NBA TV Offers Free Preview from February 8 – 18
Fans select Spurs @ Nuggets to air on Fan Night, Kevin Garnett special premieres on Feb. 4
NBA TV will offer its second free preview of the year, allowing cable and satellite distribution partners the opportunity to showcase the 24-hour network to all of their viewers from Sun., Feb. 8 – Wed., Feb. 18. Fans can tune in to see NBA TV’s signature programming, including the all-access coverage of 2009 NBA All-Star with special studio live programming throughout the weekend. Fans can also tune in to the most talked-about new NBA studio show featuring host Ahmad Rashad and analysts Chris Webber and Gary Payton on Tuesday’s Fan Night. In addition, Wednesday’s Premiere Night debuts new in-depth features on some of the NBA’s most compelling players and their stories. Thursday’s Legends Nights is a blast from the past with memorable moments and classic games from throughout the history of the NBA.
NBA TV’s marquee roster of announcers also includes TNT’s Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson, as well as NBA veterans Eric Snow and Steve Smith, and veteran announcers Rick Kamla, Andre Aldridge, Marc Fein and David Aldridge. In addition, some of the top names in the NBA have stopped by the studio including Atlanta’s Josh Smith, Memphis’ O.J. Mayo and Rudy Gay, and Milwaukee’s Richard Jefferson with many others to come.
NBA TV will air the San Antonio Spurs @ Denver Nuggets on Tues., Feb., 3 as the Fan Night matchup, with NBA TV announcers Ahmad Rashad and Gary Payton providing studio coverage beginning at 7 p.m. ET. The game will tip off at 9 p.m. ET.
Fans can continue voting for their team on NBA.com for the next Fan Night matchup that will air on Tues., Feb. 10. Voting will take place on Tues., Feb. 3 and Wed., Feb. 4 between:
- Washington Wizards @ Atlanta Hawks
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Indiana Pacers
- Denver Nuggets @ Miami Heat
- San Antonio Spurs @ New Jersey Nets
- Toronto Raptors @ Minnesota Timberwolves
- Detroit Pistons @ Chicago Bulls
- Sacramento Kings @ Dallas Mavericks
- New York Knicks @ Golden State Warriors
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ L.A. Lakers
Fan Night voting opens on NBA.com on Tues., Feb. 3 for fans to decide the next NBA matchup they most want to see televised on NBA TV on Tues., Feb. 10. Voting will remain open until Wed., Feb. 4 with the fans’ selection being announced that night on NBA TV.
- Fan Night (Tues. Feb. 3): The Beat is a weekly roundtable show featuring NBA beat writers from newspapers across the country who will join host Marc Fein and TNT Insider David Aldridge to cover hot topics and NBA news.
- Premiere Night (Wed., Feb. 4): A special edition of Premiere Night will feature NBA JOURNEY: KEVIN GARNETT at 6:30pm ET. This 90-minute feature explores the incredible basketball journey for Kevin Garnett, who is an eleven-time NBA All-Star, Olympic Gold Medalist, league MVP and NBA Champion. In what can be described as one of the NBA’s greatest success stories, the accomplishments of Garnett easily place him among the greats of the game of basketball. This special takes viewers through every stage of K.G.’s career since the night he was drafted in June of 1995. It chronicles his early years as a teen phenom, his emergence as a perennial MVP candidate, and finally as the ultimate team player on a historic championship team. Garnett’s journey comes to life through unprecedented access and archival material as well as many of the intimate moments off the court that have made him one of the most transcendent players of his generation.
- Legends Night (Thurs. Feb. 5): Thursday nights on NBA TV will continue to showcase the rich heritage of the NBA during Legends Night. This week, Legends Night will showcase three classic NBA All-Star games from 1991, 1992 and 1993.
In addition to the Fan Night game, NBA TV will also air live coverage of the Orlando Magic @ Miami Heat on Sat., Jan. 24 at 7:30 p.m. ET and the Phoenix Suns @ Washington Wizards on Mon., Jan. 26 at 7 p.m. ET.
