MLB: Yankees Host Indians and Orioles Welcome Cardinals in Doubleheader Saturday on FOX Sports 1
STUDIO SHOWS: FOX SPORTS LIVE and AMERICA’S PREGAME Report from NFL Training Camps
UFC: UFC Champion Jon Jones and Challenger Daniel Cormier Address Recent Brawl
on FOX Sports 1’s UFC TONIGHT
#ICYMI:FOX SPORTS LIVE takes an in-depth look the Cleveland Cavaliers potentially trading No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Kevin Love: http://bit.ly/1qWUpL8
BACK-TO-BACK MLB ON FOX SPORTS 1 DOUBLEHEADER THIS SATURDAY
- Network: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Saturday, August 9
o Cleveland Indians at New York Yankees: Kenny Albert & Eric Karros (1:00 PM ET)
o St. Louis Cardinals at Baltimore Orioles: Joe Davis & Billy Ripken (4:00 PM ET)
- Network/When/On-air Talent: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, weekdays
o Thursday, August 7 (1:00 AM ET) – Ryan Field & Gabe Kapler
o Friday, August 8 (12:00 AM ET) – Ryan Field & Mark Sweeney
o Monday, August 11 (10:00 PM ET) – TBD
o Tuesday, August 12 (10:00 PM ET) – TBD
o Wednesday, August 13 (10:00 PM ET) – TBD
- What: This MLB centric program expands FOX Sports 1’s commitment to baseball coverage with quick-turnaround highlights of in-progress games, MLB news and analysis. The hour-long program originates from Studio A in Los Angeles.
NASCAR TURNS RIGHT AT WATKINS GLEN THIS WEEKEND; HORNISH JR. JOINS FOX SPORTS 1 BOOTH ON FRIDAY - The NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES hits the road to turn right for the second and final time this weekend during its stop at Watkins Glen International, a road course in New York. With only five races remaining to qualify for the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup, many view Watkins Glen as the best opportunity for some drivers, such as Marcos Ambrose and AJ Allmendinger, to punch their ticket to the Chase with a trip to Victory Lane. FOX Sports 1 offers live coverage of Friday’s Sprint Cup and NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES practice sessions, beginning at 9:30 AM ET on Friday, August 8. NASCAR driver Sam Hornish Jr. joins the FOX Sports 1 broadcast booth as analyst for Friday’s Nationwide Series sessions.
NASCAR RACE HUB
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO; Monday through Thursdays (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Co-hosts Steve Byrnes, Danielle Trotta and Adam Alexander; Matt Clark, Bob Dillner, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds
- This Week: Sit-down interview with Steve Letarte, Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s crew chief, and “Crunching the Numbers” feature for the weekend on Thursday, August 7
- Next Week: Feature marking the 25th anniversary of the death of driver Tim Richmond on Tuesday, August 12
NASCAR RACEDAY FROM WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports GO; Sunday, Aug. 10 (11:00 AM ET)
- Talent: John Roberts, Jeff Hammond, Kenny Wallace, Bob Dillner and Rutledge Wood
- This Week: NASCAR RACEDAY offers a detailed look at the art of the pit stop at a road course with Team Penske pit crew coach, Trent Cherry, and a feature on the evolution of road courses in NASCAR.
UFC TONIGHT – JON JONES AND DANIEL CORMIER ADDRESS ALTERCATION AND UFC 178, HOLLY HOLM INTERVIEW, STANN GUEST HOSTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, August 6 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenny Florian, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani and guest hosts Daniel Cormier and Brian Stann
- This Week: Guest host Daniel Cormier discusses his recent brawl and upcoming fight with Jon Jones at UFC 178. Brian Stann also joins as a guest host. The crew interviews newly signed women’s bantamweight Holly Holm, plus Karyn Bryant attends UFC 178 media day and interviews Jones about the altercation with Cormier and the upcoming title fight. Bryant also interviews Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier and adds reports alongside Ariel Helwani.
UFC UNLEASHED: FROM THE BRINK OF DEFEAT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, August 6 (9:00 PM ET)
- This Week: Inside the UFC’s Octagon, anything can happen, and these unbelievable come-from-behind victories from Brock Lesnar, Jim Miller, Donald Cerrone, and more prove it.
UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER – DILLASHAW PREPS FOR TITLE REMATCH, CUNG LE ACTION HERO, JURY TAKEDOWN
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2 / FOX Sports GO, Sunday, August 10 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik
- This Week: Newly minted UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw credits much of his success to coach and former UFC fighter Duane “Bang” Ludwig. As the duo prepares for a momentous rematch against former champ Renan Barao, witness how they plan to solve the notorious Brazilian for a second time. Cung Le’s creative and dynamic striking has made him into a MMA icon, and Hollywood has taken notice. From starring alongside A-listers to working with top directors, Le recounts how his work as an action star has elevated his game, and helped prepare him for his upcoming headliner against Michael Bisping in Macau. At 14-0, lightweight phenom Myles Jury is one of the UFC’s fastest rising stars. Jury weighs in on how he has handled the pressures mounting with each fight, and how he intends to continue his momentous trajectory. Watch UFC champions Demetrious Johnson and TJ Dillashaw’s exclusive Octagonside play-by-play for the middleweight title fight barnburner between Chris Weidman and Lyoto Machida.
UFC FIGHTER’S CUT: JOHNY HENDRICKS RELIVES LAWLER TITLE FIGHT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, August 13 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks
- This Week: UFC welterweight champion Johny “Bigg Rigg” Hendricks takes viewers through the top knockouts of his career and relives his epic five-round battle with Robbie Lawler for the UFC title.
BEST OF THE WEC – JOHNSON, LAMAS AND THE KOREAN ZOMBIE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Wednesday, August 13 (9:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenda Perez
- This Week: The WEC’s lighter-weight fighters were known for their nonstop cardio and action that looked like it was unfolding in fast-forward. See three of these memorable brawls including Demetrious Johnson, Ricardo Lamas and Chan Sung Jung (The Korean Zombie) on THE BEST OF WEC.
FOX SPORTS LIVE – FOCUS INTENSIFIES ON COLLEGE AND PRO FOOTBALL WITH SEASONS LOOMING, ROBERT QUINN FEATURE, NIGHTLY PGA CHAMPIONSHIP REPORTS,
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Ryan Field, Mike Garafolo, Gabe Kapler, Joel Klatt, Donovan McNabb, Petros Papadakis, Brady Quinn, Cole Wright.
- This Week: With both the NCAA and NFL seasons on the immediate horizon, FOX SPORTS LIVE’s focus shifts to football with enhanced nightly reporting and analysis of all the day’s news from the gridiron. The panel enhances this week’s coverage, featuring regular analysts Donovan McNabb and Joel Klatt, Insider Mike Garafolo and the show debut of former college and pro quarterback Brady Quinn. Thursday night marks the airing of a special feature Garafolo shot with St. Louis Rams’ all-pro defensive end Robert Quinn, focusing on his ascension among the league’s elite defensive players and his unusual off-the-field passion for skateboarding. Beginning Wednesday night and continuing through the week, FOX Sports 1 golf analyst Robert Lusetich provides nightly wraps from the Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, KY, site of this year’s PGA Championship that begins Thursday morning. Another highlight this week was an essay that aired during Tuesday night’s program, taking an in-depth look at the high-stakes decision facing the Cleveland Cavaliers as they explore a potential trade of No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Kevin Love. Tracked by host Ryan Field, the essay can be viewed in its entirety here: http://bit.ly/1qWUpL8.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – NFL TRAINING CAMP SITE HITS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, weekdays (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Hill, Molly McGrath, Mike Garafolo, CJ Nitkowski, Kirk Morrison, Brady Quinn
- This Week: With Mike and Molly both back in-studio and a full week’s worth of shows, AMERICA’S PREGAME offers comprehensive NFL coverage with daily training camp hits from FOX Sports 1 correspondents in local markets and in-studio analysis from former players Kirk Morrison and Brady Quinn, in addition to NFL Insider Mike Garafolo. On the heels of Monday’s brawl with light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the lobby of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, contender Daniel Cormier is in-studio to recap the week’s events and offer a preview for the main event showdown at UFC 178 on Sept. 27.
MANCHESTER CITY TAKES ON ARSENAL IN THE FA COMMUNITY SHIELD
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Sunday, August 10 (9:30 AM ET)
- Talent: Rob Stone hosts in-studio with Eric Wynalda, Warren Barton, Julie Stewart-Binks and Brian McBride
- This Week: The FA Community Shield features the Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City and the FA Cup champions Arsenal in an attractive encounter at London’s Wembley Stadium.
