MLB on FOX Sports 1: Twins-Indians / Giants-Dodgers Doubleheader This Saturday
NASCAR: Sprint Cup Series Racing From Texas Motor Speedway
SOCCER: UEFA Champions League and Rise As One Documentary Highlight Week
GOLDEN BOY BOXING: Night of the Heavyweights Features Three Unbeatens
SUPERCROSS: Stewart Goes for Fourth In a Row in Houston
FOX SPORTS 1 USHERS IN NEW ERA FOR BASEBALL FANS FILLED WITH PASSION, EXCITEMENT AND UNFORGETTABLE MOMENTS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 5 (12:30 PM ET)
- Pregame: Host Kevin Burkhardt welcomes baseball fans into a new era for America’s newest 24-hour sports network as MLB games come to FOX Sports 1 for the first time ever. Burkhardt is joined by MLB on FOX Sports 1 analyst and World Series Champion Gabe Kapler and MLB Hall of Famer Frank Thomas to preview the upcoming day’s action. FOX Sports 1 delivers fans two exciting matchups this Saturday:
- Minnesota Twins @ Cleveland Indians: Thom Brennaman & Eric Karros (1:00 PM ET).
- San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers: Joe Buck, Harold Reynolds & Tom Verducci (4:00 PM ET)
- What The Analysts Are Saying: MLB on FOX game analyst Harold Reynolds joined The Dan Patrick Show earlier this week. Reynolds on which team he believes is the best in baseball: “I know a lot of people say the Dodgers, but the Nationals are loaded this year. If they get (pitcher) Doug Fister back healthy, that’s the team to beat right now.”
MLB WHIPAROUND IN FULL SWING ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 2 (12:00 AM ET), Thursday, April 3 (9:00 PM ET), Friday, April 4 (7:00 PM ET), Monday, April 7 (10:00 PM ET), preempted April 8-9
- Talent: Chris Myers, Ryan Field, Frank Thomas, C.J. Nitkowski, Gabe Kapler
- This Week: MLB Whiparound expands FOX Sports 1’s commitment to baseball coverage this season with quick-turnaround highlights of in-progress games, MLB news and analysis. The hour-long program originates from Los Angeles.
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 9 (1:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Julie Alexandria
- This Week: Taking its cue from the hottest baseball topics trending on social media and delivering first-hand, behind-the-scenes perspectives seen through the eyes of those closest to the game, with clever twists on stats and players.
NASCAR ON FOX, FOX SPORTS 1 & FOX SPORTS 2 FROM TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: With Brad Keselowski vs. Martinsville winner Kurt Busch front and center, the NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES heads to the Lone Star State for Sunday’s race, live on FOX at 3:00 PM ET with pre-race coverage beginning at 2:30 PM ET. Mike Joy leads the NASCAR on FOX booth with analysis from NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and former crew chief Larry McReynolds. Chris Myers hosts with analysis from Michael Waltrip and pit reports from Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Krista Voda and Matt Yocum.
FOX Sports 1’s NASCAR RACEDAY (1:30 PM ET) kicks off Sunday’s coverage, immediately followed by network pre-race coverage on FOX NASCAR SUNDAY (2:30 PM ET). FOX Deportes telecasts the race on a delay on Monday, April 7 (2:00 AM ET), while FOX Sports GO, the app that provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, offers live streaming of the race, as well as all practice and qualifying sessions telecast on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. Customers of participating video providers may access the live streams of the race through the FOX Sports GO app for iOS devices, as well as on desktops through FOXSportsGO.com.
TIRE ISSUES COULD POP UP AT TEXAS, SAYS LARRY MCREYNOLDS: “Tires could be a question until we get on the track at Texas because of rule changes this year. One thing we don’t talk about much is that in addition to high speeds, new setups and the no ride-height rule this year, we’ve got added down force that causes more load on the cars and has the corner speeds up. Everyone will be monitoring tires closely on Friday and Saturday because I think we found the threshold at Auto Club Speedway. It would be nice to say teams could add air pressure and solve the tire problem we had at Fontana, but until we get to Texas, we can’t predict. We didn’t see a lot of problems at Las Vegas, so I’m hanging my hat on that.”
