Interactive Fan Experience Offers Broadcast Site for Live Program Cut-Ins
Charlotte, N.C. – When college football coverage kicks-off this year on FOX Sports and FOX Sports 1, America’s new sports network, their national studio shows can tap the tremendous energy and excitement of the on-campus experience courtesy of a unique, interactive fan destination, the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR. First stop on the tour is the University of Southern California, as the Trojans welcome Pac-12 rival Washington State on Saturday, Sept. 7. The centerpiece of each tour-stop is the ability to connect the enthusiasm of fans on-site with those watching at home via LIVE cut-ins into multiple FOX and FOX Sports 1 studio shows throughout the day.
“Being able to tap into the amplified energy level you can only get from college football fans will be a unique addition to our broadcasts each weekend,” said John Entz, EVP & Executive Producer for FOX Sports. “We wanted something a little more adventurous than a simple desk in a remote location, and the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR gives us just that, and more.”
In addition to on-site activity throughout the 80’ x 100’ branded footprint, the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR gives the FOX Sports production team an opportunity to highlight participating schools and interact with fans throughout the broadcast.
Heading into the season, at least four on-air segments from the TOUR are planned each weekend, including hits in Friday’s FOX FOOTBALL DAILY (6-7), Saturday’s FORD FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRE-GAME SHOW and FORD FOX SPORTS 1 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRE-GAME SHOW, as well as during the FOX Sports 1 halftime show.
“We want to provide fans with an opportunity to interact with our talent and have a really engaging and fun experience when they come out to the game,” said FOX Sports EVP of Marketing Robert Gottlieb. “This is a nice way for us to let fans be part of the FOX college football experience every Saturday during the season.”
Whether you simply want to enjoy the games on the 16’ x 10’ elevated wide-screen TV or battle for campus bragging rights by taking on tackling dummies in the Academy Sports + Outdoor Skills Challenge, the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR offers fans multiple ways to show off their team and school pride, including:
· FORD Tailgate Zone – Masters of the tailgate can hang out with friends in an area centered around centerpiece 13-foot mega corn hole boards, ladderball games and a comfortable viewing area.
· Academy Sports + Outdoor Skills Challenge – Fans line up to test their skill and agility in a battle against the clock that includes a high-knees ropes course, blocking dummies and lateral & downfield passing accuracy tests.
· Pizza Hut Ultimate Fan Lounge – A comfortable fan viewing area where everyone can catch up on football scores from around the country is the perfect place to take a break from the action. Each week, fans are invited to snap a photo of themselves and post to Twitter for a chance to win a $50 gift card from Pizza Hut.
· Snap Tag Share Photo Op – A photo area designed to put fans in the most iconic post-game celebration in football – the sports drink shower.
· Show Your Team Colors – FOX Sports 1 “brand ambassadors” paint, tattoo and color fans in shades of their favorite teams.
· Virtual Gaming Center – Utilizing the latest motion-sensor gaming experience, fans will be able to challenge each other in the current version of NCAA College Football.
Designed and staffed by award-winning, North Carolina-based JHE Production Group (http://www.gojhe.com/), the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR is an instant destination for fans around the country, putting an exclamation point on the already fun-filled college football lifestyle.
— FOX SPORTS –