into Unique Look at Everything Baseball &Boston Red Sox
BURLINGTON, MA, June 27, 2013 – The Red Sox season is in full swing and Comcast SportsNet is introducing a fresh new baseball program for fans across New England. On Monday, July 1st at 8:30PM/ET, Comcast SportsNet will debut its newest original series “The Show”– a 90-minute baseball program that leverages social media and technology to examine what’s trending and what’s hot with the Red Sox and Major League Baseball, every Monday night in primetime for eight weeks.
“The Show” presented by Cumberland Farms, will originate from the studios in Burlington, MA and will be hosted by Comcast SportsNet’s Trenni Kusnierek with panelists Chris Gasper (Boston Globe), Marc Bertrand (The Sports Hub) and Rich Levine (CSNNE.com). The format will be similar to Comcast SportNet’s long-running signature baseball program “The Baseball Show” but with an interesting twist and perspective exclusively from the younger fan-base.This exclusive panel of baseball writers and experts, along with weekly guests, will talk Red Sox and key happenings around the league, and will respond totweets and posts from viewers throughout the show.
“The Show” earned its title based on baseball’s age-old tradition of young talent making it to the Big Leagues — otherwise known as “The Show”– and, similarly, this new program will bring a group of young, talented individuals together to analyze anything and everything Red Sox baseball.
Following are some of the regular elements planned for each episode:
- H#sh It Out – Talent will put out their Twitter hashtag of choice that hits on whatever topic they are passionate about that week (e.g. #JoseMustStay). They will then encourage viewers to reply and interact, turning it into a friendly competition to see who can generate the
- most re-tweets by end of the week.
- Beyond the Boxscore – Through vignettes and social media, this segment will tackle a hot and timely topic for the week that goes beyond what is in the traditional box score.
- Rank ‘Em – Using CSN’S exclusive, state-of-the-art touch screen, the panel will ask fans and tweeters for their selections and rationale behind ranking certain players/teams.
- A Little Pop – Talent will search social media for the hottest topics for baseball and pop culture that week and will spend time discussing.
- Brushback – Towards the end of each show, talent will have a “rebuttal” opportunity to respond to something questionable that was said earlier by one of the other panelists.
- Mystery Guest – Each week will feature a special cameo appearance via phone from someone who played at least one game in a Boston Red Sox uniform. The guest will be a surprise to even the panelists!
- Squeeze Play – Kusnierek moderates a ‘mock debate’ between two panelists. The curve ball is that the talent will not know if they will be debating for or against the issue until told by Kusnierek. Twitter feedback and the third panelist will determine who “wins” the debate.
About Comcast SportsNet New England
Comcast SportsNet New England reaches more than 4 million households in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Comcast SportsNet’s programming includes the Boston Celtics, New England Revolution, Chevrolet SportsNet Central, UNO’S Sports Tonight, Sports Sunday, Celtics Now, Celtics Courtside Club, The Baseball Show, Cross Check, New England Tailgate, New England Football Night, Football Day in New England including pre and post-game programs surrounding all Patriots games, CAA football, basketball and more. CSNNE.com, the online home of Comcast SportsNet, provides continuous news, video and in-depth, up-to-the-minute coverage of New England sports. Comcast SportsNet New England is part of the NBC Sports Group. Visit www.csnne.com for more information. Check local listings for the specific channel location for your area.
# # #