PGATOUR.COM, the online home of the PGA TOUR, once again streamed nearly 2.5 million videos in one day to reach the previous record set for its online coverage of the World Golf Championships – Accenture Match Play Championship. This marks a two-day high for the site with nearly 5 million videos accessed by users (Feb. 25: 2,504,820; Feb. 26: 2,484,664). PGATOUR.COM also experienced a traffic surge with nearly 1.1 million unique users, the biggest traffic day ever for a non-major event, second only to the U.S. Open playoff between Woods and Rocco Mediate (1.5 million) on Monday, June 16, 2008. In addition, PGATOUR.COM recorded 19 million page views, up 28% from the second round of the 2008 Accenture Match Play (15 million) in which Woods ultimately was crowned champion.
Round two highlights from Accenture Match Play:
· 1.1 million unique users, a 72% increase over last year’s second round.
· 2.5 million videos streamed, tying the record set during round one of Accenture Match Play.
· 19 million page views, a 28% increase over last year’s second round.
Round one and two highlights from Accenture Match Play:
· More than 1 million uniques averaged over two days of coverage, a 93% increase over last year.
· Total page views are 43 million, a 67% increase over first two days of coverage last year.
Data source: Omniture and PGA TOUR for historical data