BUSCH’S CONFIDENCE UP AFTER EARLY WIN, SAYS DARRELL WALTRIP: “With Kurt, that win provides confidence after a long dry spell. He has been through a lot of trials and tribulations since his last win, and as a driver, you begin to wonder if you’ll ever win again. Throw in a new crew chief and a brand-new team for Kurt, and I’m sure there were some question marks. Those likely have been erased now.”
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACING FROM TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY
- Network/When: FOX, Sunday, April 6 (3:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Joy leads the NASCAR on FOX booth with analysis from NASCAR Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip and former crew chief Larry McReynolds. Chris Myers hosts alongside Michael Waltrip, with pit reports from Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Krista Voda and Matt Yocum.
FOX NASCAR SUNDAY TEXAS PRE-RACE SHOW
- Network/When: FOX, Sunday, April 6 (2:30-3:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum and Krista Voda
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 6 (1:30-2:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds, Michael Waltrip, Jeff Hammond, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum, Krista Voda and Rutledge Wood
NASCAR VICTORY LANE
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 6 (8:00-8:30 PM ET; delayed)
- Talent: Chris Myers, Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, Steve Byrnes, Jeff Hammond, Matt Yocum and Krista Voda
NASCAR RACE HUB – EDSEL FORD GUEST
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Thursday, April 3 (12:00-1:00 PM ET), Monday, April 7 (4:00-5:00 PM ET), Tuesday, April 8 (12:00-1:00 PM ET); Wednesday, April 9 (12:00-1:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Co-hosts Steve Byrnes, Danielle Trotta and Adam Alexander; analysts Matt Clark; Bob Dillner, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds
- Guests: Edsel Ford on Thursday, April 3
- Features: New features series counting down the top-10 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rookie drivers of all time begins on Wednesday, April 9 with Matt Kenseth
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTERFINAL SECOND LEGS
- Olympique Lyon vs. Juventus, FOX Sports 1, Thursday, April 3 (2:30 PM ET)
- Porto vs. Sevilla, FOX Sports 2, Thursday, April 3 (2:30 PM ET)
- AZ Alkmaar vs. Benfica, FOX Soccer Plus, Thursday, April 3 (2:30 PM ET)
- Basel vs. Valencia, FOX Soccer Plus, Thursday, April 3 (5:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Rob Stone, analysts Warren Barton, Brian McBride and Janusz Michallik.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTERFINALS WRAP UP NEXT WEEK
- Chelsea vs. Paris St. Germain, FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, April 8 (2:00 PM ET)
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Real Madrid, FOX Sports 2 & FOX Soccer Plus, Tuesday, April 8 (2:00 PM ET)
- Bayern Munich vs. Manchester United, FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 9 (2:00 PM ET)
- Atlético Madrid vs. Barcelona, FOX Sports 2 & FOX Soccer Plus, Wednesday, April 9 (2:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Rob Stone, analysts Warren Barton, Brian McBride and guest analysts Mario Melchiot (Tuesday) and Mikael Silvestre (Wednesday). Gus Johnson, analyst Eric Wynaldacall Bayern Munich-Manchester United live from Allianz Arena on Wednesday.
WORLD CUP FEVER CONTINUES WITH RISE AS ONE EPISODE 3
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Tuesday, April 8 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Legends from France’s 1998 World Cup team including Lilian Thuram, Zinedine Zidane and Youri Djorkaeff.
- This Week: Budweiser and FOX Sports’ documentary series resumes with the third episode, “One Nation,” focusing on the French Men’s National Team, who won the World Cup in their home country in 1998. Leading up to the tournament, the team was criticized in their country for having players that came from immigrant parents or grandparents. The team was able to break down these divisions, set an example to promote racial unity in the country and continue to fight against racism in sport today.
