Seven-time PGA TOUR Winner and Golf Commentator Peter Jacobsen and GOLF Channel Host Rich Lerner Join 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams
NASCAR on NBC Analyst and NASCAR Driver Parker Kligerman Joins NASCAR on NBC Podcast
STAMFORD, Conn. – June 6, 2019 – New episodes of several NBC Sports podcasts feature a range of special guests and athletes this week, including seven-time PGA TOUR champion and golf commentator Peter Jacobsen, longtime GOLF Channel Host Rich Lerner, NASCAR driver and NBC analyst Parker Kligerman, and more.
New episodes of 17 podcasts will be available for download on nbcsports.com/podcasts, NBC Sports’ Scores app and all major podcast platforms.
Following is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- NASCAR on NBC: Host Nate Ryan interviews NASCAR stars and insiders each week. Nate also discusses the latest NASCAR news, including a weekly recap of races, and looks ahead to what’s next in the sport.
- On this week’s episode: NASCAR on NBC analyst/pit reporter and part-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver Parker Kligerman joins Ryan to discuss his impressive performance in the Coca-Cola 300 (finished 26th in Coca-Cola 600), the plight of a small team that is hailed for having a sound business model, the areas where the competition gap is permanent in racing, whether younger drivers have mindset advantage on veterans with the 2019 rules overhaul, and much more.
- When: Wednesday, June 5
- Blackhawks Talk: Pat Boyle, Charlie Roumeliotis, Adam Burish, Jamal Mayers and Steve Konroyd take listeners inside the dressing room of the Madhouse on Madison to discuss all things NHL.
- On this week’s episode: The top draft prospects at the NHL Scouting Combine in Buffalo sit down with the Blackhawks Talk hosts to discuss their game. Interviewees include Bowen Byram, Dylan Cozens Kirby Dach, Cole Caufield, Alex Turcotte and Trevor Zegras
- When: Tuesday, June 4, and Wednesday, June 5
- Chris Simms Unbuttoned: NBC Sports’ Chris Simms examines everything happening in the NFL and around the sports world. Joined by a rotation of NBC Sports hosts Ahmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister and Liam McHugh, Unbuttoned features in-depth Xs and Os analysis; one-on-one interviews with players, coaches, executives, and draft prospects; game recaps and previews; gambling segments; extensive player analysis leading into the NFL Draft; and much more.
- On this week’s episodes: Simms continues the Simms Top 40 QB Countdown this week, which will be featured on Unbuttoned throughout the month. With the help of Ahmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister, and Phil Simms, Simms discusses NFL quarterbacks from Kyler Murray and Josh Rosen to Joe Flacco and Jimmy Garoppolo.
- When: Tuesday, June 4, and Thursday, June 6
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
- On this week’s episodes: Topics include the Hail Mary pass interference debate, the Bills stadium situation, and the start of minicamps. In addition, Florio and Simms discuss Aaron Rodgers’ desire to get the ball to Davante Adams, Odell Beckham Jr.’s impression of Baker Mayfield and more.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Redskins Talk: Redskins Talk with J.P. Finlay: Led by Redskins Insider JP Finlay, along with Pete Hailey and Mitch Tischler, Redskins Talk provides a unique brand of expert analysis, casual conversation and humorous banter for Washington football fans.
- On this week’s episodes: Last Thursday, Finlay and the gang went to visit the home of Andi Tandler, widow of legendary Redskins reporter Richard Tandler, to celebrate Richard’s birthday.
- When: Thursday, May 30
- Eagle Eye: Reuben Frank and Dave Zangaro break down the key matchups, and discuss the key topics and issues surrounding the Philadelphia Eagles.
- On this week’s episode: Topics this week include whether there is a place on the roster for Mack Hollins, which players have head coach Doug Pederson’s eye, and more.
- When: Tuesday, June 3
- Quick Slants The Podcast: NBC Sports Boston Patriots Insider Tom E. Curran is joined by former Pro Bowl linebacker and Patriots defensive captain Jerod Mayo to break down every game, plus talk about the issues on and off the field with the team.
- On this week’s episodes: Tom Curran and Phil Perry dive into the latest Patriots news from the team’s mini-camp.
- When: Thursday, June 6
- 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams presented by Peter Millar: Morning Drive co-host Gary Williams hosts a weekly conversation-based podcast where some of the biggest names in sports and beyond share their love for the game of golf. Making its debut in January, the 1Up podcast has featured the likes of Baseball Hall-of-Famers Tom Glavine and John Smoltz, former MLB all-star pitcher Mark Mulder and former professional tennis star and Olympic silver medalist Mardy Fish; and legendary golf instructors Butch and Billy Harmon.
