New Episode of Rory & Carson Podcast Previews NBC Sports’ Coverage of the 148th Open, Beginning Mon., July 15 at 7 a.m. ET on GOLF Channel
Two-Time MLB All-Star Mark Mulder, Who Plays This Weekend in the 2019 American Century Championship on NBC & NBCSN, Joins the GOLF Advisor Podcast to Discuss Retired Life as an Elite Celebrity Golfer
Former European Ryder Cup Captain Paul McGinley and 2010 U.S. Open Winner Graeme McDowell Join the 1UP Podcast with Gary Williams
NFL Head Coaches Sean Payton & Doug Pederson Join Chris Simms Unbuttoned Podcast
NASCAR Chief Marketing Officer Jill Gregory Joins New Episode of Letarte on Location
STAMFORD, Conn. – July 11, 2019 – NBC Sports complements an unprecedented 410 hours of coverage surrounding the 148th Open with new golf episodes of several podcasts, including a super-sized episode of the Rory & Carson Podcast and special guests such as two-time MLB all-star Mark Mulder, former European Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley, and 2010 U.S. Open winner Graeme McDowell. Next week’s extensive coverage of the 148th Open at Royal Portrush kicks off on Monday, July 15 at 7 a.m. ET on GOLF Channel; live coverage on NBC begins Sat., July 20 at 7 a.m. ET.
In addition, new episodes of several podcasts feature a range of guests, including NASCAR EVP and CMO Jill Gregory, New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton, Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson, and more.
New episodes of 11 podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBC Sports’ Scores app, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart.
Following is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- The Rory & Carson Podcast: Four-time major champion Rory McIlroy, and host of “The Voice” and “The Today Show” Carson Dalytake on topics from golf to grunge rock, TV to tunes, what’s on their playlists, and everything in between.
- On this week’s episode:On this supersized episode of the podcast, McIlroy reflects on his win in Canada. In addition, the hosts discuss the Open Championship at Royal Portrush, including what it will be like for McIlroy to return to his home country and his strategies heading into the competition.
- When: Monday, July 8
- The GOLF Advisor Podcast: The Golf Advisor team brings you news, tips and commentary on the best places to play golf around the world and how to do it. We’ll feature special guests, from course architects to superintendents and many others, that help make the game great.
- On this week’s episode: Host John Deegan sits down with two-time MLB all-star Mark Mulder to discuss how Mark has found his groove in retirement as an elite celebrity golfer. Mulder reflects on his experiences playing in Lake Tahoe at the American Century Championship and his excitement to compete again this weekend. NBCSN presents the opening round of the tournament this Friday, July 12 at 10 p.m., followed by coverage on NBC Saturday and Sunday, July 13-14 from 3-6 p.m. ET
- When: Wednesday, July 10
- 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams presented by Peter Millar: Morning Drive co-host Gary Williams hosts a weekly conversation-based podcast where some of the biggest names in sports and beyond share their love for the game of golf.
- On this week’s episode: On the latest installment of the 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams, Gary catches up with former European Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley and 2010 U.S. Open winner Graeme McDowell. The trio look ahead to next week’s 148th Open from Royal Portrush, a homecoming for McDowell.
- When: Friday, July 12
- Letarte on Location: When you’ve spent more than 20 years of your life on the road as a NASCAR crew chief and NBC analyst, you’re bound to meet some interesting characters along the way. Letarte on Location brings you closer to all kinds of personalities that Steve Letarte has connected with throughout the years traveling the circuit.
- On this week’s episode: Steve goes on location from NASCAR headquarters in Daytona Beach, FL for a conversation with NASCAR EVP and Chief Marketing Officer Jill Gregory. As one of NASCAR’s highest-ranking executives, Gregory has spearheaded the ongoing project to refresh and modernize the NASCAR brand, which includes finding innovative ways to engage with the sport’s consumers.
- When: Wednesday, July 10
- Chris Simms Unbuttoned: NBC Sports’ Chris Simms examines everything happening in the NFL and around the sports world. Joined by a rotation of NBC Sports hosts Ahmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister and Liam McHugh, Unbuttoned features in-depth Xs and Os analysis; one-on-one interviews with players, coaches, executives, and draft prospects; game recaps and previews; gambling segments; extensive player analysis leading into the NFL Draft; and much more.
- On this week’s episode: New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton joins Simms to discuss the evolution of offensive systems, re-energizing the Saints, and locker room bonding. In addition, Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson joins Simms to discuss the weight off the team’s shoulders this year, his experiences as a quarterback, playing with Brett Favre, and more.
- When: Thursday, July 12
- The Habershow: NBC Sports national NBA Insider Tom Haberstrohsits down with some of the biggest names in the NBA to share the stories and the numbers behind the biggest games and biggest moments in the league.
- On this week’s episode: ESPN’s Amin Elhassan joins the podcast to wrap up free agency. They discussed Kawhi Leonard’s decision, the Warriors’ next phase, how good the Sixers could be in the upcoming season, and who the title favorites might be next season.
- When: Friday, July 5
- Blackhawks Talk: Pat Boyle, Charlie Roumeliotis, Adam Burish, Jamal Mayers and Steve Konroydtake listeners inside the dressing room of the Madhouse on Madison to discuss all things NHL.
- On this week’s episode: Blackhawks goaltender Robin Lehner joints the podcast to discuss mental health, the goaltending competition with Corey Crawford, his potential workload with the team, and much more. Then, Pat and Charlie react to the interview and discuss how goaltending starts could be split between Lehner and Crawford.
- When: Tuesday, July 9
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien,Ryan McGuffey, andChris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episodes: This week’s episode of the “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast features a special presentation detailing a number of incredible inside stories about Chicago Bulls/NBA legend Michael Jordan’s brief playing career in the White Sox organization in 1994.
- When: Wednesday, June 26
- Available here: The “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast is presented cross-platform (TV/Live Streaming/”MyTeams” app) at 7:00 PM CT; https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, com/podcastsor via the new MyTeamsby NBC Sports app
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, along with special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episodes: This week’s episodes of the “Cubs Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast include a first-half season recap and interviews with Cubs All-Stars Kris Bryant, Javy Baez, and Willson Contreras. In addition, the crew discuss what the Cubs need to do in the second-half of the season to assure a return to the playoffs, and Cubs SVP of Player Development and Amateur Scouting Jason McLeod joins the podcast for an exclusive interview.
- When:Monday, July 8, Wednesday, July 10 & Friday, July 12
- Available here: https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk podcast.com/podcastsor via the new MyTeamsby NBC Sports app
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, Evan Silva, Roto Pat, RichHribar and Ray Summerlin give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL.
- On this week’s episodes: On Monday’s episode, the crew goes through the big question facing every AFC team, if Sam Darnold is on the right track, and if Nick Foles can really help the Jagaurs. Then, on Thursday’s episode, the crew discusses the big question facing the NFC teams.
- When: Monday, July 8 and Thursday, July 11
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew three times a week they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
- On this week’s episode: Jared Johnson joins Mike Gallagher to discuss the fantasy angles on the Clippers, Raptors, Lakers, and Thunder after a wild weekend in the NBA offseason. They discuss the tiers that are taking shape, and how to pinpoint ADP on the stars.
- When: Tuesday, July 9
- Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/NBA
– NBC SPORTS –