Direct-to-Consumer Live Streaming Product NBC Sports Gold to Provide Live, Commercial-Free Coverage of 2019 Tour de France, Vuelta a España, Paris-Roubaix, and More
2019-20 Cycling Pass Features Wall-to-Wall Coverage of Nearly 100 Days of Live Cycling Across 18 Events
NBC Sports Gold “Cycling Pass” Available Now for $54.99
STAMFORD, Conn. – May 29, 2019 – NBC Sports Gold — NBC Sports Digital’s direct-to-consumer live streaming product — has launched its “Cycling Pass” for the 2019-20 season, providing fans in the U.S. with access to premiere cycling races from July 2019 through April 2020, beginning with the Tour de France.
The “Cycling Pass” features live, commercial-free, start-to-finish coverage of every stage of the Tour de France, including nearly 20 bonus hours of coverage. NBC Sports Gold’s live stream of the 2019 Tour de France also includes access to a live GPS tracking map to follow the riders’ progress, an enhanced interactive map for each stage, the ability to pause the video, full stage video replay, highlights, and short‐form video clips, and more.
NBC Sports Gold’s 2019-20 “Cycling Pass” features 18 live cycling events with 93 days of live event coverage. In addition, NBC Sports Gold’s coverage of the Vuelta a España will once again include data rich features in the stream.
The direct-to-consumer pass, powered by Playmaker Media, will stream coverage live and on-demand, to desktops, mobile, tablets, and connected TV devices.
NBC Sports Gold’s “Cycling Pass” includes live streaming coverage, full event replays, and highlights for all 21 stages of the Grand Tour races Tour de France and Vuelta a España, Monument Classics, including Paris–Roubaix and Liège-Bastogne-Liège, UCI Mountain Bike and Road World Championships, and more. The “Cycling Pass” can be purchased in advance of the 2019 Tour de France for $54.99 starting today by visiting NBCSportsGold.com.
Additional elements of NBC Sports Gold’s Tour de France coverage include:
Before the Tour:
- Stage-by-stage descriptions and previews, featuring historical stage and technical information, as well as travelogue vignettes
- Breakdown of top contenders
- Full event replays of every stage of the 2018 Tour de France
During the Tour:
- Live streaming video
- More than 30 hours of exclusive bonus HD video coverage
- Full stage video replays including highlights, stage recaps, and rider interviews
- Route and stage previews, course and stage maps, elevation profiles, and stage descriptions
- GPS race tracking presented in three ways: a list of rider groups on the road, a live profile of the stage, and a live map of the stage
- Live stage results and detailed standings
- Rider profiles by country and team
- News feed for each stage providing minute-by-minute updates from the race, and real- time commentary feeds from media covering the Tour
The platform will host the data in easy-to-use organized tabs, including “Feed” for news, “Track” for GPS, “Standings” for rider standings in every jersey category, “Teams” for comprehensive team and rider information, and “More” for additional data about the Tour and NBC Sports Gold’s coverage.
The NBC Sports Gold app is available on Apple iOS, Android, Android TV, Apple TV V4, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, and online at NBCSportsGold.com. NBC Sports Gold is powered by Playmaker Media, NBC Sports Digital’s technology service which provides end-to-end support for companies in need of best-in-class live streaming and VOD solutions.
Following is the schedule for NBC Sports Gold’s 2019-20 “Cycling Pass”:
- Tour de France – July 6-28, 2019
- Arctic Race of Norway – August 23, 2019*
- UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – August 28-September 1
- Vuelta a Espana – August 24 – September 15, 2019
- Madrid Challenge by La Vuelta – September 19, 2019
- UCI Road World Championships – September 22-29, 2019
- Paris-Tours – October 6, 2019
- Tour of Croatia – October 9, 2019*
- Saitama Criterium – November 13, 2019*
- China Criterium – November 13, 2019*
- Tour of Hainan – November 13, 2019*
- Santos Tour Down Under – January 13-19, 2020
- UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships – February 1-2, 2019
- Tour of Oman – February 21, 2020*
- Paris-Nice – March 1-8, 2020
- Paris-Roubaix – April 6, 2020
- La Fleche Wallonne – April 15, 2020
- Liege-Bastogne-Liege – April 19, 2020
- Tour of Turkey – April 23, 2020*
- UCI Track Cycling World Cup – TBD
- UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup – TBD
Schedule is subject to change.
* Events will not be live on Gold. Events will be available to users as on-demand hour-long race highlights packages.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GOLD
NBC Sports Gold is NBC Sports’ direct-to-consumer live streaming product that provides sports fans with access to exclusive premium sports events and content, live and on-demand, at an affordable price. Launched in 2016 with a single cycling product, NBC Sports Gold currently offers 16 individual sports “passes” – ten domestic (PGA TOUR LIVE, Premier League, INDYCAR, Cycling, Track & Field, Premier Lacrosse League, Speed Skating, Rugby, Supercross, and Snow, consisting of seven Olympic winter sports); two regional (Blazers and Philly); one combination (Supercross and Pro Motocross), two domestic and international (Figure Skating and Pro Motocross); and one international-only (Notre Dame Football). Find NBC Sports Gold in the NBC Sports app. Available on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and NBCSportsGold.com.