Chicago, IL (October 13, 2017) – NBC Sports Chicago, the multi-platform home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, garnered 11 Emmy Award nominations from the Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the 2016-17 television season. The nominations were announced last evening (October 12) with the awards ceremony to be held in Chicago on Saturday, December 2. Since its launch on October 1, 2004, NBC Sports Chicago has garnered 133 Chicago/Midwest Emmy nominations.
“We are honored to receive these nominations from our peers in the industry and we feel they are a reflection of the great work performed by our entire staff,” said Kevin Cross, Vice President of Content for NBC Sports Chicago.
Note the following NBC Sports Chicago Emmy nominations for the 2016-17 television season:
1) Category #7-b: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Program Series
- The Extra Point/Behind the Scenes of Game 7 of the World Series: Sarah Lauch, Ryan McGuffey, Executive Producers; Kevin Cross, Senior Producer; Mike Cappozzo, Brett Fisher, Eric Fogle, Pat Gostele, Don Karulski, Producers.
2 & 3) Category #7-d: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Sporting Event/Game – Live/Unedited Program/Special
- Bulls/Celtics Playoffs Game 1:Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; Todd Benjaminson, Mark Harper, John Walsh, Producers; Tamra Anderson, Todd Hackl, Associate Producers; Neil Funk, Play-by-Play; Stacey King, Analyst; Chuck Garfien, Sideline Reporter.
- Cubs/Brewers on CSN 9.16.16: Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; Mark Harper, David Turner, John Walsh, Producers; Todd Hackl, Vince Lodl, Associate Producers; Kelly Crull, Sideline Reporter, Len Kasper, Play-by-Play, Jim Deshaies, Analyst.
4 & 5) Category #19-b: Outstanding Achievement for Programming Promos (Non-News) Single Spot/Campaign
- In the Loop/Lauch Promo: Michael Forzley, Michael Horn, Justin Schoenrock, Jay Wadhwa, James Wallin, Scott Zuegner, Producers.
- We are Timeless/Chicago White Sox: Dan Gutschmidt, Phillip Koch, Mark Konkol, Robert McCallum, Joe Petro, Brandon Riley, Justin Schoenrock, Jay Wadhwa, Producers.
6) Category #25: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off-Air – Directing
- Robert McCallum – We are Timeless/Chicago White Sox. NBC Sports Chicago/JROCK Creative
7, 8, & 9) Category #26-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off-Air: Editor – Promotions/PSAs/Commercials
- Justin Schoenrock – CSN/Crosstown/Chicago Cubs vs. White Sox.
- Justin Schoenrock – In the Loop/Launch Promo.
- James Wallin – Composite.
10 & 11) Category #28-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off-Air: Writer – Short Form
- Robert McCallum – We are Timeless/Chicago White Sox.
- James Wallin – Composite.
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with numerous entertaining local sports discussion/social media-focused programs via In the Loop and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, and standout coverage from the network’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.