THANKSGIVING EDITION OF NFL GAMEDAY MORNING
NFL GameDay Morning – Thursday at 10:00 AM ET
Spend Thanksgiving morning with NFL Network as we air a special edition of NFL GameDay Morning at 10:00 AM ET leading into a triple-header of NFL games.
Host Rich Eisen is joined by NFL analysts Kurt Warner, Warren Sapp, Steve Mariucci, Michael Irvin and Marshall Faulk for the two-and-a-half hour special.
Featured this week on NFL GameDay Morning:
- Feature on Green Bay Packers wide receiver James Jones
o James Jones spent the majority of his childhood homeless in San Jose, California. NFL Network reporter Kimberly Jones catches up with the Packers receiver to talk about his upbringing and how the experience shaped his life and his current impact in the community.
o Learn how Jones’ foundation – Love Jones 4 Kids – helps the homeless in both Green Bay and San Jose.
o Interview with James and Beth Leary – executive directors of the San Jose Family Shelter. Jones lived at the Shelter when he was a child.
- A historical look at why the NFL started to play football on Thanksgiving
- Return of Jive Turkey
o NFL Network analysts look back at their predictions thus far in 2013 and decide if they want to continue to believe in them or decide it is time to take them back.
o 2012 edition of Jive Turkey: http://on.nfl.com/193kYjA
- Live reports
- Michelle Beisner from Detroit for Packers-Lions
- Desmond Purnell from Dallas for Raiders-Cowboys
Rich Eisen Talks With Twitter CEO Dick Costolo on The Rich Eisen Podcast
In a special edition of The Rich Eisen Podcast, Twitter CEO Dick Costolo is in-studio to talk all things about the social media medium and the impact it has had, not only the NFL, but the entire sports world.
Throughout the hour long conversation, Rich Eisen and Costolo touch on a number of topics including:
· Growing up in Troy, Michigan and attending the University of Michigan
· Background in stand-up comedy and relationship with Steve Carell
· Career background and discussion of FeedBurner, which has had a profound impact on podcasting
· Twitter was formed out of a podcasting company (Odeo)
· The power of the Twitter platform
· Balancing the needs of the business with the rights of Twitter users
· Kobe Bryant’s use of Twitter well
· The rigorous rules around being verified on the Twitter platform
· How Twitter actively recruits people from all different businesses, backgrounds, and nationalities
· The possibility of adding a sarcasm font to Twitter….the “Eisen font?”
· The future of Twitter now that the business is publicly owned
· Discussion of the advertising business of Twitter
· Twitter’s work with sports teams and specifically the San Francisco 49ers. Relationship with Jed York of 49ers and excitement over new 49ers stadium
· Discussion of Michigan football and thoughts on QB Devin Gardener
· Questions from Twitter users for Costolo
1. Talking about driving TV tune in and impacting TV ratings
2. How huge events would “break Twitter” and hoping Brazil didn’t score in 2010 World Cup
3. What is Costolo’s seminal Twitter event?
· Pope using Twitter
· Personal story around the Boston Marathon bombings
· How Twitter has impacted the coverage of the NFL Draft
· What NFL teams are Costolo a fan of?
· Who is the one person Costolo wishes was on Twitter who is currently not?
· Thoughts on the upcoming Super Bowl and how the weather could affect it. Costolo gives his Super Bowl prediction…at least part of it.
· What can Twitter do better?
· Events – the entirety of the experience can be deeper and richer on Twitter. For example, the upcoming World Cup, Twitter wants to balance serving up the best tweets with the “roar of the crowd” you feel on the platform. Making that work usually is a design challenge but one that “I want us to keep working on at Twitter.”
· 140 characters: The background and the future. Eisen compares 140 characters to a 16 game NFL regular season.
To hear the interviews with Costolo, please visit:
SPECIAL TWO-HOUR NFL REPLAY OF BRONCOS-PATRIOTS
NFL Replay: Denver Broncos vs. New England Patriots – Wednesday at 9:00 PM ET
In a special two-hour edition of NFL Replay, Wednesday at 9:00 PM ET, NFL Network re-airs the Sunday Night Football matchup between the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots. The Patriots won 34-31 in overtime after trailing 24-0 at halftime.