REAL MADRID FACES SEVILLA IN THE UEFA SUPER CUP
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Tuesday, August 12 (2:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Rob Stone hosts in-studio with Eric Wynalda, Warren Barton, Julie Stewart-Binks and Brian McBride
- This Week: The UEFA Super Cup takes place between UEFA Champions League winners Real Madrid and UEFA Europa League victors Sevilla.
BELMONTES HAS HOMETOWN EDGE AGAINST COTTO IN EXCITING GOLDEN BOY BOXING NIGHT, SAYS DURAN
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Deportes / FOX Sports GO, Thursday, August 7 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Dave Bontempo, Beto Duran and Jessica Rosales
- This Week: In the main event of Golden Boy Live!, Jerry “The Corpus Christi Kid” Belmontes (19-4, 5 KOs) returns to his hometown to face Puerto Rico’s Abner “Pin” Cotto (17-2, 8 KOs) in a 10-round junior lightweight bout at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas. FOX Sports boxing analyst Beto Duran is excited to see Belmontes fighting at home: “A Jerry Belmontes fight in Corpus Christi is going to be something to see, especially after his great fight with Omar Figueroa. I’d love to see that fight again, but first Belmontes has a tough fight against a young man with good bloodlines in Abner Cotto. This is a great main event.” Plus, rising junior welterweight star KeAndrae Gibson (10-0-1, 3 KOs), fighting out of Austin, Texas, squares off with Fort Worth’s Jose Hernandez (14-7-1, 6 KOs) in the eight-round co-main event. “I’m really eager to see how Gibson looks in the co-main event against a quality veteran in Hernandez,” says Duran.
IRON MIKE PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS VASQUEZ JR. VS. STEVENSON TITLE BOUT BETWEEN UNDEFEATED FIGHTERS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Deportes / FOX Sports GO, Friday, August 8 (9:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Bob Sheridan, Raul Marquez (FOX Sports 1); Mauricio Cardenas, Daniel Ponce De Leon (FOX Deportes)
- This Week: Sammy Vasquez Jr. (15-0, 11 KOs) and James Stevenson (21-0, 14 KOs) square off in a main event IBF/USBA Welterweight title bout presented by Mike Tyson’s Iron Mike Productions from CONSUL Energy Center in Pittsburgh. Vasquez fights in his third nationally televised fight of the year against undefeated Stevenson. After opening in July live from Miami, this event marks the second Iron Mike fight card to air on FOX Sports 1.
SARATOGA SPECIAL & ADIRONDACK STAKES DELIVER JOCKEY CLUB ON FOX SPORTS 1 THIS SUNDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Sunday, August 10 (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Greg Wolf, Richard Migliore, Simon Bray, Andy Serling, Alyssa Ali
- What: FOX Sports 1 welcomes another 90-minute edition of THE JOCKEY CLUB this Sunday from the 109th running of the Toyota Saratoga Special Stakes and the 98th running of the Adirondack Stakes, both Grade II events carrying purses of $200,000. The broadcast team looks back at the great two-year-olds that have run at Saratoga through the years and looks ahead with a feature about a group of young bloggers from Boston visiting Saratoga for the first time. The program also features a young female jockey by the name of Taylor Rice.
RED BULL AIR RACE TITLE STILL WIDE OPEN SAYS MANGOLD
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Sports GO, Monday, August 11 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Nick Fellows and analyst Mike Mangold
- This Week:In the Red Bull Air Race, pilots fly against the clock as they try to navigate their planes as fast as possible through a challenging low-altitude slalom course filled with air gate obstacles, enduring forces of up to 10 Gs in the tight air-course turns. After three races, Hannes Arch of Austria leads the championship with 30 points. Arch – who in 2008 became the first European to claim the world title – has been the most consistent this year. But Paul Bonhomme of Great Britain, the defending world champion, is a mere five points behind in second. “With no clear favorite for the season title, the pilots are aware that a perfect performance in Poland could shake up the standings or solidify a lead,” says FOX Sports 1 analyst Mike Mangold. “This is a thinking man’s track and it will take smart flying on the Baltic Sea to capture the win.” At the Polish port of Gdynia, one of the largest container ports on the Baltic and a port of call for many cruise ships, temperate conditions will enable the planes to achieve top performance, though any Baltic winds could be a significant factor.