– “We are seeing a comfortable, trusting, and relaxed Tom Brady that is more dependent on his wide receivers. [Now,] he trusts his receivers to make the play.” – Deion Sanders on New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady who is playing with a cast of new receivers this season
– “You don’t earn another player’s trust in games; you earn another player’s trust in practice.” – Deion Sanders on how a team builds chemistry throughout a season
– “I’ve been waiting for Joe Haden to emerge as one of the elite corners. Today, he took the assignment and the initiative [saying,] ‘I want one of the best, A.J. Green, one-on-one’ and got it. He flipped sides, played right corner, left corner. I love his swagger on the field.” – Deion Sanders on Cleveland Browns cornerback Joe Haden who faced Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green today
– “I want to love Matt Schaub, but I can only continue to like him because he does this every week.” – Deion Sanders on Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub who threw an interception which was returned for a touchdown for the third consecutive week
– “When it comes down to it and you need to make a play… Matt Schaub never makes that step to propel his team to victory.” – Deion Sanders on Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub
– “The Seattle Seahawks had a championship performance.” – LaDainian Tomlinson on the Seattle Seahawks who overcame a 20-3 deficit to defeat the Houston Texans in overtime
– “Reggie Bush is a great space rusher. If he continues to be patient between the tackles, with what Calvin Johnson brings [to the passing game, ] he is going to have opportunities in the draw and screen game [all season.]” – Marshall Faulk on Detroit Lions running back Reggie Bush and the Lions offense
– “You can give the league MVP to Peyton Manning right now.” – Deion Sanders on Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning who has 16 touchdown passes in the first four games of the season.
– “We need to start considering Demaryius Thomas as one of the best wide receivers in the NFL.” – Michael Irvin on the Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas
– “Philip Rivers looked like Peyton Manning’s twin [directing the offense] against the Dallas Cowboys.” – Michael Irvin on San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers who led the Chargers to a 30-21 win over the Dallas Cowboys
– “No one attacks the ball in the end zone like Dez Bryant does.” – Deion Sanders on Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant who had two touchdown receptions against the San Diego Chargers
On NFL.com the following video clips from NFL GameDay Highlights & NFL GameDay Final are available for viewing:
– Can the Broncos go 16-0?: The NFL GameDay Final analysts debate if Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning can lead his team to an undefeated season:
– Michael Irvin on Patriots’ Bill Belichick: Michael Irvin explains what he thinks makes New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick ‘One of the baddest dudes in the world:’
About NFL GameDay Highlights
Every Sunday evening at 7:30 PM ET, NFL Network recaps the afternoon action with NFL GameDay Highlights. Host Chris Rose and analysts Deion Sanders, Steve Mariucci and LaDainian Tomlinson provide highlights, analysis and set the stage for Sunday Night Football.
About NFL GameDay Final
Every Sunday night at 11:30 PM ET, recap the complete day in the NFL with NFL GameDay Final. Host Chris Rose and analysts Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin put the definitive exclamation point on Sundays providing unlimited highlights of all the games, plus post-game press conferences, interviews from the field and locker room, audio captured throughout the day and expert analysis.