THE CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL IS ALMOST SET
- Semifinal Leg 2: Toluca vs. Alajuelense, FOX Sports 2, Tuesday, April 8 (8:00 PM ET)
- Semifinal Leg 2: Cruz Azul vs. Tijuana, FOX Sports 2, Wednesday, April 9 (8:00 PM ET)
- Talent: JP Dellacamera and Cobi Jones (Tuesday Semifinal), JP Dellacamera and Brian Dunseth (Wednesday Semifinal)
UFC TONIGHT – JACKSON’S MMA MEDIA DAY WITH LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP JONES, BROWNE AND KENNEDY INTERVIEWS
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 2 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Kenny Florian, Chael Sonnen, Karyn Bryant, Ariel Helwani
- This Week: On UFC TONIGHT, Insider Helwani attends a media day at Jackson’s MMA in Albuquerque where he interviews light heavyweight champ Jon Jones, heavyweight contender Travis Browne and middleweight Tim Kennedy, as well as Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn. Florian and Sonnen discuss a potential fight between Daniel Cormier and Dan Henderson, and the just announced Renan Barao vs. TJ Dillashaw title fight.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER NATIONS – BATTLE OF THE UNDEFEATED
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Wednesday, April 2 (10:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Patrick Côté, Kyle Noke
- This Week:On this episode of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER NATIONS: CANADA VS. AUSTRALIA, following Elias’ win over Tyler, the fighters watch UFC FIGHT NIGHT live from Brisbane, Australia. The relaxed night improves the mood of the house as everyone gets ready for the welterweight semifinal between Canadian star Olivier Aubin-Mercier and Aussie grinder, ‘Filthy Rich’ Walsh.
UFC ULTIMATE INSIDER – BISPING SOUNDS OFF, DAVIS AND JOHNSON TRAINING DAYS, COWBOY’S DAYTONA 500
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 6 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Host Jon Anik
- This Week: Watch the training day routines of UFC stars Phil Davis and Anthony Johnson as they prepare for their epic showdown at UFC 172. Yoel Romero recalls the path from Cuban Olympian to UFC rising star. Michael Bisping joins host Jon Anik in studio to sound off on his next opponent Tim Kennedy. Thrill-seeking Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has an all-access pass at the Daytona 500 courtesy of NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick.
UFC RELOADED: UFC 162 FEATURES SHOCKING SILVA VS. WEIDMAN REMATCH
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Monday, April 7 (7:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Anderson Silva, Chris Weidman
- This Week: Watch one of the biggest rematches of all time again with the UFC RELOADED from UFC 162, featuring the middleweight title fight between champion Chris Weidman and challenger Anderson Silva, who wants to redeem his title loss to Weidman earlier in the year. Plus, catch all the thrilling highlights of the evening.
BREAZEALE HAS INTRIGUING POTENTIAL AT GOLDEN BOY’S NIGHT OF THE HEAVYWEIGHTS, SAYS MAROTTA
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1 / FOX Deportes, Thursday, April 3 (10 :00 PM ET)
- Talent: Rich Marotta, Beto Duran and Jessica Rosales
- This Week: It’s a special “Night Of The Heavyweights” at the Golden Boy Live! boxing at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, California, featuring former heavyweight world title challenger Monte “Two Gunz” Barrett (35-10-2, 20 KOs), who returns to the ring to face unbeaten Cuban contender and #2-ranked Luis “The Real King Kong” Ortiz (20-0, 17 KOs) in the main event. Plus, Vallejo, California’s Gerald “El Gallo Negro” Washington (11-0, 8 KOs) risks his perfect professional record in the 10-round co-main event against Houston’ Skipp “Strictly Business” Scott (16-1, 10 KOs). Although he’s not in the main event, 2012 U.S. Olympian Dominic “Trouble” Breazeale (9-0, 9 KOs) is one to watch, says FOX Sports boxing announcer Rich Marotta, as he goes for 10 straight wins against veteran standout Nagy Aguilera (19-7, 13 KOs). “Breazeale has size and athleticism, but the key is turning those gifts into a boxing equation,” he says. “Breazeale is getting more relaxed and less mechanical, and has very intriguing potential.”
