NASCAR ON FOX IS ALL-IN THIS WEEKEND IN LAS VEGAS
FOX COLLEGE HOOPS: MARCH MADNESS GETS UNDERWAY ON FOX SPORTS 1
FOX SOCCER: FA CUP ROUND 6 THIS WEEKEND ON FOX SPORTS 1 & FOX SPORTS 2;
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CONTINUES ON FOX SPORTS 1 NEXT WEEK
Following a dominating win by Kevin Harvick at Phoenix International Raceway last week in only his second start for Stewart-Haas Racing, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series heads to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the season’s third race, live on FOX on Sunday, March 9 (3:00 PM ET) with pre-race coverage beginning at 2:30 PM ET. Mike Joy leads the NASCAR on FOX booth with analysis from NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and former crew chief Larry McReynolds. Chris Myers hosts with analysis from Michael Waltrip and pit reports from Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Krista Voda and Matt Yocum.
FOX Sports 1’s NASCAR RACEDAY (1:30 PM ET) kicks off Sunday’s coverage, immediately followed by network pre-race coverage on FOX NASCAR SUNDAY (2:30 PM ET). FOX Deportes telecasts the race live beginning at 3:00 PM ET, while FOX Sports GO, the app that provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, offers live streaming of the race, as well as all practice and qualifying sessions telecast on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. Customers of participating video providers may access the live streams of the race through the FOX Sports GO app for iOS devices, as well as on desktops through FOXSportsGO.com.
FOX Sports 1 features live coverage of NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES and NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES practice and qualifying sessions from Las Vegas on Friday, while FOX Sports 2 picks up on Saturday. Sunday’s NASCAR VICTORY LANE on FOX Sports 1 features complete post-race interviews and analysis of the day’s pivotal moments.
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACING FROM LAS VEGAS
Network/When: FOX, Sunday, March 9 (3:00 PM ET)
· Talent: Mike Joy leads the NASCAR on FOX booth with analysis from NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and former crew chief Larry McReynolds. Chris Myers hosts alongside Michael Waltrip with pit reports from Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Krista Voda and Matt Yocum.
DARRELL WALTRIP ON KURT BUSCH RUNNING THE INDY/CHARLOTTE DOUBLE:
“What I particularly like about Kurt is his willingness to step outside the box and take chances; do something different. He had his own drag car, which he’d always wanted to do. That was a great experience for him. Indy cars are intriguing to all of us. Even back in my driving days, there were drivers who did both Indy and NASCAR — the Allisons and Cale (Yarborough) — but it never appealed to me because the cars were dangerous and scared me a bit. I like Kurt’s willingness to take chances. That’s how he is on the track and how his whole life has been. He’s willing to take chances and put it all on the line. It’s a big risk, but it could be a big reward.”
DARRELL WALTRIP ON STEWART-HAAS RACING’S 2014 START:
“It doesn’t surprise me Kevin Harvick and Rodney Childers have had success so fast. Rodney is smart and a racer; he has driven before, so he understands the car and what a driver needs. He’s laid back where Kevin can be high strung at times. Tony Stewart has a new crew chief and has been trying to compete injured, which is hard. I haven’t seen it visibly affect him yet, but having been hurt myself, it’s a huge distraction, although you can drive through it. He’s not 100 percent yet. I can’t assess Danica. I hope we haven’t seen the best of her, but when drivers come in with high expectations and perceived potential but don’t live up to that immediately, sometimes they never do. She’s had some bad luck but most of that is because of where she has been running. She is off to a shaky start and needs something good to happen to boost her confidence.”
FOX NASCAR SUNDAY LAS VEGAS PRE-RACE SHOW
· Network/When: FOX, Sunday, March 9 (2:30 PM ET)
· Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum and Krista Voda
· This Week: An in-depth feature with Kevin Harvick regarding his Phoenix win and fast start with Stewart-Haas Racing; “Gas ‘N Go” segment with Chris Myers and Darrell Waltrip; Michael Waltrip’s “grid walk” prior to the start of the race.
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, March 9 (1:30 PM ET)
· Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum, Krista Voda and Rutledge Wood
· This Week: McReynolds chats with crew chief Rodney Childers regarding his new pairing with Kevin Harvick and their win at Phoenix; Wood goes for an aerial acrobatic adventure in a Red Bull stunt plane with pilot Kirby Chambliss; sit-down interview with Casey Mears of Germain Racing regarding their stellar start to the 2014 season and challenges of a one-car team; Vegas insider Todd Fuhrman reveals the odds this week.
