PGATOUR.COM Tees Off Exclusive Coverage of Tiger Woods’ Return to the PGA TOUR Beginning on Wednesday, February 25 During Accenture Match Play Championship
Comprehensive online hole-by-hole video, audio, scoring and editorial coverage available exclusively on PGATOUR.COM
PGATOUR.COM, the online home of the PGA TOUR, will offer comprehensive live coverage of Tiger Woods’ return to the PGA TOUR this week during his first tournament in eight months at the World Golf Championships – Accenture Match Play Championship beginning on Wednesday, February 25. For the first time, the event is scheduled to feature all 64 of the world’s top-ranked players. For the benefit of fans, PGATOUR.COM will unveil a ‘Tiger Returns’ microsite to provide real-time updates and exclusive online video content highlighting Woods’ first event since the 2008 U.S. Open. The site will be the only online destination with hole-by-hole video coverage, a live scorecard, a live swing-by-swing blog from a PGATOUR.COM writer, live tournament bracket scoring, live audio streaming coverage and all of Woods’ news conferences throughout the tournament.
“Tiger Woods is one of the world’s premier athletes and his return to the PGA TOUR is newsworthy and captivating to all sports fans,” said Matthew Hong, vice president and general manager of sports digital for Turner Sports. “Fans rely on PGATOUR.COM for the most comprehensive tournament coverage and we continue in our mission to offer the best live experience, delivered in the most innovative package, for all the sport’s biggest news and events.”
Exclusive features of PGATOUR.COM’s coverage include:
- Hole-by-hole video wrap-ups allows fans to watch highlights of every hole online during Woods’ opening match(es) with video posted shortly after completion of each hole.
- Live scorecard highlights Woods’ performance during the exciting match-play event and tracks all the matches.
- Live, inside the ropes blog provides up-to-the-minute coverage from PGATOUR.COM’s T.J. Auclair who will write first hand accounts of the event’s golf action as well as the atmosphere of the tournament, giving fans an inside-the-ropes experience from their computers.
- Live tournament bracket scoring tracks the winners of each round and indicates their next opponent.
- Highlights and interviews recap each day of the tournament and offer the perspective from Woods himself on his day’s performance.
The official Web site of the PGA TOUR, PGATOUR.COM was launched in 1997 to serve the growing needs of golf fans. In 2007, the PGA TOUR partnered with Turner Sports to co-produce the site. With an international fan base following the action of the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour, PGATOUR.COM is the number one site in golf. PGATOUR.COM features official real-time scoring, world-class editorial content, exclusive LIVE@ multimedia coverage and its complete PGA TOUR archive of stats.
Turner Sports, Inc., a Time Warner company, presents some of the best and most popular sporting events worldwide and is a leader in televised and online sports programming. With events airing on TBS and TNT, Turner Sports’ line-up includes NASCAR and NASCAR.COM, the NBA, Major League Baseball, professional golf, PGATOUR.COM and PGA.com. Turner Sports also manages operations for NBA Digital, which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, WNBA.com, NBADLeague.com and NBA League Pass.