NBC Sports Network to Air NHL Live Pre- and Post-Game Show Before and After Every Game
Games 1-2, 5-7 on NBC; Games 3-4 on NBC Sports Network
Conference Call with NBC Sports Group NHL Commentators Scheduled for TODAY at 4 p.m. ET
NEW YORK – May 29, 2012 – Day 49 – The NBC Sports Group’s exclusive coverage of the 2012 Stanley Cup Final begins tomorrow night with Game 1 between the Eastern Conference Champion New Jersey Devils and the Western Conference Champion Los Angeles Kings at 8 p.m. ET on NBC from the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. NBC will broadcast Games 1-2, and, if necessary, Games 5-7, while NBC Sports Network will present exclusive coverage of Games 3-4 of the series. Every game night, NBC Sports Network will present a one-hour pre-game show beginning at 7 p.m. ET and a half-hour post-game show.
CONFERENCE CALL: A national media conference call to preview the Stanley Cup Final will take place today at 4 p.m. ET. Participating on the call with be Emrick, Olczyk and McGuire, as well as executive producer Sam Flood. Media should call 913-312-0966; Passcode: 5774296.
2012 STANLEY CUP FINAL SCHEDULE
All 2012 Stanley Cup Final games will air exclusively on NBC or the NBC Sports Network. Following is the full schedule (all times ET and subject to change):
|Wednesday, May 30|
|8 p.m.||L.A. Kings @ New Jersey Devils (Game 1)||NBC|
|Saturday, June 2|
|8 p.m.||L.A. Kings @ New Jersey Devils (Game 2)||NBC|
|Monday, June 4|
|8 p.m.||New Jersey Devils @ L.A. Kings (Game 3)||NBC Sports Network|
|Wednesday, June 6|
|8 p.m.||New Jersey Devils @ L.A. Kings (Game 4)||NBC Sports Network|
|Saturday, June 9|
|8 p.m.||L.A. Kings @ New Jersey Devils (Game 5) *||NBC|
|Monday, June 11|
|8 p.m.||New Jersey Devils @ L.A. Kings (Game 6) *||NBC|
|Wednesday, June 13|
|8 p.m.||L.A. Kings @ New Jersey Devils (Game 7)*||NBC|
* If Necessary
COMMENTATORS: Emmy-award winner Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick (play-by-play), Eddie Olczyk (analyst) and Pierre McGuire (‘Inside-the-glass’ analyst) will call the action during each game. The studio team will feature host Liam McHugh and analysts Mike Milbury and Keith Jones, the latest highlights, news, analysis and player interviews, live on-location from either the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. or the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The team will cover intermission reports during games, and pre-game and post-game coverage on NBC Sports Network. Additionally, Jeremy Roenick and Darren Pang will conduct on-ice segments and demonstrations as part of the coverage.
EMRICK ON THE DEVILS AND KINGS: “We always talk about a battle of attrition by the time you get this far and we lean on the old adage that everyone is hurt by now. However, these teams are coming in as rested as any two I can recall. The Devils had five days off before the Conference Final and three before the final. The Kings had six days off before the Conference Final and seven before the final. That’s a lot of healing time.”
MCGUIRE ON THE FINAL: “Two healthy and very focused teams. They play very similar aggressive style fore-check games. This should be a long, fast-paced series with timely goaltending being a huge factor. The four-line depth of both teams is excellent and should help make for a lively passionate Final.”
OLCZYK ON HOW THE DEVILS GOT TO THE FINAL: “Leadership and know how, it all starts at the top with Lou Lamoriello, (CEO, GM and President of the Devils), and filters all the way down.”
With all 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoff games airing nationally for the first time, the NBC Sports Group created a channel finder to help fans find NBC and NBC Sports Network in their area by simply entering a zip code.
CLICK HERE for the channel finder.
GAMES TELEVISED SO FAR
For the first time in the 95-year history of the NHL, every Stanley Cup Playoff game will be televised nationally. The NBC Sports Group is providing unprecedented access to the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs in April, May and June, televising as many as 87 playoff games and possibly more than 262.5 hours of programming. Games will be presented on NBC, the NBC Sports Network, the NHL Network, and NBCUniversal’s business channel CNBC in primetime.
|NBC Sports Network||49*|
* Includes Devils-Panthers Conference Quarterfinal Game 7 that was joined in progress
NBCSports.com’s fast-growing ProHockeyTalk, which has experienced a 140% increase in unique visitors and a 289% in page views compared to last season, will anchor NBC Sports’ online and mobile coverage of the NHL Playoffs.
Featuring writers Jason Brough & Mike Halford, ProHockeyTalk provides unique, informative and entertaining news, commentary and analysis– updated around the clock — on all the stories surrounding the NHL Stanley Cup Final. ProHockeyTalk is also an integral part of the popular NBC Sports Talk app. Other NBCSports.com features will include:
- The debut of PHT Extra, a multiple-times-a-week. online-only. video segment, featuring ProHockeyTalk’s Brough and Halford
- Online-only videos featuring NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network hockey commentators previewing upcoming games and wrapping-up all of the NHL action that day
- “Second screen” companion programming on NBCSports.com for games airing on NBC will include live, in-game video highlights; a live chat with ProHockeyTalk’s Brough & Halford; “Star Cams” featuring alternating, video coverage of the best players on each team, and a newly-introduced “Spotlight Cam,” a just-above-ice-level/center ice look at the actionSOCIAL MEDIA
In addition to broadcast, cable, regional and digital platforms, the NBC Sports Group will connect with NHL fans via numerous social media initiatives, including social integration, on-air integration and news:
- Social Integration:
- #StanleyCup Hash Tag: NHL Fans can join the conversation by using the #StanleyCup hash tag across every game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Milestone Mania: With the launch of the new Facebook Timeline, fans can explore and answer Stanley Cup Playoffs trivia questions
- NHL on NBC Sports Instagram: NHL fans can upload photos to Instagram and use #instahockey. The NHL on NBC Sports Instagram account “Because It’s the Cup” will feature the best fan photos
- Live Twitter Chats: Fans will have the opportunity to have live Twitter chats with NHL and NBC Sports personalities and commentators throughout the playoffs
- On-Air Integration:
- Playoff Polls: Fans can weigh in on a variety of NHL themed polls on Facebook and Twitter that commentators will discuss throughout the broadcasts
- #MVPonNBC – During pre-game, post-game and in-game coverage, fans can tweet who they think the #MVPonNBC is. Commentators will discuss the fan favorites and weigh in with their own opinions
- Fans can engange with Twitter (@NHLonNBCSports) and Facebook (facebook.com/NHLonNBCSports) to receive the most up to date tune-in information, scores, reports and stories from around the NHL and ProHockeyTalk.
–NBC Sports Group–