NASCAR VICTORY LANE
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, March 9 (8:00 PM ET; delayed)
· Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Matt Yocum and Krista Voda
NASCAR RACE HUB
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Thursday, March 6 (4:00 PM ET), Monday, March 10 (3:00 PM ET), Tuesday, March 11 (12:00 PM ET); Wednesday, March 12 (12:00 ET)
· Talent: Co-hosts Steve Byrnes, Danielle Trotta and Adam Alexander; analysts Matt Clark; Bob Dillner and Larry McReynolds
MARCH MADNESS GETS UNDERWAY ON FOX SPORTS 1 – March Madness is underway on FOX Sports 1 this week with exciting regular-season conclusions in the BIG EAST and Pac-12, as well as the Big 12 and BIG EAST conference women’s basketball tournaments.
FOX Sports 1’s coverage this week includes games with major NCAA Tournament implications, as Xavier looks to bolster its NCAA resume against No. 6 Villanova on Thursday, March 6 (7:00 PM ET), while Georgetown also looks to pick up a signature win against the Wildcats on Saturday, March 8 (2:00 PM ET). Villanova, on the other hand, is looking to lock up the BIG EAST regular-season title.
FOX Sports 1 also presents coverage of the Big 12 and BIG EAST women’s tournaments, beginning with the Big 12 semifinals on Sunday, March 9. The BIG EAST semifinals get underway on Monday, March 10, before the Big 12 crowns its champion that night, while the BIG EAST champions cut down the nets on Tuesday, March 11.
FOX COLLEGE HOOPS TIP-OFF
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Thursday, March 6 (6:30 PM ET) and Saturday, March 8 (11:00 AM ET)
· Talent: Don Bell, Mike Hill, Austin Croshere and/or Marques Johnson
· This Week: Legendary Georgetown coach John Thompson sits down for a conversation with his son, FOX Sports 1 college basketball analyst Ronny Thompson, on Saturday, March 8 (11:00 AM ET).
This week’s full college basketball schedule, including broadcaster information, can be found below.
|DATE||TIME (ET)||GAME||NETWORK||Play by Play||Analyst|
|Wednesday, March 5||11:00 PM||#3 Arizona at Oregon State||FOX Sports 1||Rob Stone||Marques Johnson|
|Thursday, March 6||7:00 PM||#6 Villanova at Xavier||FOX Sports 1||Justin Kutcher||Donny Marshall|
|Thursday, March 6||9:00 PM||Butler at DePaul||FOX Sports 1||Mike Gleason||Kevin O’Neill|
|Friday, March 7||7:00 PM||Big 12 Tournament First Round (w)||FCS||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Friday, March 7||9:30 PM||Big 12 Tournament First Round (w)||FCS||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Saturday, March 8||12:00 PM||St. John’s at Marquette||FOX Sports 1||Mike Gleason||Stephen Bardo|
|Saturday, March 8||12:00 PM||Big 12 Tournament Quarterfinal (w)||FSN||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Saturday, March 8||2:00 PM||Georgetown at #6 Villanova||FOX Sports 1||Gus Johnson||Bob Wenzel|
|Saturday, March 8||2:30 PM||Big 12 Tournament Quarterfinal (w)||FSN||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Saturday, March 8||4:30 PM||Seton Hall at Butler||FOX Sports 1||Justin Kutcher||Brevin Knight|
|Saturday, March 8||7:00 PM||Big 12 Tournament Quarterfinal (w)||FSN||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Saturday, March 8||9:30 PM||Big 12 Tournament Quarterfinal (w)||FSN||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Saturday, March 8||11:00 PM||UCLA at Washington State||FOX Sports 1||TBD||Corey Williams|
|Sunday, March 9||3:00 PM||Big 12 Tournament Semifinal (w)||FOX Sports 1||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Sunday, March 9||5:30 PM||Big 12 Tournament Semifinal (w)||FOX Sports 1||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Monday, March 10||4:00 PM||BIG EAST Tournament Semifinal (w)||FOX Sports 1||Tiffany Greene||LaChina Robinson|
|Monday, March 10||6:30 PM||BIG EAST Tournament Semifinal (w)||FOX Sports 1||Tiffany Greene||LaChina Robinson|
|Monday, March 10||9:00 PM||Big 12 Tournament Final||FOX Sports 1||Ron Thulin||Brenda VanLengen|
|Tuesday, March 11||9:00 PM||BIG EAST Tournament Final (w)||FOX Sports 1||Tiffany Greene||LaChina Robinson|
UFC TONIGHT – GILBERT MELENDEZ GUEST HOSTS, GUSTAFSSON AND MANUWA INTERVIEWS
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, March 5 (7:00 PM ET)
· Talent: Kenny Florian, Chael Sonnen, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: On UFC TONIGHT, recently resigned UFC lightweight Gilbert Melendez joins the show as a guest host and discusses his upcoming coaching stint on THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER Season 20 and his pending title fight against Anthony Pettis. He joins hosts Kenny Florian and Chael Sonnen interviewing Alexander Gustafsson and Jimi Manuwa going into their UFC FIGHT NIGHT headliner bout this weekend. Karyn Bryant and Ariel Helwani provide reports.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER NATIONS – FINAL PRELIM FEATURES GRUJIC VS. HARRIS
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, March 5 (10:00 PM ET)
· Talent: Patrick Côté, Kyle Noke
- This Week: On this episode of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER NATIONS: CANADA VS. AUSTRALIA, the final match-up of the prelims features Aussie striker Vik Grujic versus Canadian Luke Harris. A veteran MMA fighter, Harris is co-owner of a successful sportswear brand, while Grujic is a house painter, cancer survivor, and father of three daughters. For Harris, a win will help grow his business; for Grujic it will feed his children.
UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER – UFC 170 RECAP, SHOGUN VS. HENDO RECOUNT EPIC BATTLE AT UFC 139
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, March 9 (6:30 PM ET)
· Talent: Host Jon Anik
- This Week: Watch exclusive coverage of UFC 170 from all new angles as Olympic medalists Ronda Rousey and Sara McMann headline an action packed card from Las Vegas. Then, before their much anticipated encore, mixed martial arts legends Dan Henderson and Shogun Rua recount their epic first meeting that is universally acclaimed as one of the greatest fights of all-time. Finally, UFC Hall of Famers Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar are mic’d up for the controversial five-round title bout between welterweight kingpin Georges St-Pierre and heavy handed contender Johny Hendricks.
COUNTDOWN TO UFC 171 PREVIEWS WELTERWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT BETWEEN HENDRICKS AND LAWLER
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, March 9 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Johny Hendricks, Robbie Lawler
- This Week: The one-hour special previews UFC 171’s headlining welterweight championship bout between Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler, who fight for the title that Georges St-Pierre recently vacated. The show also focuses on the night’s other key bout, welterweight contenders Carlos Condit vs. Tyron Woodley, and a potential lightweight barnburner between Diego Sanchez and Myles Jury.
ENGLAND’S FA CUP QUARTERFINALS THIS WEEKEND ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX SPORTS 2
FOX Sports 1 gets soccer fans ready for coverage this Saturday as Arsenal takes on Everton in the FA Cup, live from Emirates Stadium in London. Then on Sunday, viewers switch over to FOX Sports 2 for a rematch of last year’s final as Manchester City hopes to avenge its loss against Wigan. Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup games will determine the highly-anticipated semifinals.
- Network/When: Arsenal vs. Everton, FOX Sports 1, Sat., March 8 (7:00 AM ET pregame / 7:30 AM ET kickoff)
- Sheffield United vs. Charlton, FOX Soccer Plus, Sun., March 9 (7:55 AM ET)
- Hull City vs. Sunderland, FOX Soccer Plus, Sun., March 9 (9:55 AM ET)
- Manchester City vs. Wigan, FOX Sports 2, Sun., March 9 (12:00 PM ET)
- FA CUP GOALS, FOX Sports 2, Sun., March 9 (2:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Rob Stone with analysts Eric Wynalda and Warren Barton.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE KNOCKOUT ROUNDS RESUME NEXT WEEK ON FOX SPORTS 1
Europe’s top teams battle it out once more in the return legs of the Round of 16, for a coveted spot in the final eight of the tournament. Last year’s champions, Germany’s Bayern Munich take on Barclays Premier League giants Arsenal on Tuesday, while Wednesday features a quick turnaround for English side Manchester City following FA Cup action, as they face off against Lionel Messi and Barcelona.
Network/When: Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal, FOX Sports 1, Tues., March 11 (3:00 PM ET pregame / 3:45 PM ET kickoff)
- Atletico Madrid vs. AC Milan, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer Plus, Tues., March 11 (3:00 PM ET pregame / 3:45 PM ET kickoff)
- Barcelona vs. Manchester City, FOX Sports 1, Wed., March 12 (3:00 PM ET pregame / 3:45 PM ET kickoff)
- Paris SG vs. Bayer Leverkusen, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer Plus, Wed., March 12 (3:00 PM ET pregame / 3:45 PM ET kickoff)
- Talent: Host Will Selva with analysts Eric Wynalda, Warren Barton and Brian McBride.
CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RETURNS WITH THE QUARTERFINALS FIRST LEG
- Network/When: QF 1: Alajuelense vs. Arabe Unido, FOX Soccer Plus, Mon., March 10 (10:00 PM ET)
- QF 2: San Jose Earthquakes vs. Toluca, FOX Sports 2, Tues. March. 11 (10:00 PM ET)
- QF 3: Sporting KC vs. Cruz Azul, FOX Sports 2, Wed., Mar. 12 (8:00 PM ET)
- QF 4: LA Galaxy vs. Club Tijuana, FOX Soccer Plus, Wed., Mar. 12 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: QF 1: Dave Denholm and Keith Costigan, QF 2: John Strong and Brian Dunseth, QF 3: Steve Cangialosi and Janusz Michallik, QF 4: JP Dellacamera and Cobi Jones.
MONSTER ENERGY TITLE SHAKEUP AHEAD OF SATURDAY’S DAYTONA FETE
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, March 8 (7:30 PM ET)
· Talent: Ralph Sheheen, Jeff Emig, Ricky Carmichael and Jenny Taft
· This Week: Last week’s AMA Monster Energy Supercross Series stop in Indianapolis shook up the 450SX title race in dramatic fashion, as Ryan Dungey’s first victory of 2014 vaulted him to second in points only 23 behind three-time and defending champion Ryan Villopoto heading into this weekend’s historic Daytona International Speedway fete on FOX Sports 1. After an early incident at Indy, the recently surging Ken Roczen slipped three points behind Dungey into third while James ‘Bubba’ Stewart is a mere four points shy in fourth. This weekend’s outdoor event, contested on a course designed by FOX Monster Energy Supercross analyst and series super star Ricky Carmichael, also kicks off Daytona 200 Week, one of the most prestigious motorcycle road racing events in the world.
WORLD’S BEST SNOWBOARDERS COMPETE AT BURTON US OPEN SNOWBOARDING CHAMPIONSHIPS
· Network/When: FOX Sports 2, Friday, March 7 & Saturday, March 8
· Talent: Host Preston Strout & analyst Tom Monterosso
· This Week: The world’s best snowboarders gather in Vail, Colo., for the 32nd Annual Burton US Open Snowboarding Championships. FOX Sports 2 brings more than five hours of live coverage in four different shows of the longest-running premier snowboard contest in the world. The Burton US Open features both halfpipe and slopestyle events, with Olympic gold medalists Kaitlyn Farrington and Jamie Anderson, plus X Games halfpipe champion Danny Davis and others competing.
- Burton US Open Women’s Slopestyle Finals – Friday, March 7 (1:30 PM ET)
- Burton US Open Men’s Slopestyle Finals – Friday, March 7 (4:00 PM ET)
- Burton US Open Men’s Halfpipe Finals – Saturday, March 8 (4:00 PM ET)
- Burton US Open Women’s Halfpipe Finals – Saturday, March 8 (6:00 PM ET)
FOX SPORTS LIVE
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
· Talent: Charissa Thompson, Gary Payton, Ephraim Salaam, Greg Wolf, Ryan Field, Don Bell, Mike Hill, Bill Reiter, Gabe Kapler
FOX FOOTBALL DAILY
· Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Thursday, March 6 (6:00 PM ET),
· Talent: Joel Klatt, Kirk Morrison, Ryan Nece
· Guest: Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII MVP Malcolm Smith
CROWD GOES WILD
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Thursday, March 6 (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Georgie Thompson, Jason Gay, Michael Kosta, Katie Nolan, Trevor Pryce and guest panelist, Jeff Pearlman (Sports Writer/New York Times Best Selling Author) on 3/6
- Guests: Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson (Presenter, Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey/Astrophysicist)
JOCKEY CLUB ON FOX
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, March 8 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Greg Wolf, Richard Migliore, Andy Serling, Simon Bray and Alyssa Ali
- This Week: The Jockey Club, in conjunction with FOX Sports 1, broadcast the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap from Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Cali. The 77th edition of the Big ‘Cap is expected to feature leading handicap horses Game On Dude, Mucho Macho Man and Will Take Charge. Mucho Macho Man beat Will Take Charge by a nose in the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at Santa Anita last November.
- Preview: Hall of Fame Jockey Gary Stevens, who will be aboard Mucho Macho Man in Saturday’s $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap: “It’s definitely one of the best races that I’ve ever seen as far as competition in the top three, and it’s the most contentious one that I’ve ridden in as far as quality goes.”