MLB ON FOX: Angels vs. Yankees / Pirates vs. Cardinals Saturday Doubleheader on FOX Sports 1
NASCAR: Harvick Looks for Third Win This Season Saturday on FOX
SOCCER: UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League Final Four on FOX Sports 1
In Case You Missed It – FOX SPORTS LIVE: Parents are naming their kids FOX Sports 1: http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/fs1-onrait-about-fox-sports-live-on-fox-sports-1_9p
ANGELS VS. YANKEES / PIRATES VS. CARDINALS SATURDAY ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 26 (12:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Kevin Burkhardt introduces fans to Saturday’s baseball action from FOX Sports 1’s Los Angeles studio, analysts Gabe Kapler and Eric Karros.
o Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim @ New York Yankees: Kenny Albert, Tom Verducci & Ken Rosenthal (reporter) (1:00 PM ET)
o Pittsburgh Pirates at St. Louis Cardinals: Justin Kutcher & C.J. Nitkowski (4:00 PM ET)
MLB WHIPAROUND CONTINUES ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Weekdays
o Thursday, April 24 (10:00 PM ET) – Ryan Field, Gabe Kapler, C.J. Nitkowski
o Friday, April 25 (10:00 PM ET) – Ryan Field, Gabe Kapler
o Monday, April 28 (12:00 AM ET) – Chris Myers, C.J. Nitkowski, Gabe Kapler
o Tuesday, April 29 (10:00 PM ET) – TBD
o Wednesday, April 30 (12:00 AM ET) – TBD
- This Week: This nightly program expands FOX Sports 1’s commitment to baseball coverage with quick-turnaround highlights of in-progress games, MLB news and analysis. The hour-long program originates from Los Angeles.
DEREK JETER: A TRIBUTE PREMIERES ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, April 29 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Derek Jeter, Joe Torre
- This Week: New York Yankees shortstop, The Captain, Derek Jeter has made a lasting impression as one of the most graceful, successful and iconic figures not just in baseball, but in all sports. DEREK JETER: A TRIBUTE is a one-hour special narrated by Jeter’s longtime manager Joe Torre and features more than 30 current players sharing personal anecdotes and memories in the days following Jeter’s announcement that this season would be his last. Sneak Peek: http://atmlb.com/1hlCHpu
NASCAR ON FOX, FOX SPORTS 1 & FOX SPORTS 2 FROM RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY – It’s back to work for NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES teams this weekend at Richmond International Raceway after the season’s first off-weekend. In the series’ last outing two weeks ago at Darlington, Kevin Harvick became the season’s first multi-race winner with his dominating victory in the year’s eighth race, breaking the streak of seven different winners in as many races. Veteran drivers such as reigning champion Jimmie Johnson and current points’ leader Jeff Gordon remain winless in 2014.
EARNHARDT JR. OR KYLE BUSCH ARE THE NEXT MULTI-RACE WINNERS IN 2014, SAYS WALTRIP: “With five top-three finishes in eight races, Dale Earnhardt Jr. has had consistency,” says NASCAR on FOX analyst Darrell Waltrip. “He could have won Las Vegas if he hadn’t run out of gas. He finished second at Darlington, so I look for him to get another win. Kyle Busch could get it done this weekend at Richmond, too.”
KEVIN HARVICK’S TEAM IS TOPS IN THE GARAGE, SAYS MCREYNOLDS: “I view Harvick’s two wins as a bit of an artificial stat,” says NASCAR on FOX analyst Larry McReynolds. “While the box score is the box score, if you look at the way they were running at Las Vegas, Bristol and Texas before they had mechanical issues, he could have four or five wins to his credit. They still need to make sure mechanical issues don’t continue to haunt them, but the No. 4 team has a leg up on the competition at the moment.”
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACING FROM RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
- Network/When: FOX, Saturday, April 26 (7:00 PM ET); FOX Deportes on Sunday, April 27 (2:00 AM ET; delayed), FOX Sports GO for participating video providers
- Talent: Mike Joy leads the NASCAR on FOX booth with analysis from NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and former crew chief Larry McReynolds. Chris Myers hosts alongside Michael Waltrip with pit reports from Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Krista Voda and Matt Yocum.
FOX NASCAR SATURDAY RICHMOND PRE-RACE SHOW
- Network/When: FOX, Saturday, April 26 (6:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum and Krista Voda
- Guests: Kevin Harvick, the NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES’ only multiple-race winner so far this season.
- This Week: The “art of the restart” at Richmond
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2, Saturday, April 26 (5:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum, Krista Voda and Rutledge Wood
- Guests: Denny Hamlin, Carl Edwards, Marcos Ambrose and Clint Bowyer
- This Week: McReynolds sits down with Matt Kenseth’s crew chief, Jason Ratcliff; Kaitlyn Vincie with a special “Mock Run” segment; rookie profile on driver Ryan Truex.
NASCAR RACE HUB
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Thursday, April 24 (12:00 PM ET), Monday, April 28 (4:00 PM ET), Tuesday, April 29 (12:00 PM ET); Wednesday, April 30 (12:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Co-hosts Steve Byrnes, Danielle Trotta and Adam Alexander; analysts Matt Clark; Bob Dillner, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds
- This Week: “Crunching the Numbers” for Richmond, “Let It Ride” Las Vegas odds segment and team grades through the first eight races on Thursday, April 24
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE SEMIFINALS KICK OFF
o Benfica vs. Juventus, FOX Sports 1, Thursday, April 24 (2:30 PM ET)
o Sevilla vs. Valenica, FOX Sports 2, Thursday, April 24 (2:30 PM ET)
- Talent: John Strong calls the Benfica-Juventus match alongside analyst Brian McBride. Rob Stone hosts, analysts McBride, Warren Barton, Janusz Michallik and FOX Sports soccer insider and Sports Illustrated senior columnist Grant Wahl.
THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMIFINALS WRAP UP NEXT WEEK
o Bayern Munich vs. Real Madrid, FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, April 29 (2:00 PM ET);
o Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea, FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 30 (2:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Gus Johnson calls the Bayern Munich-Real Madrid match alongside analyst Eric Wynalda. Host Rob Stone, analysts Warren Barton, Brian McBride, 2008 UEFA Champions League winner Mikael Silvestre (Tuesday) and former Chelsea defender Mario Melchiot (Wednesday), plus FOX Sports soccer insider and Sports Illustrated senior columnist Grant Wahl.
WORLD CUP FEVER CONTINUES WITH FINAL EPISODE IN RISE AS ONE SERIES
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, April 29 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Andrew Hamilton, Rudolf Zehmisch, Jay Winter, Lorraine Blackall, Una Barrie.
- What: Budweiser and FOX Sports’ documentary series culminates with the sixth and final episode, “World War Truce,” which looks at Christmas Eve during World War I between the Germans and Brits and how it testified to the unifying power of soccer.
TEIXEIRA PRESENTS UNIQUE CHALLENGES FOR JONES AT UFC 172 TITLE FIGHT, SAYS ROGAN: This weekend the UFC heads to Baltimore, Md., for UFC 172, headlined by a light heavyweight title bout between champion Jon Jones and challenger Glover Teixeira. UFC analyst Joe Rogan believes Teixeira presents a lot of unique challenges for Jones: “Teixeira has been a mixed martial arts fighter for a long time. He’s been a longtime training partner of [former champion] Chuck Liddell, he’s trained all over the world and his results inside the Octagon have been nothing short of spectacular. He has vicious one-punch knockout power, he has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and he’s a real threat to Jon Jones’ title. He’s got to figure out a way to get inside the long strikes of Jones, time them, close the distance quickly and land the devastating shots.” To watch his breakdown of the fight, click here: http://bit.ly/1gNNHg2
UFC TONIGHT INTERVIEWS JONES AND TEIXEIRA ABOUT UFC 172 TITLE BOUT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 23 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenny Florian, Chael Sonnen, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Hosts Florian and Sonnen interview UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Glover Teixeira about their upcoming title match at UFC 172. Light heavyweight contender Phil Davis talks about his UFC 172 bout with Anthony Johnson. Insider Ariel Helwani and Karyn Bryant add reports.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER – TOURNAMENT KICKS OFF WITH MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 23 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar
- This Week: Eight middleweights and eight light heavyweights move into the fighter house, ready to pursue their dreams of becoming The Ultimate Fighter. The tournament kicks off with a middleweight matchup between Irishman Cathal Pendred and the Mexican-born Hector Urbina. At weigh-ins, coaches BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar must pull their heated fighters apart. Later, the two middleweights enter the Octagon prepared for a vicious battle.