- On this week’s episode: Williams catches up with seven-time PGA TOUR winner and currently golf commentator Peter Jacobsen and longtime Golf Channel host Rich Lerner. Their discussion includes how they developed a passion for the game of golf, the many lessons learned from Arnold Palmer, and the challenges facing today’s younger players. Plus, tune in for a sneak peek at next week’s 119th U.S. Open Championship.
- When: Friday, June 7
- Available Here: https://www.golfchannel.com/topics/shows/1up-podcast-with-gary-williams.htm
- Brandel Chamblee Podcast with Jamie Diaz: GOLF Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee and award-winning journalist and GOLF Channel Insider Jaime Diaz are teaming up for a monthly podcast where they discuss, debate and break down some of the more interesting topics in golf.
- On this week’s episode: On their latest instalment, Chamblee and Diaz look ahead to next week’s 119th U.S. Open Championship. Among the topics discussed are Brooks Koepka’s chance at a three-peat and expectations for how Pebble Beach will be set up. Chamblee also reflects back at his own performance at last week’s Principal Charity Classic.
- When: Friday, June 7
- Available Here: https://www.golfchannel.com/topics/shows/the-brandel-chamblee-podcast-with-jaime-diaz.htm
- The Mike Tirico Podcast: This weekly podcast features Mike Tirico’s takes on the biggest news across the sports landscape, as well as interviews with sports commentators and athletes.
- On this week’s episode: Mike Tirico sits down with controversial former cycling champion Lance Armstrong, a seven-time Tour de France winner who later had his titles stripped, to discuss his career, the decisions he made throughout it, and how he sees things differently now than he did even a few years ago. Armstrong also recalls why he got into cycling, the first time he remembers using a banned substance, the overall doping culture in the sport of cycling, and his split from Livestrong.
- When: Thursday, May 30
- The 2 Robbies: Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle discuss and dissect the top Premier League storylines of every match. Together, the former Premier League players and current NBC Sports analysts provide fans with top-class punditry on the most exciting soccer league in the world.
- On this week’s episode: Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe recap Liverpool’s 2-0 win over Tottenham in the Champions League Final and assess how both clubs will move forward this summer.
- When: Sunday, June 2
- College Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Robert Dauster takes a look at everything happening across college basketball, including a weekly recap of action across the country and each conference, recruiting and looking ahead to the future of the sport.
- On this week’s episode: Kurt Helin joins Dauster for the first part of the College Basketball Talk 2019 NBA Mock Draft. They go through all 30 picks and discuss where each player would fit best.
- When: Thursday, May 30
- Celtics Talk Podcast: The Celtics Talk podcast from NBC Sports Boston is hosted by Insiders Sherrod Blakely, Chris Forsberg, and Pre/Postgame host Kyle Draper. Guests include players, coaches, management and media members from around the NBA.
- On this week’s episode: The podcast crew analyzes Celtics GM Danny Ainge’s press conference and dives into the latest news surrounding Kyrie Irving’s free agency.
- When: Thursday, June 6
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew three times a week they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
- On this week’s episode: Stroup is joined by Raphielle Johnson for some NBA Draft talk, including some draft sleepers and busts, and what to make of recent injuries to Ja Morant and Cam Reddish. In addition, Gallagher hosts his own episode to discuss the NBA finals.
- When: Wednesday, June 5, and Friday, June 7
- Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/NBA
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episodes: Among the offerings this week, the “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast takes a deep dive look at the White Sox first round MLB Draft pick (#3 overall) Andrew Vaughn and the potential impact this young power hitter may have on the White Sox for years to come.
- When: Monday, June 3 and Sunday, June 9
- Available here: The “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast is presented cross-platform (TV/Live Streaming/”MyTeams” app) at 7:00 PM CT; https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, along with special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episodes:Three new editions of the “Cubs Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast include NBC Sports Chicago Cubs analysts David DeJesus & Doug Glanville discussing the Cubs potential push to acquire free agent pitching sensation Craig Kimbrel. In addition, David Kaplan chats with the network’s “Outside the Ivy” trio of Michael Cerami, Danny Rockett, and Luis Medina on their fandom and how they became part of the NBC Sports Chicago family. Plus – Kelly Crull will deliver exclusive interviews with new Cubs outfielder Carlos Gonzalez and second-year Cubs reliever Brandon Kintzler.
- Rotoworld Baseball: Rotoworld’s D.J. Short, Drew Silva, and Matt Stroup detail everything happening in fantasy baseball and what’s happening in MLB.
- On this week’s episode: Matt Stroup and Chris Crawford discuss various topics, including notable names from this season so far, why Eloy Jimenez continues to be a breakout star of this season, whether Vladamir Guerrero Jr. will hit a home run ceiling, and more.
- When: Tuesday, June 4
– NBC SPORTS –