Week 11 (Nov. 22, 2009) – Quotable from NFL GameDay Final
& NFL GameDay Highlights on NFL Network
(Airs Sundays at 7:30 PM ET & 11:30 PM ET)
“He’s tough, he’s tenacious and he’s a winner. He’s going to be around for a long time.”
– Deion Sanders on Lions rookie QB Matthew Stafford, who set one NFL rookie record (422 passing yards) and tied another (five touchdown passes) vs. Browns
“We always have Norv Turner under fire, year after year. But he always figures out a way to finish strong.”
– Deion Sanders on Chargers head coach Norv Turner
“When they put him in the slot, nobody can cover him. He is a mismatch with most DBs unless you put your best guy on him…and that player is usually covering Randy Moss.”
– Steve Mariucci on Patriots WR Wes Welker, who had 15 receptions for 192 yards vs. Jets
“I love his composure. Philip Rivers is a leader.”
– Deion Sanders on Chargers QB Philip Rivers, who is 40-18 as a starter
“LaDainian Tomlinson looks like he’s visited the ‘Fountain of Youth.’”
— Deion Sanders on Tomlinson who has rushed for 169 yards and three touchdowns in past two games.
“Jay Cutler is missing some plays that he is capable of making. Those plays are touchdowns if you make the play. In a close game like this, you have to make one or two of those.”
– Steve Mariucci on Bears QB Jay Cutler’s game vs. Eagles
“Can we give him Rookie of the Year right now?”
– Deion Sanders on Vikings WR Percy Harvin, who leads rookies with 501 receiving yards
“Crayton always comes up big.”
– Deion Sanders on Cowboys WR Patrick Crayton, who caught the game-winning touchdown pass vs. Redskins
“This is a rivalry. Everyone will play hard in this game.”
– Michael Irvin on Dallas’ tight 7-6 victory over Washington
“This Studebaker needs to call AAA.”
– Rich Eisen on Chiefs DE Andy Studebaker’s end zone-interception against Pittsburgh, which he ran back 94 yards before he was tackled at the Steelers’ eight-yard line
“He is the best centerfielder in the NFL.”
– Steve Mariucci on Ravens S Ed Reed
“Even Babe Ruth struck out every now and then.”
— Deion Sanders on Ravens LB Ray Lewis missing a tackle on Colts RB Joseph Addai’s scoring run
“Eli throws one of the best deep balls in the game.” – Deion Sanders on Giants QB Eli Manning 51-yard pass to WR Steve Smith
“I thought he was a lineman. I thought that was a 9-6.” – Rich Eisen on 267-pound Browns TE Michael Gaines, who wears number 86, and his two-yard TD catch vs. Detroit
“My shoulders are made for suits, not [tackling] Brandon Jacobs.” – Deion Sanders in response to Troy Aikman questioning his tackling on Cowboys-Redskins telecast on FOX yesterday
*** Additional exclusive video clips from Sunday’s NFL GameDay are available on NFL.com. Click on the video segments. These videos include:
– Vikings QB Brett Favre’s 4 TD performance against Seattle
– Deion Sanders’ “Let’s Go Primetime”
– And many more Week 11 game highlights and postgame video only on NFL.com.
What’s on Tonight…The NFL Head Coaches – 6:30 & 8:30 PM ET
- Coaches Debate: Is it good or bad to go undefeated?
- Mike Martz chalkboard: How to beat the “Tampa 2”
- A discussion of the Cowboys offense
*** SPECIAL COMMISSIONER INTERVIEW ***
On Thursday Night Kickoff pregame show, Thanksgiving night at 6:30 PM ET
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell joins former MVP Joe Theismann and Hall of Fame players Michael Irvin and Rod Woodson for a roundtable interview on the pregame show prior to the Giants vs. Broncos on Thanksgiving at 6:30 PM ET. The former players discuss player safety issues as well as other topics relating to the game with the Commissioner. The second part of the roundtable interview will be on NFL GameDay Morning next Sunday, Nov. 29 at 9 AM ET.
7:30 PM -8:30 PM ET: NFL GameDay Highlights
Host: Rich Eisen Analysts: Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin
Following the late afternoon games, NFL GameDay Highlights offers analysis of the events of the day. Includes highlights from all completed games, insider commentary, on-field interviews and post-game press conferences.
11:30 PM -1:00 AM ET: NFL GameDay Final
Host: Rich Eisen Analysts: Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci
NFL GameDay Final is the definitive exclamation point on Sundays providing unlimited highlights of all the games, plus post-game press conferences, interviews from the field and locker room, audio captured throughout the day and expert analysis.