McIlroy Headlines Series’ Debut, Shot on Location at the World-Renowned Junior Invitational at Sage Valley Golf Club
Two-Time PGA TOUR Winner Cameron Champ Scheduled for GOLFPASS’ Second Pop-Up GOLF Clinic
ORLANDO, Fla. (Oct. 21, 2019) – Debuting today exclusively on GOLFPASS, Pop-Up GOLF Clinic is a new instructional series produced on-location at select golf clinics around the world and capturing some of golf’s biggest stars sharing their best golf tips and advice. The Pop-Up GOLF Clinic series can be found in the “Learn” section at GOLFPASS.com.
Representing the series’ first clinic, Pop-Up GOLF Clinic with Rory McIlroy was shot at Sage Valley Golf Club during this year’s Junior Invitational, an annual tournament attracting the best junior golfers in the world. With GOLF Channel Analyst Brandel Chamblee serving as host, the clinic features McIlroy in eight separate episodes during which he doles out tips and advice on driving technique, shot-shaping, and more. He also competes with some of the juniors in skills challenges on the range. Among the juniors appearing with McIlroy during the series is Akshay Bhatia, the 17-year-old prodigy from Wake Forest, N.C., who recently made his professional debut at the Sanderson Farms Championship on the PGA TOUR.
The next Pop-Up GOLF Clinic will feature two-time PGA TOUR winner Cameron Champ, a Nike Golf Athlete whose emotional victory at the Safeway Open in late September made headlines around the world.
Toptracer technology, which displays the flight of a golf ball digitally and is regularly seen on GOLF Channel tournament coverage, is also being used regularly within Pop-Up GOLF Clinic.
GOLFPASS IS DESIGNED FOR TODAY’S GOLFER: Now available in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland and Australia, GOLFPASS’ ever-growing list of additional perks and benefits also includes:
• Monthly tee-time credit toward a round of golf at a choice of more than 7,000 GOLFNOW partner golf courses in 26 countries around the world.
• Access to more than 4,000 on-demand instruction videos featuring many of the world’s elite coaches, including Michael Bannon (McIlroy’s coach), Sean Foley (Justin Rose’s coach) and Chris Como, and includes tips from golf legends like Paul Azinger, Nick Faldo, Gary Player, Annika Sorenstam and more. Other GOLFPASS benefits include special pricing and early access to Revolution GOLF Schools, and golf-specific fitness and training programs, including Core Golf with Don Saladino.
• Opportunity to shop more than 70 top brands, including Linksoul, J. Lindeberg, as well as American icon Bill Murray’s golf lifestyle brand, William Murray Golf. Members also can take advantage of exclusive member pricing on clubs, apparel, accessories, digital instructional tools and training aids. Shipping is free in North America.
• Unlimited $100 travel credits at a selection of top resorts, and insider travel information and custom itineraries built from GOLF Advisor experiences at more than 10,000 golf destinations around the world.
• Access to a video library totaling more than 1,000 hours, including GOLFPASS originals, featuring McIlroy and other notable personalities, as well as GOLF Channel’s robust video archive, which spans historic competitions, insight from golf’s biggest names and award-winning franchises like Emmy-nominated Feherty, GOLF Films and more.
Providing more of everything golfers love about the game, a GOLFPASS membership is unmatched in golf and available for $99 per year or $9.99 per month via GOLFPASS.com and via connected TV, iOS and Android apps.
-NBC Sports Group-