Official Satellite Radio Partner of NASCAR will provide listeners with the live race call plus access to in-car audio on additional Driver2Crew Chatter™ channels
SIRIUS NASCAR Radio channel 128 to broadcast live daily from Daytona Int’l Speedway
On race day, listeners will hear 15 hours of live coverage of the 51st running of the Daytona 500
NEW YORK – February 12, 2009 – SIRIUS XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI), the Official Satellite Radio Partner of NASCAR, announced today that it will provide comprehensive coverage of the 2009 Daytona 500 on SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, the only radio channel dedicated to NASCAR 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, available nationwide on SIRIUS channel 128 and now on XM channel 128 with the “Best of SIRIUS” programming package, will broadcast live from Daytona International Speedway throughout NASCAR Speedweeks offering every race, including the Daytona 500, plus live talk, news, analysis and interviews every day.
On Sunday, February 15, SIRIUS XM will provide listeners with 15 hours of live coverage of the 51st running of the Daytona 500 starting at 9:00 am ET. SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will present live play-by-play of all the action on the track from the moment the green flag drops to the waving of the checkered flag, plus full pre- and post-race coverage that will include expert analysis, reports from pit road and the garages, driver introductions and interviews with the race winner and other competitors.
SIRIUS XM will also offer additional Driver2Crew Chatter™ channels that will carry the in-car audio of NASCAR’s top drivers as they compete in The Great American Race. Driver2Crew Chatter™ channels combine the race broadcast with the pit crew communications, allowing fans to follow the overall race call and the in-car audio of a driver on a single channel. The “Fan’s Choice” channel will feature the in-car audio of a driver determined by fans who log on to www.sirius.com/nascar and vote from a selection of competitors.
For this weekend’s Daytona 500, SIRIUS subscribers and XM subscribers with the “Best of SIRIUS” programming package can hear the following:
- Live race call provided by MRN – SIRIUS 128 / XM 128
- Jimmie Johnson in-car audio – SIRIUS 121 / XM 102
- Tony Stewart in-car audio – SIRIUS 125 / XM 103
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. in-car audio – SIRIUS 126 / XM 104
- Jeff Gordon in-car audio – SIRIUS 127 / XM 105
- Fan’s Choice (Driver TBD) – SIRIUS 113 / XM 106
SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will also provide live coverage of both Gatorade Duels, the 150 mile NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying races, on Thursday, Feb. 12 (1:15 pm ET), the Camping World Truck Series race on Friday, Feb. 13 (7:30 pm ET), and the NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Saturday, Feb. 14 (12:45 pm ET).
SIRIUS NASCAR Radio hosts will broadcast live from Daytona International Speedway throughout Speedweeks with shows that will air live from the “Fan Deck” atop the Cup garage, providing NASCAR fans with exclusive interviews, news and expert analysis.
SIRIUS NASCAR Radio’s daily weekday lineup begins at 7:00 am ET with The Morning Drive (7:00 – 11:00 am ET), hosted by Mike Bagley and David Poole, followed by Tradin’ Paint (11:00am – 3:00pm ET), hosted by Steve Post, Rick Benjamin, Danny “Chocolate” Myers, and Hall of Famer Buddy Baker, then SIRIUS Speedway (3:00 – 7:00 pm ET), hosted by Dave Moody. Late Shift, hosted by Alex Hayden and Buddy Baker, airs Mondays and Tuesdays (7:00 – 10:00 pm ET), followed on Monday night by Mojo Nixon’s Manifold Destiny (10:00 pm – midnight ET).
Wednesday through Friday (7:00 – 10:00 pm ET), Claire B. Lang hosts Dialed In. Lang has hosted Dialed In on XM Radio since 2001 and has been a fixture in the NASCAR garage every weekend, providing her listeners with up-to-the-moment news and interviews.
Lang, Steve Post and Alex Hayden, three of the best reporters covering NASCAR today, will team up for SIRIUS NASCAR Radio’s pre- and post race shows to give NASCAR fans a comprehensive view of everything on, inside and around the track every weekend.
On Monday, February 16, The Morning Drive will broadcast live from the Daytona 500 Experience at the speedway where hosts Mike Bagley and David Poole will conduct live in-person interviews with the 2009 Daytona 500 Champion driver, crew chief and team owner.
SIRIUS NASCAR Radio / ch. 128 – Daytona 500 Week Schedule: (All times ET)
· 7:00 am – 11:00 am: “The Morning Drive,” hosted by Mike Bagley and David Poole
· 11:00 am – 3:00 pm: “Tradin’ Paint,” hosted by Steve Post/Rick Benjamin/Chocolate Myers/Buddy Baker
· 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm: “SIRIUS Speedway,” hosted by Dave Moody
· 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm: “Dialed In” hosted by Claire B. Lang
· 1:15 pm: NASCAR Sprint Cup Gatorade Duels (race broadcasts preempt regularly scheduled programming
· 7:30 pm: NextEra Energy Resources 250 Camping World Truck Series Race (race broadcast preempts regularly scheduled programming
· 9:00 am – 12:45 pm: “The Front Stretch” hosted by Pat Patterson
· 12:45 pm – 4:00 pm: Camping World 300 Presented by Chevrolet NASCAR Nationwide Series Race
· 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm: “Press Pass” hosted by Alex Hayden and Steve Post
· 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm: “Dialed In” hosted by Claire B. Lang
· 9:00 am – 11:30 am: “The Front Stretch” hosted by Pat Patterson
· 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: “SIRIUS NASCAR Radio Pre-Race Show” hosted by Claire B. Lang and Steve Post
· 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm (approx): Daytona 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race
· 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm: “SIRIUS NASCAR Radio Post-Race Show” hosted by Steve Post, Alex Hayden and Claire B. Lang
· 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm: “The Back Stretch” hosted by Pat Patterson and Claire B. Lang
· 7:00 am – 11:00 am: “The Morning Drive,” hosted by Mike Bagley and David Poole live from the Daytona 500 Experience at the speedway.
(Schedule subject to change.)
As the Official Satellite Radio Partner of NASCAR, SIRIUS broadcasts every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. Fans can also tune into SIRIUS NASCAR Radio for expert NASCAR talk all year long on SIRIUS channel 128 and now on XM channel 128 with the “Best of SIRIUS” programming package.
XM subscribers can add “The Best of SIRIUS” channels by calling 1-866-9SIRIXM (866-974-7496) or go to XMRadio.com for complete details.