Consumer Engagement Promotion and Editorial to Air Across NBCUniversal Properties Including TODAY, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Access Hollywood, America’s Got Talent, American Ninja Warrior, The Weather Channel and More
45-Second NFL Kickoff 2017 Promotional Announcement Narrated by This Is Us star Milo Ventimiglia
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 6, 2017 – With a record 28 NFL games, including Super Bowl LII, on its schedule this year, NBCUniversal is surrounding NBC Sports’ coverage of NFL Kickoff 2017 with unmatched participation by its sports, news and entertainment assets.
NBCUniversal programs ranging from TODAY, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Access Hollywood, America’s Got Talent, American Ninja Warrior and more are celebrating NFL Kickoff 2017 and the return of Sunday Night Football with football-related content this week.
NBC Sports kicks off its coverage of the 2017 NFL season with a blockbuster Kickoff Weekend featuring four 2016 playoff teams. It all begins with the NFL Kickoff 2017 on Thursday, Sept. 7, when Super Bowl LI MVP Tom Brady and the champion New England Patriots host the AFC West Champion Kansas City Chiefs at Gillette Stadium. Coverage begins with a special edition of Football Night In America – the most-watched weekly studio show in sports in each of its 11 seasons – at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Three days later, NBC Sports opens its 12th season of Sunday Night Football – America’s No. 1 primetime television show for a record six consecutive years – when 2016 Offensive Rookie of the Year Dak Prescott and the NFC East champion Dallas Cowboys host two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning and the New York Giants at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Coverage starts with Football Night In America at 7 p.m. ET on NBC.
Below is a summary of the NBCU properties that are supporting NFL Kickoff 2017:
- TODAY: TODAY begins its weekly Sunday Night Football food segment in addition to Al Roker’s weather preview in New England for NFL Kickoff 2017 and in Dallas for the opening SNF game of the season. In addition, the 4th hour of TODAY with Kathie Lee and Hoda featured a “Football Trivia” segment with NBC Sports Group’s Kathryn Tappen on Monday and a “Who Knew” segment with Chris Simms on Wednesday.
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: The program will feature NFL Kickoff 2017 related content and promotion.
- American Ninja Warrior: NBC Sports Group’s Mike Tirico appeared in the booth with hosts Matt Iseman and Akbar Gbaja-Biamila during Monday night’s episode from Las Vegas.
- Access Hollywood: Tonight’s Access Hollywood takes a look at the new 2017 Sunday Night Football show open and features an interview with Carrie Underwood.
- America’s Got Talent: Tonight’s show will feature NFL Kickoff 2017 related content, including judges wearing team jerseys.
- This Is Us: NBC Sports created a 45-second “crying PSA” with This Is Us star Milo Ventimiglia encouraging fans to gear up, grab those tissues, and get ready to ‘ball’ their eyes out starting this Thursday with NFL Kickoff 2017. Click here to watch the spot.
- CNBC: Throughout the morning on Thursday, and during CNBC’s Business Day programming on Friday morning, CNBC will discuss the business of the NFL and the return of SNF.
- MSNBC: Starting with Morning Joe on Thursday morning, MSNBC’s daily programming will give NFL updates prior to NFL Kickoff and the return of football.
- BRAVO: Bravo featured NFL related content during Monday night’s episode of Real Housewives of Dallas.
- E!: E! News will feature a behind-the-scenes look at the new 2017 Sunday Night Football show open and feature NFL Kickoff 2017 related promotion during the season three premiere of Eric & Jessie tonight.
- NBCSN: Mike Florio and co-host Chris Simms bring fans the latest NFL news and interviews with players and coaches weekday mornings with Pro Football Talk on NBCSN at 7 a.m. ET.
- Golf Channel: Morning Drive will preview NFL Kickoff and the premiere of Sunday Night Football with a segment highlighting New England Patriots’ QB Tom Brady’s passion for golf.
- The Dan Patrick Show: The program will feature NFL content all week long, including appearances by NBC Sports NFL commentators.
- NBC Sports Regional Networks: NBC Sports Group’s nine regional networks will feature NFL Kickoff 2017 preview pieces.
- NBC Sports Radio: NBC Sports Radio will surround the 2017 NFL season with daily coverage across more than 425 radio affiliates, highlighted by highlighted by PFT Live, featuring NFL insider and Football Night In America commentator Mike Florio daily from 6-9 a.m. ET; Safety Blitz with Rodney Harrison and Dan Schwartzman; featuring the three-time All Pro and two-time Super Bowl-winner Rodney Harrison and Dan Schwartzman; Going Deep with Amani and Dan, featuring former Giants WR and Super Bowl Champion Amani Toomer, NFL Insider Michele Tafoya and Schwartzman.
- The Weather Channel: The Weather Channel will update fans on the conditions in New England for NFL Kickoff 2017 as well as in Dallas for Sunday Night Football.
- NewsChannel/Affiliates: NBC’s NewsChannel, which feeds all 235 NBC affiliates nationwide, will produce numerous NFL Kickoff 2017 preview pieces.
- Universal Parks & Resorts: Universal Studios Hollywood and Orlando will help promote NBC’s coverage of NFL Kickoff 2017 by featuring NBC Sports-produced trailers and videos on CityWalk’s big outdoor screens. Universal Studios Orlando will also run Sunday Night Football games throughout the season, while Universal Studios Hollywood will also air Thursday Night Football games.
- The Shop at NBC Studios: The Shop at NBC Studios features an NFL-themed window display highlighting this season’s SNF matchups.
– NBC SPORTS GROUP –