- NFL Network Shows and Scheduled Guests
For a full description of each show, please click the show’s link
SHOW HIGHLIGHT: Various live press conferences shown from around the NFL
SHOW HIGHLIGHT: Two-hour edition of Broncos-Patriots replay
SHOW HIGHLIGHT: Members of Team Gleason in-studio for A Football Life: Backstory at 10:00 PM ET
· NFL AM
SHOW HIGHLIGHT: Cowboys’ Jerry Jones, Rams’ James Laurinaitis, Browns’ Joe Haden & TJ Ward, Vikings’ Audie Cole, and Larry King
SHOW HIGHLIGHT: Saints’ Ben Watson and Ravens’ Chris Canty
· NFL Total Access
SHOW HIGHLIGHT: 11-year NFL veteran Curtis Conway is a guest analyst
On Monday, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck joined the show (link below)
On Friday, Arizona Cardinals defensive back Patrick Peterson
- NFL.com Content
· NFL 2020 – Eight-Part Video Series Looks at the Future of the NFL – hosted by Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson
SHOW HIGHLIGHT: First six webisodes, Look and Feel, International Players, Global Game, Analytics and Officiating, Making View, and The Fan Experience are now posted: http://www.nfl.com/2020
PODCAST GUESTS: Actor Johnny Knoxville, Comedian Dennis Miller, Actress Gillian Jacobs
The Aftermath – Mondays at 2:00 PM ET
Each Monday at 2:00 PM ET, join host Scott Hanson and a rotation of NFL Network analysts as they breakdown the impact of Sunday’s NFL action on each team moving forward in the NFL season on an all new show, The Aftermath.
The show features various NFL head coach’s ‘day after’ press conferences.
The Aftermath leads into NFL Fantasy Live at 5:00 PM ET.
NFL Replay – Tuesday at 2:00 PM ET & 3:30 PM ET, Wednesday at 9:00 PM ET; Sound FX – Wednesday at Midnight ET
NFL Replay offers an exclusive look at the previous week’s games in a condensed, high-octane format. With the use of bonus NFL Films and NFL Network footage, including never-before-seen camera angles and coaches’ commentary, combined with exclusive wired sound from the field, locker rooms and sidelines, viewers will experience the game like never before.
Sound FX offers a compilation of the best on-field sights and sounds from around the NFL each week.
Week 12 NFL Replay & Sound FX schedule:
· 2:00 PM ET – NFL Replay: Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants
· 3:30 PM ET – NFL Replay: San Diego Chargers vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- 9:00 PM ET – NFL Replay: Denver Broncos vs. New England Patriots in a special two-hour edition
- Midnight ET – Sound FX: Wired for sound this week are Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher, Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz and Oakland Raiders defensive end Lamarr Houston
Steve Gleason: A Football Life – Tuesday at 9:00 PM ET; A Football Life: Backstory at 10:00 PM ET with Members of Team Gleason
Leading Washington State to the Rose Bowl or being the central figure in the New Orleans Saints’ most iconic play defines a football life. Facilitating awareness for an incurable disease defines a legacy.
NFL Network’s Emmy-nominated series A Football Life continues Tuesday, November 26 at 9:00 PM ET with a profile of the inspirational Steve Gleason who is currently living with ALS, an incurable neurological disease. The one-hour special chronicles Gleason’s football career, the early stages of his retirement, his life-altering diagnosis and his new livelihood as a patient, spokesperson, and trailblazer.
A Football Life: Backstory airs following each A Football Life episode at 10:00 PM ET on NFL Network. The 30-minute show provides a deeper look into Steve Gleason’s life and story. This week, joining host Jenn Brown, are members of Team Gleason including Blair Casey and Clare Durrett. Additionally, the producer of the film Charlie Askew will be in-studio to talk about the making of the documentary and Jenny Gonzalez, who met Steve Gleason by happenstance, will be live to talk about the chance-encounter and how it impacted her life.
Viewers will also have the opportunity to interact and offer their thoughts on Twitter by following @NFLNetwork and using the hashtag #AFootballLife.
