Special Videos & Content From NBC Sports Digital Shorts & SportsTalk
Cross-Promotion from NASCAR America & NHL on NBCSN
Leicester Continue Title Campaign Against West Ham United This Sunday at 8:30 am ET on NBCSN
STAMFORD, Conn. – April 14, 2016 – With a little more than a month until Premier League “Championship Sunday” (May 15 at 10 a.m. ET on the networks of NBCUniversal), NBC Sports Group surrounds the story of Leicester City with marketing, social, and digital content, as the Foxes are on pace to become the most unlikely champions in the Premier League.
Leicester City pulled off the “great escape” last season to narrowly avoid being relegated out of the Premier League, before returning with a remarkable showing this season – remaining unbeaten in all but three matches.
“Leicester City’s rise to the brink of glory is a story that is captivating the world. If they manage to seal the title, they may well be the most universally popular Champions in Premier League history,” said NBC Sports Group’s lead Premier League play-by-play announcer Arlo White.
NBC SPORTS DIGITAL SHORTS & NBCSPORTS.COM
- “What Were They Thinking?” – NBC Sports Group’s Premier League commentators had some opinions about Leicester City’s chances at the beginning of the season.
- “What You Need To Know To Jump On Leicester City Bandwagon” – How to speak intelligently about the team to pass for a fan.
- “A Quick Look at Why Leicester Are on the Brink of the Premier League Title” – A recap of the Foxes’ remarkable journey this season told at warp speed by White.
- The SportsTalk sites on NBCSports.com will publish a version of “The Biggest Cinderella Story” in their respective sports tomorrow morning.
- “Who is Leicester City?” – ProSoccerTalk’s player fact file on the team.
- ProSoccerTalk’s Joe Prince-Wright details the “Perfect Storm” of why Leicester are top of the league.
PROGRAMMING & ADDITIONAL PROMOTION
- Spots focused on Leicester City will air during NBC and NBCSN’s NHL and Premier Boxing Championships coverage this weekend
- NASCAR America segment on unlikely champion Alan Kulwicki and how his story related to Leicester City here.
- The NHL on NBC crew discussed if any NHL team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs could follow in Leicester City’s footsteps here.
- Premier League analysts Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle will provide their updated thoughts about the Foxes on a special Leicester City-focused edition of The 2 Robbies “Football” Show this Saturday at 5 p.m. ET on the terrestrial NBC Sports Radio Network as well as on NBCSportsRadio.com and the NBC Sports Radio mobile app.
- Bob Costas, Al Michaels, Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick, Tony Dungy, Tom Hammond, Mary Carillo, and more offered up the most unlikely champions in the sports that they cover here.
- Premier League Download: the Leicester City Story, a one-hour show about Leicester City’s history and rise this season is available here.
This Sunday, April 17, NBC Sports Group presents more than six hours of live coverage from the King Power Stadium, where the atmosphere will be electric at the home of first-place Leicester City. The Foxes continue their title campaign against West Ham United Sunday at 8:30 a.m. ET on NBCSN. Steve Bower will be joined in the on-site studio by Graeme Le Saux and Kyle Martino; while White, Lee Dixon and Robbie Mustoe provide the pitch-side perspective. White calls the match with Robbie Earle. Click here for more information about this weekend’s matches and NBC Sports Group’s road trip to the U.K.
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–