STARS SHINE AS MONSTER ENERGY SUPERCROSS HEADS TO HOUSTON
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Saturday, April 5 (8:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Ralph Sheheen, Jeff Emig, Jeremy McGrath and Jenny Taft
- This Week: The Monster Energy Supercross Series heads to Houston this weekend with three of the sport’s biggest stars poised to slug it out for this year’s championship. James ‘Bubba’ Stewart’s scintillating run in St. Louis was punctuated by his fifth 450SX victory of the season, moving the two-time champ to within one point of second-place Ryan Dungey for the 2014 title. Ryan Villopoto still holds a solid 26-point lead with his runner-up finish, but nagging injuries have slowed the three-time and defending Monster Energy Supercross champ. Stewart’s victory also marked the 50th of his career.
NATIONAL ARENACROSS SERIES HITS HALFWAY POINT OF 2014
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 6 (12:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Robbie Floyd, Grant Langston and Cristy Lee
- This Week: The National AMSOIL Arenacross Series, featuring Ricky Carmichael’s Road to Supercross, has hit the halfway point in its 2014 season with teammates Zach Ames and Tyler Bowers embroiled in a hotly contested points battle. A technically challenging Nampa, Idaho surface awaits this weekend, as Bowers hopes to continue the momentum he gained by winning both 15-lap main events in Sacramento.
STREAKING CONFERENCE USA SQUADS STEP TO THE PLATE ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 6 (2:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Play-by-play announcer Ron Thulin and analyst Pat Combs
- This Week: Southern Miss and Middle Tennessee both ride hot streaks into this weekend’s three-game set in Hattiesburg, Miss. The Golden Eagles have taken two of three in each of their conference series so far this season, plus a win last week over then-No. 9 Ole Miss, while the Blue Raiders are coming off a series win against then-No. 10 Rice. Sunday’s finale between the two squads airs live on FOX Sports 1.
AMERICA’S PREGAME PREMIERES MONDAY
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Monday, April 7 (6:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Hill, Molly McGrath.
- This Week: A new hour-long program originating from the FOX Network Center in Los Angeles that every weeknight answers the questions sports fans have about the most compelling stories, games and events from across the country. Always fan-first, AMERICA’S PREGAME highlights the action from game sites across the nation using FOX Sports’ national and regional channels, and viewers learn what’s important and why they should watch, no matter which network is televising it.
FOX SPORTS LIVE HEADS TO DALLAS FOR FINAL FOUR
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, nightly (11:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Jay Onrait, Dan O’Toole, Charissa Thompson, Don Bell, Donny Marshall, Steve Lavin, Austin Croshere, Donovan McNabb, Gabe Kapler, Andy Roddick, Bill Reiter, Petros Papadakis, Reid Forgrave and/or Jim Jackson
- This Week: St. John’s head basketball coach Steve Lavin joins Charissa Thompson, Jim Jackson and Reid Forgrave live from the site of the Final Four in Dallas to break down the top stories from around college basketball.
GUEST PANELIST AND MLB ALL-STAR ORLANDO HUDSON JOINS CROWD GOES WILD
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, weekdays (5:00 PM ET), Friday, April 4 (9:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Regis Philbin, Georgie Thompson, Jason Gay, Michael Kosta, Trevor Pryce and Katie Nolan. Guest panelist Orlando Hudson on Thursday, April 3 and Friday, April 4.
- Guests: Kelly Tripucka (retired NBA player/NBA broadcaster) on Wednesday, April 2; Anthony Mackie (actor) on Thursday, April 3.
THE MIKE FRANCESA SHOW
- FOX Sports 1: Friday, April 4 (1:00 – 4:00 PM ET)
- FOX Sports 2: Friday, April 4 (4:00 – 6:30 PM ET)
- Talent: Mike Francesa
- This Week: The Mike Francesa show is preempted due to live sports programming: April 2, April 3, April 7, April 8 & April 9
WPT ALPHA 8 RE-DEFINES HIGH STAKES POKER ON FOX SPORTS 1
- Network/When: FOX Sports 1, Sunday, April 6 (9:00 PM ET)
- Talent: Lynn Gilmartin
- This Week: Day 2 of World Poker Tour’s dramatic, super-high stakes WPT Alpha 8 Series event from Florida is set for FOX Sports 1 on Sunday, March 30. This new series feature’s poker’s top professionals competing against wealthy amateur enthusiasts in $100,000 buy in matches. The tour travels to some of the most exclusive gaming destinations in the world.