Viewers can also interact with and follow the series on their phones and tablets with A Football Life Xtra. Located within the new NFL Mobile app, A Football Life Xtra features producer commentary, photos and artifacts from the NFL Films archives, and career stats and unique facts, as well as trivia games and polls on NFL legends. Visit NFL.com/xtra on your mobile device to download NFL Mobile. Additionally, every episode of A Football Life – as well as all NFL Network programming – is streamed live on NFL Mobile from Verizon, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To view the complete release, click here: http://on.nfl.com/1bVhwM2
NFL AM – Daily Episodes at 6:00 AM ET, Re-Aired at 10:00 AM ET
Start the day off with the NFL. NFL AM airs Monday – Friday at 6:00 AM ET offering analysis, reports from correspondents in several NFL cities, interviews with players and coaches, and game highlights.
Joining the show this year are two-time Super Bowl champion Terrell Davis, former Pro Bowl linebacker LaVar Arrington and former quarterback Jeff Garcia. Host Nicole Zaloumis joins analysts Eric Davis, Mark Kriegel and Steve Wyche. Molly Qerim and Paul Burmeister will also join the show this season.
· On Tuesday, Cleveland Browns cornerback Joe Haden and safety TJ Ward
· On Wednesday, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, St. Louis Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis and Minnesota Vikings linebacker Audie Cole
· On Thursday, NFL GameDay Morning analysts in-studio
· On Friday, Larry King in-studio
NFL Fantasy Live – Daily Episodes at 5:00 PM ET and 1:00 AM ET on NFL Network; 4:00 PM ET on NFL.com
NFL Fantasy Live, the premier show for fantasy football players, has returned with daily episodes for the entire 2013 NFL Season.
Continuing throughout the NFL season, the one-hour show airs on both NFL.com and NFL Network Monday through Friday. Catch it first on NFL.com at 4:00 PM ET and then on NFL Network at 5:00 PM ET and 1:00 AM ET. Each Monday and Thursday nights, the late edition is updated to reflect their respective night’s action.
Each NFL Sunday at 11:30 AM ET, NFL Fantasy Live airs on NFL RedZone channel and NFL.com.
NFL Network Fantasy Experts:
o Michael Fabiano
o Jason Smith
o Adam Rank
o Matt “Money” Smith
o Akbar Gbaja-Biamila
o Elliot Harrison
o Molly Qerim
Additionally, catch the NFL Fantasy Live podcast: http://www.nfl.com/podcast/
New this year is NFL Fantasy’s Fantasy Genius – the new, collaborative community for shared fantasy football information.
Around the League Live & Around the League Primetime – Primetime Lineup Starts at 6:00 PM ET Each Day.
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, NFL Network presents a completely revamped evening schedule. Around the League Live and Around the League Primetime now start at 6:00 PM ET & 7:00 PM ET, respectively
Show: Around the League Live – 6:00 PM ET
Host: Andrew Siciliano
Analysts Scheduled to Appear this Week:
o Solomon Wilcots
o Bob Papa
o Steve Mariucci
o Jamie Dukes
o Charley Casserly
o Charles Davis
o Kurt Warner
o On Tuesday, Baltimore Ravens defensive end Chris Canty
o On Wednesday, New Orleans Saints tight end Ben Watson
Show: Around the League Primetime – 7:00 PM ET
Host: Lindsay Rhodes
Analysts Scheduled to Appear this Week:
o Willie McGinest
o Heath Evans
In addition to the NFL Network analysts & NFL players joining Around the League Live and Around the League Primetime, NFL beat writers from around the league join the show on a regular basis to provide their unique perspective.
NFL Total Access – Now at 8:00 PM ET & 11:00 PM ET
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, NFL Network presents a completely revamped evening schedule, headlined by the move of NFL Total Access in prime time to a new starting time of 8:00 PM ET. NFL Network’s signature show will also air at 11:00 PM ET.
This week, eleven year NFL veteran Curtis Conway will be a guest analyst on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday.
