ESPN2â€™s four telecasts are averaging a 1,219,000 viewers, up 137 percent over the 514,000 viewers last year.Â ESPN2â€™s 0.9 rating are an increase of 125 percent (vs. 0.4 rating in 2008) and household impressions are up 122 percent (898,000 vs. 405,000).
Collectively, ESPN and ESPN2â€™s Little League World Series coverage generated five telecasts posting a 1.0 rating or higher over the opening weekend.Â ESPN360.comâ€™s usage was an increase of 545 percent in total hours during the Little League World Seriesâ€™ opening weekend when compared to the same weekend in 2008.
ABCâ€™s Saturday broadcast (Warner Robins, Ga. vs. Staten Island, N.Y.) posted a 1.3 overnight rating, up 160 percent over the comparable 0.5 overnight rating a year ago.Â Sundayâ€™s Little League World Series broadcast on ABC (Russellville, Ky. vs. San Antonio) generated a 0.9 overnight rating, an increase of 29 percent over last yearâ€™s 0.7 overnight rating.
ESPNâ€™s Little League World Series coverage from Williamsport, Pa., is coming off momentum built during the Regional Finals, which demonstrated significant audience growth including:
- Five telecasts up 19 percent in households (708,000 vs. 596,000 for five telecasts in 2008);
- a 0.7 average rating, an increase of 17 percent over last yearâ€™s 0.6 rating;
- up 14 percent in viewership (889,000 viewers vs. 779,000).
- three telecasts up 55 percent among households (721,000 vs. 465,000 for three telecasts in 2008);
- an increase of 53 percent among viewers (972,000 vs. 635,000);
- up 40 percent in rating (0.7 vs. 0.5 last year).
Little League World Series action will continue throughout the week â€“ all 32 games available in HD â€“ including the semifinals and final this weekend (Aug. 29-30) on ABC.