Mock Draft Special June 26 at 8 p.m. ET
NBA.com & NBA Mobile’s Enhanced “Playermetrics” Offers In-Depth Prospect Information
NBA Digital will provide extensive multi-screen coverage of the 2013 NBA Draft presented by State Farm including original programming on NBA TV and in-depth content – including enhanced “Playermetrics” prospect information – across NBA.com and NBA Mobile platforms.
NBA TV’s original programming will include:
- NBA TV Draft HQ on Monday, June 24, at 8 p.m. ET, with host Vince Cellini and analysts Steve Kerr, Mike Fratello and Ron Thompson offering an insiders’ look at the draft process from the perspective of a former GM, coach and scout.
- An all-new version of the critically-acclaimed Open Court, a roundtable discussion featuring a full cast of NBA TV and TNT commentators – Charles Barkley, Brent Barry, Steve Kerr, Reggie Miller, Shaquille O’Neal, Steve Smith and Chris Webber – airing Tuesday, June 25, at 8 p.m.
- The network’s first-ever NBA TV Mock Draft 2013 special on Wednesday, June 26 – the night before the 2013 NBA Draft – at 8 p.m. Vince Cellini will host the show with analysts David Aldridge, Greg Anthony and Seth Davis along with NBA.com’s Scott Howard-Cooper. The show will feature a simulated first round complete with analysis of each draft pick.
· Comprehensive Draft night coverage including the 2013 NBA Draft Preview on Thursday, June 27, at 5:30 p.m. with host Matt Winer along with analysts Aldridge, Anthony, Davis and Smith and current Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey, and the 2013 NBA Draft Recap at midnight with all the latest news and interviews with the top picks. Rick Kamla will provide instant analysis and reporter Craig Sager will interview each player moments after they’ve been selected with each interview featured on NBA TV and NBA.com.
- A thorough NBA Draft Review on Friday, June 28, at 8 p.m. (Eastern Conference) and 9 p.m. (Western Conference) with hosts Cellini and Kamla working alongside Aldridge and Anthony to analyze the draft selections for every team.
NBA.com’s home page will transform into Draft Central on June 27, providing fans a full section dedicated to news and content about the 2013 NBA Draft including:
· Playermetrics 360-Degree Camera, a custom interactive online feature, allowing fans to use a 360-degree camera to review key information on each prospect such as height, wingspan and reach. Fans will also be able to compare those criteria to other recent draft picks including Portland’s Damian Lillard, New Orleans’ Anthony Davis and Indiana’s Paul George. For the first time this year, fans will also be able to access Playermetrics via NBA Mobile and select images will be available to share via Facebook and Twitter.
· Behind-the-scenes video featuring some of the top prospects on Draft night. Additionally, NBA.com will provide a photo gallery of rookies as they get fitted for clothes and pose with family and friends.
· NBA.com’s Social Spotlight will continuously keep fans up to speed on the latest tweets, photos and other social engagement by draftees, teams and the conversations surrounding the NBA Draft.
· A new feature, BIG Tweets Here, will provide a team-centric Twitter conversation module that gives fans a feel for the most discussed teams as picks are made throughout the night. Tweets can also be viewed featuring fan responses, expert reaction and NBA.com reporter comments.
- The Draft BIG Talk module will give fans immediate access to the NBA’s social community on Draft night. Fans will be immersed in the social buzz around the teams, as picks are made in real-time with instant reaction from fans and NBA experts.
· The new Best Available feature will include top picks still available in the draft – as determined by the NBA.com editorial team – and update live throughout the night.
· The new #NBADraft Around the World interactive social map will merge fans’ social activity, global trending topics and social commentary into one destination on NBA.com.
· Draft Tracker will return to provide live pick-by-pick analysis throughout the Draft.
NBA Mobile will offer a robust Draft experience including:
· All the latest Draft content throughout the week via the NBA Game Time mobile app, available on iOS and Android. NBA Game Time will provide a Draft tracker, team overviews, news and more.
· The NBA.com mobile website providing users with an enhanced experience including Playermetrics, the Draft tracker, social integration and additional Draft night news and information.
NBA Digital is the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com, and WNBA.com.