Monday, November 25 2013 – Leading into and following Monday Night Football each week
· Host: Dan Hellie & Amber Theoharis
· Analysts: Willie McGinest, LaDainian Tomlinson, Brian Billick, Steve Mariucci
· Player Guest: Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck (http://on.nfl.com/1bQw4cs)
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
· Hosts: Dan Hellie & Amber Theoharis
· Analysts: Willie McGinest, LaDainian Tomlinson
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
· Hosts: Dan Hellie & Amber Theoharis
· Analysts: Heath Evans, Willie McGinest, Kurt Warner
Thursday, November 28, 2013
· Hosts: Dan Hellie & Amber Theoharis
· Analysts: Willie McGinest, Heath Evans
Friday, November 29, 2013
· Hosts: Dan Hellie
· Analysts: Darren Sharper, Willie McGinest, Daniel Jeremiah
· Player Guest: Arizona Cardinals defensive back Patrick Peterson
Saturday, November 30, 2013
· Hosts: Amber Theoharis
· Analysts: Heath Evans & Darren Sharper
Playbook – Fridays at 9:00 PM ET & 10:00 PM ET
See the game the way the pros do each week on Playbook, the ultimate X’s and O’s football show on television.
Super Bowl champion Shaun O’Hara joins Sterling Sharpe, and Brian Baldinger every Friday at 9:00 PM ET (NFC) and 10:00 PM ET (AFC) to break down each week’s games with the help of “All-22” footage – the same film used by NFL teams each week. Each one-hour show explains why teams have an advantage over their opponent, as well as provide an in-depth review of each Thursday Night Football game the night before.
NFL.com Launches NFL 2020 – An Exclusive Video Series Looking into the Future of the NFL
NFL.com has launched NFL 2020, an exclusive eight-part video series looking into the future of the NFL and what football will be like, both on and off the field, in the year 2020. Hosted by Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and located at NFL.com/2020, NFL.com’s NFL 2020 examines the ever-changing landscape of the NFL and raises the question: what will the NFL look like seven years from now?
With the help highly-acclaimed NFL reporters Peter King, Armen Keteyian, and Sam Farmer, along with NFL players Ryan Clark, Justin Tuck, and head coach of the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens John Harbaugh, the series looks at every facet of the NFL from the background of future players, to the changes in fan experience, the evolution of football equipment, and the perception and persona of the NFL culture.
The first six webisodes, Look and Feel, International Players, Global Game, Analytics and Officiating, Making View and The Fan Experience can be viewed here: http://www.nfl.com/2020
To see the complete release and schedule, please click here: http://on.nfl.com/18604kd
NFL Editorial Content – Daily on NFL.com
- Ian Rapoport
o NFL Media’s national insider provides regular reports to NFL.com and NFL Network
o To read his work: http://on.nfl.com/13TYbry
- Michael Silver
o Arizona Cardinals rounding into playoff form under Bruce Arians: http://on.nfl.com/
o Also writes every Thursday
- Judy Battista
o Can Peyton Manning consistently play well in cold weather?: http://on.nfl.com/1aTGXwr
o Also conducts weekly Mailbag
o To read her work: http://on.nfl.com/17S17El
- Elliot Harrison’s Weekly Power Rankings
o Every Tuesday, Elliott Harrison ranks NFL teams from No. 1 through No. 32 in his weekly power rankings. His power rankings will be a staple on NFL Network and NFL Digital Media’s programming throughout the week.
o To view the weekly power rankings: http://on.nfl.com/17CaPue
- Michael Fabiano’s Weekly ‘Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em presented by Microsoft’:
o NFL Fantasy expert and Fantasy Sportswriters Association Hall of Famer Michael Fabiano releases his weekly ‘Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em’ column each Wednesday. The columns are broken down by position and provide a comprehensive look at the fantasy football picture.
o To view the articles: http://on.nfl.com/17CaRlS
Catch all of NFL Media’s writers work here: http://www.nfl.com/news
The Rich Eisen Podcast Highlights NFL.com’s Six Different Podcasts Each Week
This season, NFL Digital Media offers six different podcasts.
Guests this week on The Rich Eisen Podcast:
o Comedian Dennis Miller
o Actress Gillian Jacobs
o Actor Johnny Knoxville
To hear the interviews with Miller, Jacobs and Knoxville, please visit:
Other NFL.com Podcasts and Guests include:
· Dave Dameshek Football Program
· Around the League
· The Coaches Show
· College Football 24/7
· NFL Fantasy Live
To listen to all six of NFL.com’s podcasts, visit: