESPN360.com**||Site 5 – Game 2 ^|
|Site 1 – Game 3*|
|Sun., 6/7||3 p.m.||ESPN / ESPNU / ESPN360.com**||Site 6 – Game 2 ^|
|Site 2 – Game 3*|
|Sun., 6/7||7 p.m.||ESPN2 / ESPNU / ESPN360.com**||Site 7 – Game 2 ^|
|Site 3 – Game 3*|
|Sun., 6/7||10 p.m.||ESPN2 / ESPNU / ESPN360.com**||Site 8 – Game 2 ^|
|Site 4 – Game 3*|
|Mon., 6/8||1 p.m.||ESPN / ESPN360.com**||Site 5 – Game 3*|
|Site 6 – Game 3*|
|Mon., 6/8||7 p.m.||ESPN2 / ESPN360.com**||Site 7 – Game 3* %|
|Site 8 – Game 3* %|
* If necessary ** ESPN and ESPN2 will showcase two games within one window and “whip-around” to the best action from those games in most of the nation. Viewers in the home markets of the competing teams will receive their local game in its entirety with constant updates from the other game. ^ ESPNU will offer complete coverage of Game 2 while ESPN will provide “whip-around” action % ESPNU will simulcast Game 3 from Site 7 or Site 8 if no Game 3 from Site 7 College World Series Schedule Date Time (ET) Network Game Matchup Commentators
|Sat., 6/13||2 p.m.||ESPN HD / ESPN360.com||1||Game 1 – TBD||Ravech, Ventura and Peterson|
|Sat., 6/13||7 p.m.||ESPN HD / ESPN360.com||2||Game 2 – TBD||Patrick, Hershiser and Andrews|
|Sun., 6/14||2 p.m.||ESPN HD / ESPN360.com||3||Game 3 – TBD||Ravech, Ventura and Peterson|
|Sun., 6/14||7 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||4||Game 4 – TBD||McDonough, Hershiser and Andrews|
|Mon., 6/15||2 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||5||Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2||Ravech, Ventura and Peterson|
|Mon., 6/15||7 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||6||Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2||Patrick, Hershiser and Andrews|
|Tue., 6/16||2 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||7||Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4||Ravech, Ventura and Peterson|
|Tue., 6/16||7 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||8||Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4||McDonough, Hershiser and Andrews|
|Wed., 6/17||7 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||9||Loser Game 6 vs. Winner Game 5||Patrick, Hershiser and Peterson|
|Thu., 6/18||7 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||10||Loser Game 8 vs. Winner Game 7||McDonough, Ventura and Peterson|
|Fri., 6/19||2 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||11||Winner Game 9 vs. Winner Game 6||Patrick, Hershiser and Peterson|
|Fri., 6/19||7 p.m.||ESPN2 HD / ESPN360.com||12||Winner Game 10 vs. Winner Game 8||McDonough, Ventura and Peterson|
|Sat., 6/20||2 p.m.||ESPN HD / ESPN360.com||13||If necessary||Patrick, Hershiser and Andrews|
|Sat., 6/20||7 p.m.||ESPN HD / ESPN360.com||14||If necessary||McDonough, Ventura and Peterson|
|Mon., 6/22||7 p.m.||ESPN HD / ESPN360.com||1||Series Final||Patrick, Hershiser, Ventura, Andrews and Peterson|
|Tue., 6/23||7 p.m.||ESPN HD / ESPN360.com||2||Series Final||Patrick, Hershiser, Ventura, Andrews and Peterson|
|Wed., 6/24||7 p.m.||ESPN HD / ESPN360.com||3 *||Series Final||Patrick, Hershiser, Ventura, Andrews and Peterson|
* If necessary -30-