UFC 172 WEIGH-IN SHOW: CORMIER JOINS AS ANALYST
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2, Friday, April 25 (4:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Chael Sonnen, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Coverage of UFC 172: JONES VS. TEIXEIRA begins on FOX Sports 2 with the UFC 172 WEIGH-IN as the 22 fighters try to make weight for their fights. UFC light heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier and light heavyweight Chael Sonnen join as analysts.
UFC 172 PREFIGHT SHOW: JONES – TEIXEIRA TITLE FIGHT PREVIEW
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 26 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Chael Sonnen, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: Host Jay Glazer and analysts Cormier, Sonnen and Stann preview the fights at UFC 172.
UFC 172 PRELIMS FEATURE KEY MATCHUP BETWEEN TOP-RANKED FLYWEIGHTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2, Saturday, April 26 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan, Jay Glazer, Chael Sonnen, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: TheUFC 172 PRELIMS feature four exciting fights, including a flyweight bout between No. 2-ranked Joseph Benavidez (19-4) and No. 8-ranked Tim Elliott (10-4-1). Plus, Japanese legend Takanori Gomi (34-9, 1NC) faces Isaac Vallie-Flagg (14-4-1) in a lightweight bout.
UFC 172 POSTFIGHT SHOW RECAPS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 26 (1:00 AM ET)
- Talent: Jay Glazer, Chael Sonnen, Daniel Cormier, Brian Stann, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: The UFC ON FOX studio crew recaps UFC 172 and analyzes the light heavyweight title fight between champion Jon Jones and challenger Glover Teixeira. The one-hour review also features exclusive interviews with the winners, plus UFC President Dana White.
UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER – FABER ON THE BRINK
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 27 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jon Anik
- This Week: UFC veteran Urijah Faber provides an exclusive first person account of his much anticipated fight week and bantamweight title tilt against Renan Barao. Plus, UFC stars reveal who their idols are, and how they inspire them to this day. Then, Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar contemplate a world in which the UFC never existed, and riff on the careers some of the sport’s most famed fighters would have pursued instead.
VILLOPOTO POISED TO COLLECT FOURTH CONSECUTIVE TITLE THIS WEEKEND – SHEHEEN SAYS ROCZEN IS SEASON’S BIGGEST SURPRISE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 2, Saturday, April 26 (7:30 PM ET); FOX Sports 1 re-airs Sunday, April 27 at 4:00 p.m. ET
- Talent: Ralph Sheheen, Jeff Emig, Ricky Carmichael, Jenny Taft, Danielle Trotta
- This Week: Three-time defending 450SX Class champion Ryan Villopoto is a virtual lock for a fourth consecutive title when Monster Energy Supercross rolls into MetLife Stadium in New Jersey on Saturday. As riders prepare for the season’s penultimate race, FOX Sports’ Ralph Sheheen offers insight into Supercross surprises and disappointments: “The biggest surprise might have been the rookie class. There were a lot of expectations coming into the year as to how Ken Roczen and Eli Tomac would do. Tomac struggled with injuries and still hasn’t really found the speed many thought he would have. Roczen, on the other hand, has been in the title chase all season, won a couple of rounds and even claimed the highly prestigious Anaheim season opener. I think the biggest disappointment has to be Ryan Dungey. Once again, he was a title contender and a pre-season favorite and, once again, he is going to come up short. He also had a handful of races he should have won that he came up short in. He rides well but just ends up a hair short.” To take a virtual run on the MetLife course, please visit: http://foxs.pt/1hiB4gQ. In addition, a premiere airing of the AMSOIL Arenacross race from Albuquerque debuts Sunday, April 27 (2:00 PM ET) on FOX Sports 1.
MOTOGP HEADS TO ARGENTINA FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 27 (12:00-2:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Bob Varsha; analysts Gregory Haines and Nick Harris
- This Week: MotoGP heads to Argentina for the first time ever this weekend at the newly upgraded Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo in Santiago del Estero, Argentina. The MotoGP World Championship Grand Prix of Argentina marks the series’ first race in South America since the 2004 Rio De Janeiro Grand Prix in Brazil. MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez dominated all weekend long in the Grand Prix of the Americas two weeks ago in Austin, Texas, en route to netting his second win in as many races this season. He leads the point standings by 14 points over Honda teammate Dani Pedrosa. Two-time World Champion Jorge Lorenzo looks to jumpstart his season in the season’s third race after enduring a terrible start to the season that saw him crash out on the first lap in the season opener at Qatar and suffer a penalty at Austin en route to finishing 10th.