NBA TV’s Euroleague Game of the Week coverage continues featuring Real Madrid vs. Regal FC Barcelona. The game will air on Sat., Jan. 31 at 1 p.m. ET and is part of the network’s weekly Euroleague matchup that airs every Saturday throughout the regular season.
NBA TV’s coverage of the NBA D-League continues on Wed., Feb. 4 featuring the Eric Bayhawks @ Bakersfield Jam. Coverage will begin at 4 p.m. ET with D-League Central, a weekly studio show featuring an update on the news, transactions and D-League action, followed by tip-off of the game at 4:30 p.m. ET. NBA TV will air a D-League match-up every Wednesday.
NBA TV’s weekly programming will feature its three signature nights, including:
NBA TV PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE:
JANUARY 29 – FEBRUARY 1
THURSDAY, JANUARY 29: LEGENDS NIGHT
8 p.m. – 2 a.m. NBA Special: All-Star Moments
FRIDAY, JANUARY 30
7:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Rick Kamla, Steve Smith and Cheryl Miller
SATURDAY, JANUARY 31
1 – 3 p.m. Euroleague Game of the Week: Local Announcers
7:00 – 7:30 p.m. AutoTrader.com Pregame Show Rick Kamla, Steve Smith and Cheryl Miller
7:30 – 10 p.m. Dallas Mavericks @ Miami Heat Local Announcers
10 p.m. – 1:30 a.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Rick Kamla, Steve Smith and Cheryl Miller
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1
12 – 5 p.m. NBA TOP 10 GAMES OF THE WEEK
12 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Andre Aldridge and Eric Snow
FEBRUARY 2 – FEBRUARY 8
NBA TV LIVE AND ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE (all times ET)
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2
8 – 9 a.m. NBA.COM FANTASY INSIDER Rick Kamla
7 – 7:30 p.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Andre Aldridge, Steve Smith and Eric Snow
6:30 – 7:00 p.m. AutoTrader.com Pregame Show Andre Aldridge, Steve Smith and Eric Snow
7:00 – 9:30 p.m. Portland Trail Blazers @ New Orleans Hornets Local Announcers
9:30 – 2:00 a.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Andre Aldridge, Steve Smith and Eric Snow
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3: FAN NIGHT
6 – 6:30 p.m. THE BEAT Marc Fein and David Aldridge
6:30 – 7 p.m. THE BEAT (reair)
7 – 8:30 p.m. NBA GameTime Ahmad Rashad and Gary Payton
8:30 – 9 p.m. AutoTrader.com Pregame Show Ahmad Rashad and Gary Payton
9:00 – 11:30 p.m. FAN NIGHT: San Antonio Spurs @ Denver Nuggets Local Announcers
11:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Ahmad Rashad and Gary Payton
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4: PREMIERE NIGHT
4 – 4:30 p.m. D-LEAGUE CENTRAL Rick Kamla
4:30 – 5:30 p.m. NBA D-League: Erie Bayhawks @ Bakersfield Jam Local Announcers
6:30 – 8 p.m. NBA JOURNEY: Kevin Garnett
8 – 8:30 p.m. AutoTrader.com Pregame Show Andre Aldridge, Steve Smith and Eric Snow
8:30 – 11 p.m. Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks Local Announcers
11 p.m. – 2 a.m. NBA GameTime presented by Hyundai Marc Fein and Eric Snow
THURSDAY, February 5: LEGENDS NIGHT
8 p.m. – 2 a.m. Hardwood Classics: ’91, ’92, ’93 All-Star Games
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6
7:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Rick Kamla amd Steve Smith
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7
12:30 – 2:30 p.m. Euroleague Game of the Week: Olympiakos vs. Tau Ceramica Local Announcers
7:00 – 7:30 p.m. AutoTrader.com Pregame Show Rick Kamla amd Steve Smith
7:30 – 10 p.m. Denver Nuggets @ New Jersey Nets Local Announcers
10 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Rick Kamla and Steve Smith
SUNDAY, February 8
10 – 3 p.m. NBA TOP 10 GAMES OF THE WEEK
7 – 12 a.m. NBA GameTime Presented by Hyundai Andre Aldridge and Eric Snow