GOLDEN BOY BOXING RETURNS TO PUERTO RICO WITH TWO BELTS ON THE LINE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Monday, April 28 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Rich Marotta, Beto Duran and Jessica Rosales
- This Week: Golden Boy Promotions returns to the boxing-rich island of Puerto Rico with a 10-round WBA Fedelatin Super Lightweight Title fight between Michael “The Artist” Perez (19-1-2, 10 KOs) from Newark, N.J. and 23-year-old Jorge “Koky” Romero (24-8, 21 KOs) of Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico. The bout is Perez’ sixth in Puerto Rico and he will attempt to extend his five-fight unbeaten streak against Mexican warrior Romero, reigniting the storied Puerto Rico vs. Mexico boxing rivalry. In the co-main event, two of the top junior bantamweights in the world battle for a world title shot, as Puerto Rico’s own McJoe Arroyo (13-0, 7 KOs) faces off against fellow unbeaten Ezequiel Aquino (15-0-1, 10 KOs) of the Dominican Republic in an IBF Junior Bantamweight title elimination bout.
RED BULL AIR RACE HEADS TO CROATIA FOR SECOND STOP
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Monday, April 28 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Nick Fellows, analyst Mike Mangold
- This Week: On the Adriatic Sea amidst the breathtaking scenery of the historic town of Rovinj, Croatia, the Red Bull Air Race World Championship readies for the second leg of its eight-stop series. Britain’s Paul Bonhomme won the season opener in Abu Dhabi, and is holding a slim lead over Austria’s Hannes Arch and Canada’s Pete McLeod. In the Red Bull Air Race, pilots race against the clock as they try to navigate their race planes as fast as possible through a challenging low-altitude slalom course filled with Air Gate obstacles. The pilots endure forces of up to 10Gs in the tight air-course turns..
FOX SPORTS LIVE – KAPLER ON WHY PUJOLS IS ONE OF BEST HITTERS OF OUR GENERATION
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Don Bell, Ryan Field, Charissa Thompson, Gary Payton, Jim Jackson, Gabe Kapler, Bill Reiter and Petros Papadakis
- This Week: On Thursday, April 24, Detroit Pistons Point Guard and 2004 NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups joins in studio as a guest panelist.On Tuesday night’s edition of FOX SPORTS LIVE, Gabe Kapler broke down Albert Pujols’ power resurgence and how the Angels’ slugger hit career home runs Nos. 499 and 500 on the same night: “What we’re seeing this year is just an absolute resurgence in his pure pop. It’s not necessarily his line drives or his base hits, but his home runs are there. What’s happening here is we get to celebrate a man that has been arguably the greatest right-handed hitter of our generation, right up there with Miguel Cabrera.” Click here to watch the entire segment.
AMERICA’S PREGAME – 2004 NBA FINALS MVP BILLUPS ON THURSDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Hill and Molly McGrath
- This Week: This week, Mike and Molly are joined by FOX Sports analysts Royce Clayton, Scott Fujita, Kenny Florian, Chael Sonnen, Matt Iseman and Jim Jackson, while 2004 NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups is in studio on Thursday, April 24.
CROWD GOES WILD – 3X SUPERCROSS CHAMP RYAN VILLOPOTO ON THURSDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (5:00 PM ET); airs at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, April 25
- Talent: Regis Philbin, Georgie Thompson, Jason Gay, Michael Kosta, Trevor Pryce and Katie Nolan. Guest panelist Cliff Floyd on Thursday, April 24 and Friday, April 25.
- Guests: Bill Laimbeer (New York Liberty Head Coach & General Manager) and Ryan Villopoto (three-time Monster Energy Supercross Champion) on Thursday, April 24; Jim Norton (comedian & radio personality) and Nick Young (Los Angeles Lakers) on Friday, April 25; and Eric LeGrand (former Rutgers football player and host of “A Walk to Believe”) on Monday, April 28.
- ICYMI: In case you missed it, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones stopped by CROWD GOES WILD this week and talked about his cat, Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather, and why, despite having two brothers in the NFL, he didn’t play football. Click here to watch the full interview.
THE MIKE FRANCESA SHOW
- Network: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (1:00-4:00 PM ET) and FOX Sports 2, weekdays (4:00-6:30 PM ET); airs from 1:00-6:30 PM ET on FOX Sports 2 Wednesday, April 23, Tuesday, April 29 and Wednesday, April 30; preempted Thursday, April 24 and Friday, April 25
- Talent: Mike Francesa